1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Change one word game!

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by fanofnb, Feb 15, 2007.

1. The Change one word game!

This game is fun. I have a quote here from Patrick Henry, and all you do is copy and paste it and change one word to what ever you want. Just be sure to make the new word bold so that the next person can see what you changed. Here it is:

Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.

My version:
    Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that chipmunk till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.

2. My version:
    Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of watermelons. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that chipmunk till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.

3. Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of watermelons. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that chipmunk till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for cookies? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.

PS...don't forget make the letter you change bold! :)