The Divine Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you read the New Testament? Or did you stop at this scripture? It is all explained that the purpose of the law was to bring all men to Christ.

ok .. I shake the dust here .. this convo is done ..
I do NOT like your accusing tone ..

true enough .. but nonetheless what was already written is the means ..
Jesus sacrifice holds no aid to those who do not ..
because you are simply a hearer of the word and not a doer of the word ..
lets keep this light, as I do not really feel your understanding differs much ..
Jesus "sinless" sacrifice saves those who believe, and all should act according to His purpose and will. In the obedience of faith and the divine nature there is life and life abundant, but to those who reject Gods grace and go about to establish there own righteousness by the law of Moses, know not Gods Love and they have failed to conform to Gods will, and are not "doers" of the word.

Ro 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

I said I'm done ..
go back to the last page and look at all the red "X's" on your posts, and find in those how many times you were condescending towards me to sate your ego ..

I said I'm done ..
go back to the last page and look at all the red "X's" on your posts, and find how many times you were condescending towards me to sate your ego ..
I have not exalted myself, but Gods righteousness. If you feel I have spoken down to you, I hope you one day will understand that I was only speaking the truth in love. I also have been humbled by the truth and it can often be painful to our fleshly desires to be right when we are clearly wrong.

I have not exalted myself, but Gods righteousness. If you feel I have spoken down to you, I hope you one day will understand that I was only speaking the truth in love. I also have been humbled by the truth and it can often be painful to our fleshly desires to be right when we are clearly wrong.

sure .. God told you to condescend ..
and you still are sating your ego ..
can't stop huh ???

interesting enough .. the difference between you and me is you speak from your own reasoning ..

sure .. God told you to condescend ..
and you still are sating your ego ..
can't stop huh ???

interesting enough .. the difference between you and me is you speak from your own reasoning ..
I have spoken and will continue to speak from Gods word. I do not intend to offend, but of course there will be some who will be offended, it cannot be any other way. Of course personal attacks will take the place of biblical truth, when the scriptures make so clear the error of legalism. I am not moved by these things and if I declare the truth, then according to the scripture, I must be attacked by those who reject the liberty of the gospel.

Ga 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Ro 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.

I really thought someone would be offended that I did not read this passage as tradition has taught. Like I stated before, I do not see how one could hold that "Gentiles" somehow have "Gods law written in their heart"? In context of Rom 2 and the truth of scripture, these passages could only be speaking of born-again Gentile believers. Now when I understood this scripture, as God intended it, it gave me insight to how God was working in me. That if I would be honest about what God had written upon my heart, I would not need any man to teach me, I would not need a list or set of rules to be enforced upon me. Liberty from these things is the goal of the New Testament. Instead what has happened through the works of satan and his ministers, the legalistic mindset of the law has been brought in the New Testament. It is just a new set of rules to add to the old set of rules, to some. Now none of those who promote these legalistic standards, keep the biblical standard, but have become that which God hates most, hypocrites and white painted tombs. From the beginning, the Holy Spirit sought that we would have liberty, for when liberty is understood, righteousness flows from those who have received righteousness.

Ac 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

The first churches where founded in liberty, not legalism. The divine nature, only works in liberty.

Thought I would bring forward my post from earlier in the day and attempt to return back to the topic of the thread. I know that as I bring forward the truth of our liberty in Christ and of the Divine Nature, more and more attacks will come. I will attempt to respond with sound biblical truth and in the hope of finding fellowship in the truth. I am a direct person, I do not intend to offend, but directness and confidence in the truth are very much a part of the true gospel.

2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
12 ¶ Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

3954. parrhsia parrhesia, par-rhay-see'-ah

from 3956 and a derivative of 4483; all out-spokenness, i.e. frankness, bluntness, publicity; by implication, assurance:--bold (X -ly, -ness, -ness of speech), confidence, X freely, X openly, X plainly(-ness)

I made no personal attacks, nor need I make them. I will not play this game, if you have a point in scripture? I will be glad to address that.

If you understood the "law of Christ"
you have just entered into a very sad position, in your attempt to debate an issue you do not yet fully understand
One cannot just take scripture out of context
Have you read the New Testament?

I have not exalted myself
If you feel I have spoken down to you, I hope you one day will understand that I was only speaking the truth
it can often be painful to our fleshly desires to be right when we are clearly wrong.

Of course personal attacks will take the place of biblical truth
according to the scripture, I must be attacked by those who reject the liberty of the gospel.

I attended 2 universities and 2 Seminaries ..
in my psychology courses I learned how to read in the above manner ..
your last authoring is called "blame transfer" ..
an ego will protect itself in this way ..
then you obfuscate the truth with this ..

I made no personal attacks, nor need I make them.

basically, everything you said was directly speaking of self ..
but it seems you have not yet learned you can speak directly to yourself ..

If you understood the "law of Christ"
you have just entered into a very sad position, in your attempt to debate an issue you do not yet fully understand
One cannot just take scripture out of context
Have you read the New Testament?

I have not exalted myself
If you feel I have spoken down to you, I hope you one day will understand that I was only speaking the truth
it can often be painful to our fleshly desires to be right when we are clearly wrong.

Of course personal attacks will take the place of biblical truth
according to the scripture, I must be attacked by those who reject the liberty of the gospel.

I attended 2 universities and 2 Seminaries ..
in my psychology courses I learned how to read in the above manner ..
your last authoring is called "blame transfer" ..
an ego will protect itself in this way ..
then you obfuscate the truth with this ..

I made no personal attacks, nor need I make them.

basically, everything you said was directly speaking of self ..
but it seems you have not yet learned you can speak directly to yourself ..
So, what is your point? I see no fault? seminaries? psychology? lol

Last edited:
The flesh of man strives to have and obtain, "works" according to the curse laid upon Adam. By the strife and sweat of mans brow, he seeks to make a future and a name for himself. In the Divine Nature, a man is happy to be that which Gods grace has made him. As Paul said "by the grace of God, I am what I am". He lived in the divine nature, when he had little or much he rejoiced. When he was exalted in the eyes of man or when he was despised, it mattered not to him. He labored above all others yet he knew it was not him, but Gods grace that was upon him. He was empowered in every respect by the Spirit of God. Even to the point that the sweat that once represented the curse of Adam, now from his head and body had great power to heal and cast out evil spirits. The Lord Himself sweat drops of blood in a "garden" to redeem us from the curse laid upon Adam.
My friends those who are teaching that we must strive to obtain, that one, through self-effort can obtain the kingdom of God, are just teaching error. The Kingdom of God is received and works only according to grace.

Ro 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Last edited:
So, what is your point? I see no fault? seminaries? psychology? lol

one must admit fault and then repent of it to shed their error and guilt ..
but most likely "you see" so "it will remain" ..
nonetheless, at least I forgive you ..
however, that has no cleansing effect for you ..
it only helps my heart .. sorry, only God can help you there ..

by all means .. carry on with your lecture ..

Last edited:
one must admit fault and then repent of it to shed their error and guilt ..
but most likely "you see" so "it will remain" ..
nonetheless, at least I forgive you ..
however, that has no cleansing effect for you ..
it only helps my heart .. sorry, only God can help you there ..
Thank you for your forgiveness. I also forgive you and hope that we can have a better understanding in the future?

I know that some may struggle to accept some of the things that I will be posting on this thread. I will in absolute terms conflict with what some have been taught as it relates to the scriptures and there true meaning. I hope that all will give me place to explain and reason within the scriptures as to the truth of what I am trying to declare as "truth". First I think we should consider that the "divine" nature is the very nature of God. We have this by the Spirit of God, if any man have not the Spirit of God this thread may not make much sense to you? God would have us live apart from fear, guilt, and shame. He would have us to walk free from all religious bondage and in confidence that we are indeed His beloved children. Perfect liberty is what He desires for us, with no holds to this world, except those which love would tie us to. The doctrines and traditions of guilt and shame are not the doctrines that are given in the New Covenant... this I hope to prove in a clear and biblical way. Blessings- Mitspa

Hello Mitspa, your passages seem to have stirred up a little conversation again about the differences between the Old and New Testaments and it's something in which Paul had to go over time and time again in his Epistles. Paul showed us the effects of having both a Spiritual nature and Fleshly nature within us seeking to guide our lives, The Holy Spirit (complete perfection) and the flesh (which dwells no good thing). Two opposite natures in which Paul described as be contrary to each other. In his letter to the Romans (chapters 5 through 8) he quite expertly (by the inspiration of the true writer Jesus Christ) pointed out the error of following the Old Testament Laws and the effects that it would have upon the NT Christian. Paul said clearly, "for that which I do I allow not, for what I would, that I do not....it is no longer I that sin but sin which dwells within me...". "For sin taking occasion by the commandment deceived me and slew me...". What Paul was basically saying was that every time he brought himself under the law, the law did exactly what it was designed to do, show up sin and death and then the sin (which is in our flesh) deceived him and took him down. This shows the impossibility of keeping the law or overcoming sin without the NT Grace. I think when we look at Paul as an example - there's probably been few men who have suffered like Paul or had such an important calling on his life and yet he showed us his titanic battle at times with his flesh.

The alarming thing I find is that a basic and one of the primary result of the cross (Christ fulfilling the law on our behalf) is missed keeping Christians in confusion. Jesus said "Think not that I have come to destroy the law but to FULFILL". Jesus, our Lord, from his birth to his death kept every single law of God every moment of every day in thought, word and deed to fulfill the old law on our behalf and usher in his NT (in his blood) - Grace! When we feel we need to keep old commands other than his NT command (to love one another and so fulfill the law) it almost like we are saying that Christ's life and his death was somehow incomplete, that God's plan wasn't enough? It was, it was perfect - Jesus said it is finished (perfectly perfect - completely complete) - All that ever needed to be done to pay for sin and fulfill the law was accomplished by his life, death and resurrection.

You, seem to have a good handle on what I've written above and if there's readers missing out on this revelation than friend please, seek God. His Grace is the most wonderful experience and state of mind imaginable, by knowing what Christ did, what it took to set me free and give me this wonderful gift of Grace, it's the very thing that makes you not want to sin and follow Jesus Christ. It's the basis of who we are, it's by his grace that makes me want to love my wife as I love myself, to provoke not my children to anger, to submit to my bosses at work, to respect my Pastor and, to repent of works of the flesh why, because it's the kindness of God which brings us to repentance not laws and rules -

"....for I was alive without the law once, but when the commandment came (the law) SIN REVIVED and I died - and the commandment (the perfect law of God) which was ordained unto life, I found to be unto DEATH. For sin taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me and by it slew me" - Paul was never saying the law was bad, it's perfect but we are sinful of nature "...for we know that the law is spiritual and I am carnal, SOLD UNDER SIN...". We cannot overcome sin in our lives without holding on to Grace, knowing that our sins cannot be inputted against us (where there is no law).
1st Corinthians 15 “…..the sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law…”

2 Corinthians 3 “…who made us ministers of the New Testament, not of the letter (law), but of the spirit, for the letter kills but the spirit gives life…”

Colossians 2 “…Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us,which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross…”
Friends it's the very basis of Christianity, we need to take hold of what Jesus did for us so we can live and agree with Christ's teachings in that, we'll find that true nature of God's Love and be so grateful for what he did on the cross.

I must apologise, getting a little carried away! Jesus fulfilled the law on our behalf, sin cannot be inputted where there is no law, we are free to live unto Jesus through his new and living way - HIS GRACE AND HIS LOVE - Bless you Jesus for what you did....

Hello Mitspa, your passages seem to have stirred up a little conversation again about the differences between the Old and New Testaments and it's something in which Paul had to go over time and time again in his Epistles. Paul showed us the effects of having both a Spiritual nature and Fleshly nature within us seeking to guide our lives, The Holy Spirit (complete perfection) and the flesh (which dwells no good thing). Two opposite natures in which Paul described as be contrary to each other. In his letter to the Romans (chapters 5 through 8) he quite expertly (by the inspiration of the true writer Jesus Christ) pointed out the error of following the Old Testament Laws and the effects that it would have upon the NT Christian. Paul said clearly, "for that which I do I allow not, for what I would, that I do not....it is no longer I that sin but sin which dwells within me...". "For sin taking occasion by the commandment deceived me and slew me...". What Paul was basically saying was that every time he brought himself under the law, the law did exactly what it was designed to do, show up sin and death and then the sin (which is in our flesh) deceived him and took him down. This shows the impossibility of keeping the law or overcoming sin without the NT Grace. I think when we look at Paul as an example - there's probably been few men who have suffered like Paul or had such an important calling on his life and yet he showed us his titanic battle at times with his flesh.

The alarming thing I find is that a basic and one of the primary result of the cross (Christ fulfilling the law on our behalf) is missed keeping Christians in confusion. Jesus said "Think not that I have come to destroy the law but to FULFILL". Jesus, our Lord, from his birth to his death kept every single law of God every moment of every day in thought, word and deed to fulfill the old law on our behalf and usher in his NT (in his blood) - Grace! When we feel we need to keep old commands other than his NT command (to love one another and so fulfill the law) it almost like we are saying that Christ's life and his death was somehow incomplete, that God's plan wasn't enough? It was, it was perfect - Jesus said it is finished (perfectly perfect - completely complete) - All that ever needed to be done to pay for sin and fulfill the law was accomplished by his life, death and resurrection.

You, seem to have a good handle on what I've written above and if there's readers missing out on this revelation than friend please, seek God. His Grace is the most wonderful experience and state of mind imaginable, by knowing what Christ did, what it took to set me free and give me this wonderful gift of Grace, it's the very thing that makes you not want to sin and follow Jesus Christ. It's the basis of who we are, it's by his grace that makes me want to love my wife as I love myself, to provoke not my children to anger, to submit to my bosses at work, to respect my Pastor and, to repent of works of the flesh why, because it's the kindness of God which brings us to repentance not laws and rules -

"....for I was alive without the law once, but when the commandment came (the law) SIN REVIVED and I died - and the commandment (the perfect law of God) which was ordained unto life, I found to be unto DEATH. For sin taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me and by it slew me" - Paul was never saying the law was bad, it's perfect but we are sinful of nature "...for we know that the law is spiritual and I am carnal, SOLD UNDER SIN...". We cannot overcome sin in our lives without holding on to Grace, knowing that our sins cannot be inputted against us (where there is no law).
1st Corinthians 15 “…..the sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law…”

2 Corinthians 3 “…who made us ministers of the New Testament, not of the letter (law), but of the spirit, for the letter kills but the spirit gives life…”

Colossians 2 “…Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us,which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross…”
Friends it's the very basis of Christianity, we need to take hold of what Jesus did for us so we can live and agree with Christ's teachings in that, we'll find that true nature of God's Love and be so grateful for what he did on the cross.

I must apologise, getting a little carried away! Jesus fulfilled the law on our behalf, sin cannot be inputted where there is no law, we are free to live unto Jesus through his new and living way - HIS GRACE AND HIS LOVE - Bless you Jesus for what you did....
Brother, I work a 2nd shift and am about to walk out the door, I really do thank you for your honest response to this thread. I will read and consider your post in detail and truth when I get off work in the A.M. Blessings -Mitspa

Brother, I work a 2nd shift and am about to walk out the door, I really do thank you for your honest response to this thread. I will read and consider your post in detail and truth when I get off work in the A.M. Blessings -Mitspa

Hello again, oh apologies just got a little passionate, I've enjoyed your thread, think we are like-minded. Just finished a full day's work, spent time with my two babies under two and needing to go off to bed! 8.30PM here in Scotland. God bless you and enjoy the second shift!....

Hello again, oh apologies just got a little passionate, I've enjoyed your thread, think we are like-minded. Just finished a full day's work, spent time with my two babies under two and needing to go off to bed! 8.30PM here in Scotland. God bless you and enjoy the second shift!....
Im am here in the States, Tennessee and its about 2:30 pm I want to give your post a good response and not a hurried reply.... blessings and grace to you my brother.
P. S. I also have a "devil worshipper" on another thread, with the 15 mins I have, trying to draw some truth out of them, or put some in them.

Last edited:

Scotland! I could not detect your accent when you write!

I must say brother the confidence you have that love (from God) and love (given from that which is received) alone, can fulfill that which the law demanded, put those Holy Spirit goose bumps all over me (as I read your understanding of the truth) To me this is the most important mystery that is revealed to the believer, That we receive Gods love and love others with the love we have received. It is so simple and yet so profound! It answers all the appearances of conflict in the New Testament. I hope we can speak more on the issue, and learn from one another. We do not have to defend love as the fulfillment of the law, it is written in such a plain and absolute way, that it cannot be denied. But it helps others to understand when we explain that love, never covets, steals, lies, never seeks to take but looks to give. Never seeks to take another mans wife, but prays earnestly for their marriage. Love has no fear and brings the true rest (Sabbath). Is it not written, that if we say we love God (first commandment) we prove it when we love others with His Love. Now none who look to the written code, can keep it! But those who look to Christ and receive His love "will by NATURE" fulfill that which the law demanded. In fact God is love, His law was always about love. Which man did not have (and the law proves)until Christ showed us and gave us the Fathers Love. The love of God shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit..... I could go on and on, my heart is full that you know these things and I rejoice that the truth is growing day by day. By His grace may we walk in the truth of what we know... blessings -Mitspa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back