The Doctrine of Obscurity

In Genesis 26, we some amazing things, such as Isaac being assured of the promises for his offspring based upon:

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Beyond that, we see Isaac, rather than to try and elevate his fame and influence on the basis of his wealth being on par with that of Abimelech, the king of the Philistines, he obeyed the Lord by avoiding the king by going away into obscurity, and was later pursued by the king to acquire a covenantal agreement. Talk about that king living in fear of Isaak; a man who was willing to go away into obscurity in obedience to His Lord.

A willingness to go away into obscurity, that is a trait we need to see more of rather than for the massive following of men building their kingdom ministries...surrounding themselves with perpetual sheep held in stasis mode, relying strictly upon programmatic discipleship, which has an effectiveness rate, to date, that is dismal and pathetic.

Anyone who doesn't understand the implications and ripple effect of that, feel free to ask whatever is on your heart and mind about it.

MM

Back