The Divine Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The Greek in Jn 6:37 is a double negative, used only in rare conditions. It is an absolute statement, that it cannot happen (impossible). Now the Divine Nature is a confidence that one has the eternal Spirit of God. A believer should always be aware that they are eternal beings, belonging to God. Now some would say "what about this or that scriptures that seems to suggest that one might lose their salvation in some way? These scriptures are very real warnings, all of them made to those who have in some way rejected the grace of Christ, mainly to those who return or turn to legalism and self-righteousness. In fact the root of the word "grace" is "hand".

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all;
charis, khar'-ece
Search for 5485 in KJV

from 5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s, -worthy).
See Greek 5463 (chairo)

cheir, khire
Search for 5495 in KJV
perhaps from the base of 5494 in the sense of its congener the base of 5490 (through the idea of hollowness for grasping); the hand (literally or figuratively (power); especially (by Hebraism) a means or instrument):--hand.

The great truth is that as long as a believer continues in His Grace, that believer is "saved to the uttermost"
This is having the divine nature ( the very nature of God) knowing that one is an eternal being, confident and secure that one belongs to God.

Last edited:
I have sought to explain my understanding of what I see as a very important aspect of the "Divine Nature", that a believer should be confident of the Grace of Christ and that grace having the unfailing power to hold them in the Fathers love and Life. I have mentioned that the religious teachings of guilt and shame and control of others by these false teachings, are in conflict with the Fathers Will and contrary to the Divine Nature. I hope to challenge the false teachings of guilt and shame and most all of them begin here in John 16.

Joh 16:7 ¶ Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Now the reading of theses passages is very clear the "sin" the Holy Spirit will convict the "world" of sin because they do not believe. Now to the believer the Lord says the Holy Spirit will convict of righteousness," because I go to the Father and you see me no more"

Now here one can clearly see that is not the "believer" that the Holy Spirit is "convicting" of sin, but the world, because they do not believe.

My friends no where in the New Testament does it say the Holy Spirit is convicting a believer of sins, in fact it says just the opposite.

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

There is a spirit that "accuses the brethren" it is not the Holy Spirit.

Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The Greek in Jn 6:37 is a double negative, used only in rare conditions. It is an absolute statement, that it cannot happen (impossible). Now the Divine Nature is a confidence that one has the eternal Spirit of God. A believer should always be aware that they are eternal beings, belonging to God. Now some would say "what about this or that scriptures that seems to suggest that one might lose their salvation in some way? These scriptures are very real warnings, all of them made to those who have in some way rejected the grace of Christ, mainly to those who return or turn to legalism and self-righteousness. In fact the root of the word "grace" is "hand".

Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all;
charis, khar'-ece
Search for 5485 in KJV

from 5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s, -worthy).
See Greek 5463 (chairo)

cheir, khire
Search for 5495 in KJV
perhaps from the base of 5494 in the sense of its congener the base of 5490 (through the idea of hollowness for grasping); the hand (literally or figuratively (power); especially (by Hebraism) a means or instrument):--hand.

The great truth is that as long as a believer continues in His Grace, that believer is "saved to the uttermost"
This is having the divine nature ( the very nature of God) knowing that one is an eternal being, confident and secure that one belongs to God.
I don't think I made my point as clear as I should have in this post? Those sure and confident promises given to us in the New Covenant, can be sure and confident, because they are made based upon Gods grace, not our ability. This is where some miss the truth, they see the warnings and do not understand the warnings are being made to those who are rejecting grace. For instance in 2 Peter, the warning against "turning from the way of righteousness" (the righteousness of faith) is being made to those who are turning back to self-righteousness. The swine "washed" by the word of His grace, has returned to its wallow-the law (which is the strength of sin) . Legalism blinds the believer from seeing the truth.

I think I'm a bit sensitive when it comes to law and grace because of my own personal situation. Please help me understand... I have had a very close relationship to a man who professed to be a believer but quit going to church because they "mixed law and grace". It was like he discovered some secret that no one else was able to comprehend and he felt he didn't need church. When it comes to sex out of marriage... He'd say "I'm not under the law, I'm under grace, don't put me under the law!" Same goes for getting drunk and swearing and making racist comments or just plain being rude. He could call his 12 year old daughter a b**** and if I dared say anything I was told "don't put me under the law". He calls me Moses and a pharisee and a legalist.

I love my Father and THAT is why I obey. It is NOT to be saved... That would be legalism.

Certainly, no one here is saying this is the correct way to use the precious grace of God, right? We are called to live a holy life, right? Jesus as our example... because we love Him, right?

Just trying to understand.

Thanks and God bless

I think I'm a bit sensitive when it comes to law and grace because of my own personal situation. Please help me understand... I have had a very close relationship to a man who professed to be a believer but quit going to church because they "mixed law and grace". It was like he discovered some secret that no one else was able to comprehend and he felt he didn't need church. When it comes to sex out of marriage... He'd say "I'm not under the law, I'm under grace, don't put me under the law!" Same goes for getting drunk and swearing and making racist comments or just plain being rude. He could call his 12 year old daughter a b**** and if I dared say anything I was told "don't put me under the law". He calls me Moses and a pharisee and a legalist.

I love my Father and THAT is why I obey. It is NOT to be saved... That would be legalism.

Certainly, no one here is saying this is the correct way to use the precious grace of God, right? We are called to live a holy life, right? Jesus as our example... because we love Him, right?

Thanks and God bless
Now hold on a min? have you read my post? So because your husband uses the word "grace" and sins , the scriptures cannot be trusted? that makes no sense!

What I have taught is absolute and clear in scripture, if your husband or whoever seems to be able to sin without conscience? Then maybe they really do not have Gods law written upon their heart? Or they need to from the flesh reap that which they have sown. This I know, that your husband is not believing what I am teaching on this thread.

Last edited:
Now hold on a min? have you read my post? So because your husband uses the word "grace" and sins , the scriptures cannot be trusted? that makes no sense!

What I have taught is absolute and clear in scripture, if your husband or whoever seems to be able to sin without conscience? Then maybe they really do not have Gods law written upon their heart? Or they need to from the flesh reap that which they have sown. This I know, that your husband is not believing what I am teaching on this thread.

I must say brother the confidence you have that love (from God) and love (given from that which is received) alone, can fulfill that which the law demanded, put those Holy Spirit goose bumps all over me (as I read your understanding of the truth) To me this is the most important mystery that is revealed to the believer, That we receive Gods love and love others with the love we have received. It is so simple and yet so profound! It answers all the appearances of conflict in the New Testament. I hope we can speak more on the issue, and learn from one another. We do not have to defend love as the fulfillment of the law, it is written in such a plain and absolute way, that it cannot be denied. But it helps others to understand when we explain that love, never covets, steals, lies, never seeks to take but looks to give. Never seeks to take another mans wife, but prays earnestly for their marriage. Love has no fear and brings the true rest (Sabbath). Is it not written, that if we say we love God (first commandment) we prove it when we love others with His Love. Now none who look to the written code, can keep it! But those who look to Christ and receive His love "will by NATURE" fulfill that which the law demanded. In fact God is love, His law was always about love. Which man did not have (and the law proves)until Christ showed us and gave us the Fathers Love. The love of God shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit..... I could go on and on, my heart is full that you know these things and I rejoice that the truth is growing day by day. By His grace may we walk in the truth of what we know... blessings -Mitspa
Now this is what I am teaching a "divine nature" true holiness, maybe your husband needs to read my post?

Thanks and God bless
Is this a man you are married to? It sounds as if you are not married? It also sounds as if their is some kind of physical relationship?

Yes, I read the posts. Just asking for understanding as I said, I am sensitive to this because of my own personal situation. And we are divorced now. My children said they will never be ok with him as he was also quite abusive. I would agree he may not truly be saved but confusing when someone insists they are and yet makes comments as he does. He has NEVER had guilt or remorse as he states "guilt and remorse are just condemnation from the devil".
I posted because I needed clarification.
Thanks and God bless

Yes, I read the posts. Just asking for understanding as I said, I am sensitive to this because of my own personal situation. And we are divorced now. My children said they will never be ok with him as he was also quite abusive. I would agree he may not truly be saved but confusing when someone insists they are and yet makes comments as he does. He has NEVER had guilt or remorse as he states "guilt and remorse are just condemnation from the devil".
I posted because I needed clarification.
Thanks and God bless
My friend, we can allow others to hinder us from the truth, if we look to man? The book is clear "the strength of sin, is the law" "for sin shall not have dominion over you, because you are not under law but under grace" I know a lot of people who claim to be "Christians" the most ungodly of these are the legalist, even thou they put on the mask of religion, there hearts are full of hypocrisy and unrighteousness. Those Christians who walk in love and understand that grace is the power over their weakness, are a bright light in this dark world. If I spoke to this man, I would challenge his assertions that he is in the true grace of God. Pray that God would bring upon him that rod of correction, that he might come to repentance. But his evil should not hinder the good that God is working through you and me.

I must say brother the confidence you have that love (from God) and love (given from that which is received) alone, can fulfill that which the law demanded, put those Holy Spirit goose bumps all over me (as I read your understanding of the truth) To me this is the most important mystery that is revealed to the believer, That we receive Gods love and love others with the love we have received. It is so simple and yet so profound! It answers all the appearances of conflict in the New Testament. I hope we can speak more on the issue, and learn from one another. We do not have to defend love as the fulfillment of the law, it is written in such a plain and absolute way, that it cannot be denied. But it helps others to understand when we explain that love, never covets, steals, lies, never seeks to take but looks to give. Never seeks to take another mans wife, but prays earnestly for their marriage. Love has no fear and brings the true rest (Sabbath). Is it not written, that if we say we love God (first commandment) we prove it when we love others with His Love. Now none who look to the written code, can keep it! But those who look to Christ and receive His love "will by NATURE" fulfill that which the law demanded. In fact God is love, His law was always about love. Which man did not have (and the law proves)until Christ showed us and gave us the Fathers Love. The love of God shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit..... I could go on and on, my heart is full that you know these things and I rejoice that the truth is growing day by day. By His grace may we walk in the truth of what we know... blessings -Mitspa

36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’c 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’d 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments (Matthew 22:36-40). The controversy I see happening is between keeping the commandments in flesh verses keeping them from the freedom of God's Spirit. Mitspa is correct in that the law was used to show us that we were sinners. However, when saved and walking in God's Spirit we do the commandments because God's Spirit compels us by love, not because we are required to. In God's Spirit we, "Love the Lord your God with all your (our) heart and with all your (our) soul and with all your (our) mind." And we "Love your (our) neighbor as yourself (ourself)." We do these things not to get approval from God, but because God's love is now in us and works through us. It is actually God's works in us, not our own fulfilling the commandments.

36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’c 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’d 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments (). The controversy I see happening is between keeping the commandments in flesh verses keeping them from the freedom of God's Spirit. Mitspa is correct in that the law was used to show us that we were sinners. However, when saved and walking in God's Spirit we do the commandments because God's Spirit compels us by love, not because we are required to. In God's Spirit we, "Love the Lord your God with all your (our) heart and with all your (our) soul and with all your (our) mind." And we "Love your (our) neighbor as yourself (ourself)." We do these things not to get approval from God, but because God's love is now in us and works through us. It is actually God's works in us, not our own fulfilling the commandments.

Yes, it is God working in us.
__ "That the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit."
Who is it that walks after the flesh? Them that walk according to their own understanding. Them that believe they have the Holy Spirit abiding by faith, not through faith: that believe they are saved by faith; not through faith! That call everybody else that believes differently. a "legalist".

The true believer has the witness of the Gospel (death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus) operating in his person; which is, repentance (death), ), baptism in water (in the NAME of Jesus Christ) for the remission of sins (burial), and receiving the Holy Spirit that is able to resurrect unto everlasting life (resurrection).

One could make a point about how the divine nature works in us, from those who allow

Yes, it is God working in us.
__ "That the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit."
Who is it that walks after the flesh? Them that walk according to their own understanding. Them that believe they have the Holy Spirit abiding by faith, not through faith: that believe they are saved by faith; not through faith! That call everybody else that believes differently. a "legalist".

The true believer has the witness of the Gospel (death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus) operating in his person; which is, repentance (death), ), baptism in water (in the NAME of Jesus Christ) for the remission of sins (burial), and receiving the Holy Spirit that is able to resurrect unto everlasting life (resurrection).
We do not need to "make up" what it means to "walk in the Spirit" or what it means to be "in the flesh", the scriptures do a very good job at that.

Ga 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like:
of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

One could make a point about how the divine nature works in us, from those who allow

We do not need to "make up" what it means to "walk in the Spirit" or what it means to be "in the flesh", the scriptures do a very good job at that.

Ga 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

In fact as our friend Lynn seemed to struggle in that her ex-husband used the terms of the doctrines of grace, as a cloak for his flesh? Now, what Paul did in his correction of those who would behave in this manner, was never to put them back under the law, but to show the difference between the flesh and Spirit. "know ye not that you have the Spirit of God within you"? Then making all responsible to live according to the truth that was in them. This sort of correction, is the true New Covenant correction. In all the wickedness of the Cornith church, Paul never put them back under the law or forms of religious legalism. That stuff never works and only makes sin grow worse. No, if one has a brother or sister in the Lord, who has been following after their lust? One should use the truth of "flesh" and "spirit" and if need be the warnings of those who walk after the flesh. Now a "legalist" is by definition, in the flesh and has no ability to correct anyone as to "spiritual" life and behavior. If one is not walking in "love", "joy", "peace", "gentleness"
etc.. They have no correction to offer anyone, but are in need that others should teach them.

36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’c 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’d 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments (Matthew 22:36-40). The controversy I see happening is between keeping the commandments in flesh verses keeping them from the freedom of God's Spirit. Mitspa is correct in that the law was used to show us that we were sinners. However, when saved and walking in God's Spirit we do the commandments because God's Spirit compels us by love, not because we are required to. In God's Spirit we, "Love the Lord your God with all your (our) heart and with all your (our) soul and with all your (our) mind." And we "Love your (our) neighbor as yourself (ourself)." We do these things not to get approval from God, but because God's love is now in us and works through us. It is actually God's works in us, not our own fulfilling the commandments.
How much joy did this bring to my life, when I understood this wonderful truth? Although before I understood it in doctrine, I had been walking in this, and the truth of how God was loving others "through me" taught me the truth of what the scriptures was saying.
We often see the law of love working in those who are recently "born-again", they are full of Gods love, joy, peace etc.. and give it gladly to others. Then that ole serpent of religion comes in and lays upon these shinning lights , the yoke of religious bondage. How God does hate mans religion?

No Beloved, you are quite correct. We do not have to "make up" anything.
Gal. 5:19-26 __ clearly show us how the natural man walks without the abiding Spirit of the Lord (Holy Spirit).
No question about that. But a deception has been introduced as another gospel among those who would be saved:
it is the gospel of faith. I submit that "faith" does not save: it can only lead us to salvation: it is the work of repentance.
Repentance, by itself, does not save: but it leads one to believe in God's promise: "...for this promise is unto you, and
to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

Those scriptures that you posted in bold, are they the ones the Lord Jesus told you I need to work on? Thank you.
I will try harder to overcome them...but I will have to lay aside the scriptures that admonishes us to speak the same
thing: to preach the same Gospel.

Once a worldwide evangelist asked me to pray for him. Surprised, I asked him how it was that I should pray for him.
He said, "Brother Villa, I need the prayers; and you need the experience." I hope you are writing in that same Spirit.

No Beloved, you are quite correct. We do not have to "make up" anything.
Gal. 5:19-26 __ clearly show us how the natural man walks without the abiding Spirit of the Lord (Holy Spirit).
No question about that. But a deception has been introduced as another gospel among those who would be saved:
it is the gospel of faith. I submit that "faith" does not save: it can only lead us to salvation: it is the work of repentance.
Repentance, by itself, does not save: but it leads one to believe in God's promise: "...for this promise is unto you, and
to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

Those scriptures that you posted in bold, are they the ones the Lord Jesus told you I need to work on? Thank you.
I will try harder to overcome them...but I will have to lay aside the scriptures that admonishes us to speak the same
thing: to preach the same Gospel.

Once a worldwide evangelist asked me to pray for him. Surprised, I asked him how it was that I should pray for him.
He said, "Brother Villa, I need the prayers; and you need the experience." I hope you are writing in that same Spirit.
I meant nothing by putting in bold , other than to make the contradiction of these things stand out. I am not sure what point you are trying to make in regards to faith and the salvation promised in faith? It seems you are trying to make things unclear as to hinder an honest discussion of what you are trying to affirm? "the gospel of faith" is a term that you are using, but not sure what you mean by the term. I mean exactly what is written, over and over in the New Covenant;

Ro 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Ro 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Ro 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Ro 5:1 ¶ Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

So, not sure at all what you mean by the "gospel of faith"? It is a "gospel of faith" it is the gospel of grace. It is the gospel of Jesus Christ and there is no other.

Hello Mitspa, such a great message you've just shared and I, like you, could just write for hours about God's Great Grace and Love towards us. I think it can be difficult for some to understand just what God's Love truly is when it's mixed with the worlds idea of love. Others think that it's soft and fuzzy believing it to be of weakness yet even Paul said concerning spiritual gifts, ministries, oversight positions - that without love, it's just nothing! I could give my body to be burned, give my money to the poor, know all mysteries yet without love, just nothing. I enjoy the verse even more which says "covet earnestly the gifts but yet I show unto you a MORE EXCELLENT WAY" - Love. God's Love is foolishness in the world but for us, we know there's more power involved in love than anything, unlike the gifts, true love, God's Love cannot be faked, if any doubt the resolve of God's Love we need only to look upon the glorious cross. A saviour, who could have destroyed every living thing on the planet to come away from the cross yet because of the great love he had and has for you and me, he endured it so that we could have eternal life! That's love! God bless you....

Hello Mitspa, such a great message you've just shared and I, like you, could just write for hours about God's Great Grace and Love towards us. I think it can be difficult for some to understand just what God's Love truly is when it's mixed with the worlds idea of love. Others think that it's soft and fuzzy believing it to be of weakness yet even Paul said concerning spiritual gifts, ministries, oversight positions - that without love, it's just nothing! I could give my body to be burned, give my money to the poor, know all mysteries yet without love, just nothing. I enjoy the verse even more which says "covet earnestly the gifts but yet I show unto you a MORE EXCELLENT WAY" - Love. God's Love is foolishness in the world but for us, we know there's more power involved in love than anything, unlike the gifts, true love, God's Love cannot be faked, if any doubt the resolve of God's Love we need only to look upon the glorious cross. A saviour, who could have destroyed every living thing on the planet to come away from the cross yet because of the great love he had and has for you and me, he endured it so that we could have eternal life! That's love! God bless you....
I was teaching a group once and the thought came to me (I believe from God) and I said that we (the church) are like kids in a kiddy pool, with our arm-floats and mask, and every once in a while we will splash a little of Gods love on others and think we have really figured it "love" out. But I know enough to know that His Love is that ocean, the width, length depth, etc.. That Paul spoke of... That we have not been able to accept or to imagine. May my prayer always be to seek His love and love others as He loves me. Blessings

1Co 13:1 ¶ Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 ¶ Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own,
is not provoked, thinks no evil;
6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 ¶ Love never fails.

I must say that these scriptures have tested me and tried the intentions of my heart. I was walking in many of the truths of Gods Word and Spirit, I was seeing many great things happen around me and had great ambitions, with open doors in ministry. I studied these scriptures one day and God made the meaning of these words real to me in a way I had not understood. When I compared myself to others, I would say that my "love walk" was doing very well. But when I compared my walk to these scriptures, I understood that much of what I had been doing in ministry and in the "church" in general, was a seeking of my own. In the Lords kindness towards me, He did not beat me over the head with the truth, but allowed me to see the truth of myself, while being confident of His goodness and love for me. I have in no measure arrived, but I would press on to walk in this unselfish love, that I have come to know is only a product of His love working in me. I know that this nature of love, seems to come and go as the trials of life continue. But when I have it, and it is real, all things make sense. "Being rooted and grounded in love, you may understand" God is love, if I hope to know Him and understand His plans and purpose for all man, I must yield to love. Help me Lord, in this I pray. Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back