The Christian And Judging

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses This shows a wide variance from members to those attending, according to JW reports, their annual bash - they claim 19 million attendees. But the average membership is 8 million (worldwide). I read somewhere else, dunno where, an academic study showed their numbers were actually dropping - not as they (JW's) claimed - rising. But again, I am not here to defend them. Whenever one shows at my door, I talk with them and trade info. Now that I know, that this constitutes me "studying" with them figures, I will relish the talk sooo much more. I have alot of problems with their theology, this is "discernment". AS a group, they are not for me, that's as far as my judgement goes.

Dear Silk,

as English is not my native language, I don't understand this sentence of yours:
"Now that I know, that this constitutes me "studying" with them figures, I will relish the talk sooo much more." - Could you please paraphrase it in simple English? I really want to understand you.

And please be assured, that I don't judge JWs, but I am doing all that is still possible for me to get them to know Christ!

Dear Silk,

as English is not my native language, I don't understand this sentence of yours:
"Now that I know, that this constitutes me "studying" with them figures, I will relish the talk sooo much more." - Could you please paraphrase it in simple English? I really want to understand you.

And please be assured, that I don't judge JWs, but I am doing all that is still possible for me to get them to know Christ!

According to my google - JW's, reporting members, all include figures (numbers) of who they talked to in their conversion drives. If you speak with one they include you and your whole family as "studying" with the JW's. You can see the obvious flaws in taking these figures or any figures the JW's give out as probably erroneous/invalid.

Thank you, Silk. Yes , it is true. Everyone who opens the door and does not expressively tell them not to return is labeled as " return visit". Every return visit that is repeated is declared as " bible study".
Thus, they create tremendous numbers of "bible studies" in order to convince their members that no other religious group than exclusively JWs are spreading the Word of God.
There is so much more to say.
But it is certainly the best you can do, that you welcome them and try to point them to Christ. Unfortunately they are well trained to cut off your arguments and lead them back to the Watchtower teachings. But that is not the fault of the single Witness who sacrifices his time, career, education and family (!) to that witnessing for the Watchtower, it is the leaders in Brooklyn who are to blame.

If you want, please look in the Internet under: "Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses".

Love, little flower

It's good to see one group who has not thrown the baby out with the bathwater. Who care for the mislead, and identify correctly where the problems are and how to correct it. An excellent example of discernment as opposed to judgement.

Thank you, dear Silk.
Your encouragement will be heard.

I will say again, Little Flower, to my knowledge - they accept Christ as their savior - if you are correct and they do not - they are not Christian. Funny tho - they are considered one of the Protestant offshoots. Don't mistake me - their theology is warped as far as I'm concerned - but I will respect any who says Christ is the Savior. I don't hear that their numbers are growing. I am not here to defend what they believe. For the nth time, I am saying that Christendom is fractured whether you include Mormons or JW's! And judging others gets us NOWHERE.

NO-NO-NO Silk!!!!

I have no problem juding the actions of the JW's or the Mormons.

Their own words condemn their of heresy and false teaching and as Jesus said....."We are know by our fruits".

I have posted this before. Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT A CHRISTIAN denomination in any way whatsoever.

They do not believe Jesus is God in the flesh.
They do not believe in the Trinity.
They do not believe He is the Messiah.
They do not believe in the Holy Spirit.

Their theology is NOT warped.......it is a total erroneous set of distorted lies as is the Mormons.

Please do not try to present them as a case for whether we should judge others or not.

If we as Christians do not expose and speak out against those who would come as wolves in sheeps clothing, then we are not defenders of the faith.

We MUST stand for truth and for righteousness and that only comes from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Anyone who denies the divinity of Christ can not be considered as being judged guilty of be a Christian splinter of a denomination........they are LOST sinners and need to be saved!!!!!

NO-NO-NO Silk!!!!

I have no problem juding the actions of the JW's or the Mormons.

Their own words condemn their of heresy and false teaching and as Jesus said....."We are know by our fruits".

I have posted this before. Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT A CHRISTIAN denomination in any way whatsoever.

They do not believe Jesus is God in the flesh.
They do not believe in the Trinity.
They do not believe He is the Messiah.
They do not believe in the Holy Spirit.

Their theology is NOT warped.......it is a total erroneous set of distorted lies as is the Mormons.

Please do not try to present them as a case for whether we should judge others or not.

If we as Christians do not expose and speak out against those who would come as wolves in sheeps clothing, then we are not defenders of the faith.

We MUST stand for truth and for righteousness and that only comes from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Anyone who denies the divinity of Christ can not be considered as being judged guilty of be a Christian splinter of a denomination........they are LOST sinners and need to be saved!!!!!
I wished I could hug you for your comment, dear Major !!!

I wished I could hug you for your comment, dear Major !!!

My wife is very jealouse........I'm just sayin!

It seems to me that we as Christians have over the years allowed teachers and even athiests to affect and change what the literal Word of God says.

We have heard non-believers when told that they are sinners.........come back with the comment,
"You are not supposed to judge others".

Then when CULT members approach us, such as the Mormons and JW's, and say that they are Christian, we believe them because we do not want to be confrontational, rebuking & reproofing them. We have fallen into the trap of......................
"We can not judge them"!!!

So we have softened our message so as to make it more acceptable to those that hear it. THAT IT A MISTAKE!

2 Tim. 4:1-4 is as clear as a wart on the nose.............
"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

I have no desire to confront or argue with the JW's and Mormons, but I do take offence when they claim the name of my Lord Jesus Christ but reject His shed blood for salvation.

Listen, the only reason they claim to be Christian is to get YOU, the Christian to allow them into your home. Then they can begin the process of brainwashing you so that you will accept their "Denominational Position".

The growth of the JW's and Mormons have taken place from the ranks of Orthodox Christians who simply do not know what the Bible teaches. They listen to what SCRACHES their ears and BOOM!

Thank you, Silk. Yes , it is true. Everyone who opens the door and does not expressively tell them not to return is labeled as " return visit". Every return visit that is repeated is declared as " bible study".
Thus, they create tremendous numbers of "bible studies" in order to convince their members that no other religious group than exclusively JWs are spreading the Word of God.
There is so much more to say.
But it is certainly the best you can do, that you welcome them and try to point them to Christ. Unfortunately they are well trained to cut off your arguments and lead them back to the Watchtower teachings. But that is not the fault of the single Witness who sacrifices his time, career, education and family (!) to that witnessing for the Watchtower, it is the leaders in Brooklyn who are to blame.

If you want, please look in the Internet under: "Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses".

Love, little flower

Careful ..... "flower". You are about to give away something that I already suspected and am very glad for you.

Dear Major,

Please tell your wife cordial greetings from me.
I very much like the photo of your avatar. You are such a beautiful family!
If possible, tell your wife today that you love her. I always was happy when my husband told me that he loved me. Tell her as often as possible. You never know if you are able to tell her tomorrow.

One thing that might come as counter-argument when speaking to JWs:
the Watchtower teaching is that Jesus shed His blood as ransom for us. In so far, they would say that of course they believe that we have to accept Christ's ransom sacrifice for us.
And that, dear Major, is one of many reasonings which mislead humble people and make them think that JWs are Christians.
It needs discernment to prove their twisting of God's Word.
To cut it short here: Watchtower reasons that everyone who physically dies has already paid for his sin.
The ransom Jesus paid with His blood is the compensation for the disobedience of the first perfect human, Adam. Now the twisting: Romans 6:23 reads, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - True Christians believe that this means, that only through Jesus's sacrifice and our accepting of it, we are saved ("the free gift"). JWs say that only the 144,000 anointed ones are the brothers and sisters of Christ. Only they (!) are saved directly through His blood. All other people are called "the other sheep" (referring to John10:16), and they will be judged after their resurrection by Christ and the co-reigning anointed (!). Thus, they have to be in good standing with such anointed, who of course are only out of the rows of JWs.
Should Armageddon come before you die, you will be destroyed if you not at least sympathize with their teachings, because they are the only people of Jehovah, in their understanding.

You see, it is quite complicated to untwist their reasoning. They will always find a way to leave you behind thinking whether you really are on God's side or not.
Nevertheless, most JWs want to please God, they just don't know the truth. They think that they are fighting for the truth. It is heartbreaking!
So if they knock on your door, please don't scold them. Please be nice to them. Many (really many) suffer from deep depression. They are highly controlled.
There is a huge 'harvest field' for true Christians who try to point 7 1/2 million JWs, plus unbaptized sympathizers, plus interested ones who increase through their new web-site, to point all of them to Christ. Help them get salvation by opening your doors to them and lead them to the truth!

Sorry for the long post.

Dear Major,

Please tell your wife cordial greetings from me.
I very much like the photo of your avatar. You are such a beautiful family!
If possible, tell your wife today that you love her. I always was happy when my husband told me that he loved me. Tell her as often as possible. You never know if you are able to tell her tomorrow.

One thing that might come as counter-argument when speaking to JWs:
the Watchtower teaching is that Jesus shed His blood as ransom for us. In so far, they would say that of course they believe that we have to accept Christ's ransom sacrifice for us.
And that, dear Major, is one of many reasonings which mislead humble people and make them think that JWs are Christians.
It needs discernment to prove their twisting of God's Word.
To cut it short here: Watchtower reasons that everyone who physically dies has already paid for his sin.
The ransom Jesus paid with His blood is the compensation for the disobedience of the first perfect human, Adam. Now the twisting: Romans 6:23 reads, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - True Christians believe that this means, that only through Jesus's sacrifice and our accepting of it, we are saved ("the free gift"). JWs say that only the 144,000 anointed ones are the brothers and sisters of Christ. Only they (!) are saved directly through His blood. All other people are called "the other sheep" (referring to John10:16), and they will be judged after their resurrection by Christ and the co-reigning anointed (!). Thus, they have to be in good standing with such anointed, who of course are only out of the rows of JWs.
Should Armageddon come before you die, you will be destroyed if you not at least sympathize with their teachings, because they are the only people of Jehovah, in their understanding.

You see, it is quite complicated to untwist their reasoning. They will always find a way to leave you behind thinking whether you really are on God's side or not.
Nevertheless, most JWs want to please God, they just don't know the truth. They think that they are fighting for the truth. It is heartbreaking!
So if they knock on your door, please don't scold them. Please be nice to them. Many (really many) suffer from deep depression. They are highly controlled.
There is a huge 'harvest field' for true Christians who try to point 7 1/2 million JWs, plus unbaptized sympathizers, plus interested ones who increase through their new web-site, to point all of them to Christ. Help them get salvation by opening your doors to them and lead them to the truth!

Sorry for the long post.

You just about did Flower! You might as well go ahead and tell what I already know!

I just wanted to help you understand that false reasoning. :cry:

Little Flower - whenever Jehovah's came to my door, I welcolmed them and discussed my beliefs and Bible with them. The last visitors I had were many years ago and they actually ran away from my door. No visitors since. I thought maybe they had stopped visiting folks (maybe just me). The difference between judgement and discernment of false doctrines - is that one lets you help those so afflicted - the other just counts them as lost eternally. I am not being polite in not making judgement on them but I have said over and over again that I don't like their doctrines and I hate what they do to children in the name of God. Castigating them on this forum makes no sense to me as I doubt there are any JW's here reading. What these sentiments convey to me - wrong or right- is this sense of we are "better Christians" than they are (that they aren't Christians) and they don't deserve to be saved. It is chest thumping that for me, leads nowhere. I respect what you have said on the subject because I agree with it. But that's all I am gonna say on the subject.

Back