the Church

Greetings.

I think there's ample room to discuss Christ and His Church, given that this is a very expansive topic. There's really no reason to narrow it down to just one or two concepts. The Church is a living, breathing, collective entity that is not represented by buildings, stained glass, organs, carpeting, pews, parking lots and toilet cleaning. She's beautiful and glorious because she reflects the Glory Light of Christ and is the salt upon the tongues of the seekers. She is also the being through whom the power of God against the enemy and the evil strongholds is channeled, against which the gates of Hell cannot withstand.

The idea that the purpose for the "gathering" is the place for evangelism, that's patently false...a creation of men, along with worship. Why so many professing believers continue to ignore what Jesus said to the Samaritan woman about TRUE worship that is acceptable before the Father, I can only guess. There is no switch in any of those places I have ever seen whereby it is labeled as "WORSHIP", and that actually works. Praise and worship are not synonymous. The ONLY worship that is acceptable before the Father is living the life of "spirit and truth" on a daily basis, not just something done when flipping the switch "WORSHIP" on with just the right mood music and wording in responsive readings. In other words, it has nothing to do with a special place under the guise of some special program.

1 Corinthians 14:26 How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

The programmatic approach has stolen this heritage birthright from professing believers in their main gatherings. Some may disagree with this, and that's ok. I fully encourage others to go, attend and support whatever they want in spite of the scriptures. Go for it. As for me and my house, we are going to edify one another rather than relegate that to professionals. We ALL are pastors to those who need discipleship. We ALL are elders who are mature in the faith, and a functioning elder is an effective elder rather than one in title only.

Amen and glory to the Lord for the promises and freedom He has given to us.

MM

Back