The Church In Sardis.....

Mark 4:23-25 KJV
(23) If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
(24) And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
(25) For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

The Son of man shall send forth His “angels”….His “messengers”. The messengers are the true sayings of God….the words of all the biblical saints spoken with the Spirit of God. Men shall hear the true and faithful words ….the “angels”….sent forth by the Lord. How men will respond to the words of life and spirit will determine their judgment for we shall be judged by our own words . As He hears, He judges and His judgment is just.

The true sayings of God shall gather out of His kingdom all things that cause people to stumble into the grave….all of the falsehoods spoken by men who hide their covetousness within their hearts by using their tongues for deceit as they handle the Word of God deceitfully.

People will hear the Word of Truth….the true sayings of God…the “angels”…and will either believe in Him who speaks and confess Him as Lord over their own thoughts and ways or will do iniquity towards the hearing of the Truth. Some men will hear but respond evilly in unbelief of the Truth as they seek to keep and defend their own religious thoughts and ways. Unbelievers will show that they do not know God for they will love to do unrighteousness as they will respond with a lack of love towards the speakers of the Word of Truth.

Matthew 13:41-42 KJV
(41) The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
(42) And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth

The Son of man comes in the “clouds”…the cloud of witnesses….with great power and glory. He shall send His “angels”….speaking the true sayings of God…which shall gather the elect (those who will hear and believe in His words) from every wind of doctrine (4 winds = every doctrine currently deceiving men in all parts of the earth) that is currently being taught by men who lie in wait to deceive by wresting the Scriptures. This will be a not be the parable version as most visualize but will be a spiritual…one of the breath that speaks His words of life and spirit. The Word of God comes in great power and glory as the messengers…the true sayings….come forth and enter into the hearts of many who will believe.

Mark 13:26-27 KJV
(26) And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
(27) And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Men who will be sent by our Lord will come and speak His living words (the completion of the words of the biblical saints) so that we shall be no more children in understanding being carried about with every wind of doctrine (the 4 winds) spoken by men who deceitfully handle the Word of God after their covetousness. We shall speak the Truth in love.

Ephesians 4:11-15 KJV
(11) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
(12) For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
(13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
(14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
(15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

The Son of man shall come in the glory of His Father with His “angels”…the true sayings of God….and we are to take heed on how we hear His words. He shall open up our understanding to the Scriptures and He shall reward every man according to what his works will be towards the hearing of His voice.

Matthew 16:27 KJV
(27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

All that are in the “graves”….the graves of religious-sounding men whose throats are like open tombs speaking deceit…..shall hear His voice. Some will come forth in their response and do good while some shall be judged for their evil.

John 5:28-30 KJV
(28) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
(29) And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

As He hears, He judges.

(30) I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Men who handle the Word of God deceitfully as a cover for their covetousness are like graves that are hidden that men walk over and are not aware of them. We are defiled and are perishing away to the grave when we are sitting in the company of those who call themselves “brothers” but are covetous. We are attached to a “dead body” and are being led astray to the destruction of our mortal bodies.

Luke 11:44 KJV
(44) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them.

MANY have been and are being destroyed because of the false prophets among us. We must come out from among them and touch not the unclean thing and be separate.

Matthew 7:12-15 KJV
(12) Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
(13) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
(14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves

We must overcome when we hear His voice today. The Lord is patient with us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to change our minds about what we will hear…..the Word of Truth.

2 Peter 3:8-9 KJV
(8) But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
(9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentanc
e.

We are DEAD in trespasses and sins while we are sitting in the company of religious-sounding men who hide their abominations within their hearts. We are being led astray to our own destruction and do not have “eternal life”….for the mortal body is perishing away to the grave. We are NOT ALIVE but “dead” if we are living in divisions, envy and strife. If we hate our brothers, we are living in death and not having "eternal life".

Some will work evil towards what they will hear….as He will find that their works are not perfect before God. Some will trample down what they will hear and will not be “watchful”….that is, AWAKE to having love for our brothers who may be telling us the Truth.

Revelation 3:1-6 KJV
(1) And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
(2) Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Remember how we have received and heard and hold fast. We are to REMEMBER and DO His commandment at all times: have love for one another.

An evil work towards the hearing of the Truth is not being “awake” but being “asleep”. If we will not wake up to His righteousness, then He shall come at an hour that we know not for our judgment. We are to OVERCOME our evil works. Do not let wrath rule over us and speak out in evil. The wrath of man WORKS not the righteousness of God. Our works will not be found PERFECT before God if we speak out in our wrath and envy. Be holy as He is holy.

(3) Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

A few names will not defile their garments as they will walk with Him in white. Some who will be full of wrath will hear and obey and respond in love. They will not trample down what they will hear and defile their garments. They will show love toward the Lord and His words and His representatives who were sent to them to speak His words to their ears.

(4) Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Those in “Sardis” meaning “red ones” are to overcome their WRATH…for the wrath of man does not do WORK the righteousness of God towards the hearing of His "angels"...the trues sayings of God. Let us be found in the book of life and DO His commandment and overcome our wrath to show love toward Him and recognize His name...His authority..

(5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
(6) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

DO not ERR, my beloved brothers. Let EVERY man be swift to hear, slow to speak and slow to WRATH. The wrath (those who are “red” in wrath who will seek to trample down what they hear and defile their garments) of man does not WORK the righteousness of God.

James 1:16-26 KJV
(16) Do not err, my beloved brethren.
(17) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
(18) Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
(19) Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

(20) For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

We are to OVERCOME and receive with meekness the engrafted Word. We are to be DOERS Of the Word…the Saying: HAVE LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER.

(21) Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
(22) But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
(23) For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
(24) For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

Let us not be found “ASLEEP”…being a forgetful hearer…for He has given us His commandment to have love for each other. We are to be a DOER OF THE WORK…HIS WORK: have love for one another.

(25) But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
(26) If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Let us not defile our garments by trampling the Son of God and behaving rashly in our wrath but let us REMEMBER to do His Word: have love for another.

Hebrews 10:29-31 KJV
(29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
(30) For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
(31) It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Back