The Cure Is Contentment

A nice article brother- many seek His gifts and powers to :
Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

The gifts are not greater than the giver- we must truly seek Him and His will- having the power without intimate relationship with Him would only result in more works of the flesh- obeying without the empowering of His anointing will result in dead religion (more rotting flesh)- I would liek to suggest that these are two different ends of the same thread and in the middle you will find Him- the source and strenght behind every knowing and doing of His will and way:
Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
As far as the gifts I have been in many places were people stirved to be ready to move in the gifts of the Spirit- I beleive they missed the entire fact that they were gifts and gifts are not to be earned but accepted with a greatful heart - we move in them by faith in the giver-

As far as power:
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

As the disciples were (obediantly waiting) they were touched and filled with the power of God's Holy Spirit and the were transformed as they were immersed in His Presence- before the outpouring they hid cowering behind locked doors- but now- they had witnessed the ressurection power of Christ and been filled to overflowing with His wonderful Spirit- they were no longer afraid of death or anything else this world could throw at them- once we really began to see our Lord truly everything else will pale before His beauty and being with and serving Him will consume our hearts and lives.

Back