The Day Of The Lord, Will We Be Raptured?

“But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon the, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.” 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4

The Day of the Lord, we should, as Christians all know it as the time of coming wrath upon unbelievers. This judgment is not for the believer, but will we here on Earth or raptured out of here?

In 1 Thess. 5:2-11 Paul develops the topic of the day of the Lord. The day of the Lord is in the Old Testament and was characterized by two phases, God’s judgment against sinful people and Gods eternal reign over His people. God’s judgment will be a time of darkness and an expression of God’s wrath, but His reign will be a time of God’s blessing.

The Day of the Lord is a subject of considerable prophecy in the Old Testament. The Book of Joel is an exposition of the day of the Lord, describing it as a terrible time of judgment. The day of the Lord will come as a “thief in the night” it will come when no one expects it, unbelievers that is. They will be so absorbed in the cares of this world and will be lulled into a false since of safety and security. The world will have turned a deaf ear to the repeated warning of coming judgment.

However, as believers it will not overtake us because we will be looking forward to and expecting it. Because Christians are informed concerning future events they should not be spiritually asleep but sober and watchful. In contrast to the unbelievers, believers should be aware of the signs around them, living a disciplined life, not only free from drunkenness but alert to spiritual realities.

Paul states that God did not appoint us as believers to wrath. The day of wrath of the Lord is specifically for the unbelieving world that has spurned and mocked Christ. Now here’s the problem. Some Christians think that believers will be raptured before the day of the Lord comes and others do not? Pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib all believe they have the scripture to back up their beliefs.

I believe this way. As Christians we are all on this earth for some reason. If we weren’t we would have died right after we became saved. I believe in the pan-trib. We need to be sober and vigilant to do the work the Lord has given us and this rapture thing will all pan out.

What do you think?

“But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon the, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.” 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4

The Day of the Lord, we should, as Christians all know it as the time of coming wrath upon unbelievers. This judgment is not for the believer, but will we here on Earth or raptured out of here?

In 1 Thess. 5:2-11 Paul develops the topic of the day of the Lord. The day of the Lord is in the Old Testament and was characterized by two phases, God’s judgment against sinful people and Gods eternal reign over His people. God’s judgment will be a time of darkness and an expression of God’s wrath, but His reign will be a time of God’s blessing.

The Day of the Lord is a subject of considerable prophecy in the Old Testament. The Book of Joel is an exposition of the day of the Lord, describing it as a terrible time of judgment. The day of the Lord will come as a “thief in the night” it will come when no one expects it, unbelievers that is. They will be so absorbed in the cares of this world and will be lulled into a false since of safety and security. The world will have turned a deaf ear to the repeated warning of coming judgment.

However, as believers it will not overtake us because we will be looking forward to and expecting it. Because Christians are informed concerning future events they should not be spiritually asleep but sober and watchful. In contrast to the unbelievers, believers should be aware of the signs around them, living a disciplined life, not only free from drunkenness but alert to spiritual realities.

Paul states that God did not appoint us as believers to wrath. The day of wrath of the Lord is specifically for the unbelieving world that has spurned and mocked Christ. Now here’s the problem. Some Christians think that believers will be raptured before the day of the Lord comes and others do not? Pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib all believe they have the scripture to back up their beliefs.

I believe this way. As Christians we are all on this earth for some reason. If we weren’t we would have died right after we became saved. I believe in the pan-trib. We need to be sober and vigilant to do the work the Lord has given us and this rapture thing will all pan out.

What do you think?
LOL! I love it, Pan-Trib. I lean, hard, towards Pretrib but always refuse to debate it asan issue because it is not. I have been guilty of a sly grin coupled with "I'll wave to you as we lift off to go home." If my leaning is incorrect and our LORD does not take me Home before I pass over, I will endure, no matter. I think people forget to use the Bible as the filter for their Heaven View.

This is a great conversation starter. God bless.

LOL! I love it, Pan-Trib. I lean, hard, towards Pretrib but always refuse to debate it asan issue because it is not. I have been guilty of a sly grin coupled with "I'll wave to you as we lift off to go home." If my leaning is incorrect and our LORD does not take me Home before I pass over, I will endure, no matter. I think people forget to use the Bible as the filter for their Heaven View.

This is a great conversation starter. God bless.
It could be. I am not going to debate with people. I just know that wherever I am the Lord will protect me.

It could be. I am not going to debate with people. I just know that wherever I am the Lord will protect me.
Sandy,
You speak like you walk the talk. I, also try to. The division among us, I believe delights Satan and is not at all good nor is it required. The basics in scripture are clear and the rest is interpretation. One of the best examples is Homosexuality. One camp wants to exterminate them all and the other camp wants them to go to Heaven or, they claim, God is not love. The problem extends all the way into our children and the issue is lack of study.

Folks, just, do not know what the issue is between love and lust and have convoluted love with human lust. I wish someone would take the opposite opinion for your discussion but!

Sandy,
You speak like you walk the talk. I, also try to. The division among us, I believe delights Satan and is not at all good nor is it required. The basics in scripture are clear and the rest is interpretation. One of the best examples is Homosexuality. One camp wants to exterminate them all and the other camp wants them to go to Heaven or, they claim, God is not love. The problem extends all the way into our children and the issue is lack of study.

Folks, just, do not know what the issue is between love and lust and have convoluted love with human lust. I wish someone would take the opposite opinion for your discussion but!
Homosexuality is a hot button issue in the church right now. Jesus died for all sin including homosexuality. So why make it different from any other sin. It is unfortunate that the church did not respond correctly when this issue first started. We have reacted with everything from acceptance to hatred instead of just preaching the good news of Jesus Christ to them.

Homosexuality is a hot button issue in the church right now. Jesus died for all sin including homosexuality. So why make it different from any other sin. It is unfortunate that the church did not respond correctly when this issue first started. We have reacted with everything from acceptance to hatred instead of just preaching the good news of Jesus Christ to them.
Well, you see, it depends on how the Good News is defined and the, present day, movements have twisted the love of God inside out with their never reading the New Testament in the light of the rest of the scriptures. With all of this twisting of the scriptures, most young preachers and teachers have never even considered the Bible as being the books Jesus taught from and the New Testament as being the only God ordained, God spoken, Life Application Commentary on that or the Bible. If there were no other clue available, I would like to believe that if they ever read, lightly, through the Bible that they would notice that in spite of the Jewish convolution of the Law into 613 laws instead of 603 example of life application of the Ten Commandments, the Law. And then, perhaps they would, one day, cruise past Romans 1:18-25 and see the relationship, it is the application spoken of in Lev. and Deu.

You see, God created Adam in the Image of God but God is not flesh and blood. And today we have, in spite of God Homosexual Churches... not right at all. That the Homosexual should be found in church, absolutely. That the Homosexual should be told that God love him or her, absolutely. That the Homosexual should be led to believe he or she will not go to Hell for the sin of homosexuality, dead wrong. One unrepented lie is enough to send anyone to Hell and so is homosexuality.

Well, you see, it depends on how the Good News is defined and the, present day, movements have twisted the love of God inside out with their never reading the New Testament in the light of the rest of the scriptures. With all of this twisting of the scriptures, most young preachers and teachers have never even considered the Bible as being the books Jesus taught from and the New Testament as being the only God ordained, God spoken, Life Application Commentary on that or the Bible. If there were no other clue available, I would like to believe that if they ever read, lightly, through the Bible that they would notice that in spite of the Jewish convolution of the Law into 613 laws instead of 603 example of life application of the Ten Commandments, the Law. And then, perhaps they would, one day, cruise past Romans 1:18-25 and see the relationship, it is the application spoken of in Lev. and Deu.

You see, God created Adam in the Image of God but God is not flesh and blood. And today we have, in spite of God Homosexual Churches... not right at all. That the Homosexual should be found in church, absolutely. That the Homosexual should be told that God love him or her, absolutely. That the Homosexual should be led to believe he or she will not go to Hell for the sin of homosexuality, dead wrong. One unrepented lie is enough to send anyone to Hell and so is homosexuality.

Maybe I am being to simple here, but I recall Billy Graham Crusades. He just preached Jesus and him crucified. He had a very simple gospel message, but since he got to old to do his crusades the world has gone down quickly. There are other things going on in the world but our world is badly in need of another evangelist like billy Graham. When Paul wrote to the Corinthian church, one of the most screwed up churches in the Old Testament, he said, "I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." 1 Cor. 2:2 Sometime we make things to complicated when the simple gospel message is what we need. Some will accept it some won't but that is for God to determine, not us.

Maybe I am being to simple here, but I recall Billy Graham Crusades. He just preached Jesus and him crucified. He had a very simple gospel message, but since he got to old to do his crusades the world has gone down quickly. There are other things going on in the world but our world is badly in need of another evangelist like billy Graham. When Paul wrote to the Corinthian church, one of the most screwed up churches in the Old Testament, he said, "I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." 1 Cor. 2:2 Sometime we make things to complicated when the simple gospel message is what we need. Some will accept it some won't but that is for God to determine, not us.
Yes, true, all of it but! God has call many, to many ministries. For instance, my chief ministry is Internet Ministry. This is very distasteful for any good Christian and yes, I'm not fond of it either. God did not expect me to enjoy this, He just expects me to prayerfully serve. And I also, admire Billy but our nation has chosen to replace him as the nation's Pastor with the heretic author of the Purpose Driven Church because Rick Warren tickles their ears and preaches the Universal, many paths, Gospel.

Yes, true, all of it but! God has call many, to many ministries. For instance, my chief ministry is Internet Ministry. This is very distasteful for any good Christian and yes, I'm not fond of it either. God did not expect me to enjoy this, He just expects me to prayerfully serve. And I also, admire Billy but our nation has chosen to replace him as the nation's Pastor with the heretic author of the Purpose Driven Church because Rick Warren tickles their ears and preaches the Universal, many paths, Gospel.
Oh boy I could go off for hours on Rick Warren, Joel Osteen, and others. I am praying for your Internet ministry. Whatever ministry the Lord calls us to is good as long as we are in His will.

Back