The Day Of The Lord Is At Hand. Do You See The Signs?

This scripture is Jesus answering someone who asked him a question. If we start at Luke 13:22 it says, "22Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

No where does Jesus say that some are saved yet left behind and have a chance to enter later. This is talking about those who aren't saved. "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Luke 13:28). Sounds like the same weeping and gnashing of teeth in Matthew 13, "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:41-42). This does not sound like a second chance or like believers.

Granted, Luke 13:22-23 does set the precedent for His answer, but save from what? Was Jesus talking about being saved from the wrath to come or how we are saved by faith in Jesus Christ?

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

You have to ask Him if that furnace of fire is what Hre is referring here, but I believe He is. The weeping & gnashing of teeth is akin to Esau losing his birthright for a meal. The saints coming out of the great tribulation had to have their tears wiped away from God to get passed that great loss of their first inheritance.

Remember that Paul cited in 1 Corinthians 3:10-23 that every believer will be judged by what they build on that foundation: and any that defile the temple of God, him God will destroy, and yet he shall be saved so as thru fire.

Looking at 2 Timothy 2:19-21, you need to discern what defers a vessel unto honour in His House from a vessel unto dishonour in His House, it is when God judges His House first at the pre tribulational rapture event, leaving those that did not look to the author & finisher ofour faith to depart from iniquity behind to be "destroyed" from being that vessel unto honour in His House into becoming that vessel unto dishonour in His House which is a damnation in all respect in losing their first inheritance as the prodigal son had done in giving it up for wild living, but he was still found to be son.

This is the power of God in salvation for all those that believe even in His name as these vessels unto dishonour will testify of in His House.

So when you consider that Jesus can speak about being saved from the wrath that is coming on the earth to being saved for eternal life, I believe the question was towards the former & not the latter in relations to Luke 13:22-30.

Back