The Bible Speaks Of Only One Way To Eternal Salvation

Yes brother Tan, this applies to all who are under the Law and if you are then you must keep the whole of the Law (but alas you have already sinned...now how do they get remissed so you can enter heaven? By now keeping the whole of the Law...remember, you must do it forever till ye die)...unfortunately from this moment on you could keep all the Law and still die with your sins un-remissed. what then?

Quote me some Bible that prove what you are saying. Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Paul also said in Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. A lot of people have problem getting the gift.

Bro Tan,

You need to read the rest of Romans 3.

Rom 3:
20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.
22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference,
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

And in Galatians:

Ga 2:16 "knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Clear enough?

Ask yourself a question, how many laws do Paul speak about????

Lets take a look and see what the Master said in Luke 10: 25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 26 He said unto him,What is written in the law? how readest thou? 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Now let allow Jesus to break down what loving your neighbour like thyself means, in his own words again

Now let read it again...Jesus said in Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Understand brothers and sisters that the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week, is included in the commandments as well.
No matter what you read in the BIble, you can not overturn these verses, you can not. Paul can't over turn these verses. No Prophet or apostles can overturn these verses, so what ever else you read in the Bible that talks about a law, that sounds like something else, then it is something else, a another law. The royal law (ten commandment) are forever. Plant that in your head, so when you read about another law or deed you don't get confuse. By the way keeping the commandment consist of the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week (Saturday).

Lets take a look and see what the Master said in Luke 10: 25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 26 He said unto him,What is written in the law? how readest thou? 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Now let allow Jesus to break down what loving your neighbour like thyself means, in his own words again

Now let read it again...Jesus said in Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Understand brothers and sisters that the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week, is included in the commandments as well.
No matter what you read in the BIble, you can not overturn these verses, you can not. Paul can't over turn these verses. No Prophet or apostles can overturn these verses, so what ever else you read in the Bible that talks about a law, that sounds like something else, then it is something else, a another law. The royal law (ten commandment) are forever. Plant that in your head, so when you read about another law or deed you don't get confuse. By the way keeping the commandment consist of the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week (Saturday).

As we see once again, Luke 10:25-28 does no speak of keeping the law in order to be saved. It simply is not the context of the teaching Jesus did here in Luke.

In verses 14-23, Jesus was accused of casting out demons by the power of the chief of all demons.......Satan. This was a wicked claim and was equal to blasphemy against the Holy Spirit because Jesus performed His ministry through the Holy Spirit. Jesus uses logic to clear up the situation and then He stresses the fact that a man's life must be filled with good things namely Christ and His salvation or the man would be even more susceptible to the same calamity recurring than he was the first time. The bottom line was that Jesus taught us that mere self reformation has no guaranteed results.

Now lets consider the correct exegesis of Matthew 19 which you have used as a basis of keeping the law to stay saved.

When we dig down deeper we see the words of the Lord Jesus as He says to the young ruler.....
" but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments": .................
that tells us that the young man was not saved to begin with.

The fact is this........to gain eternal life, you must first of all enter it, hence the phrase........."ONCE saved, always saved".

So then, the imperative "KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" was intended to hit his point of pride, self righteousness. Jesus did not believe that mere outward keeping of the commandments of the law brought anyone to salvation, therefore the keeping of those laws can not keep one saved.

Jesus had already told Nicodemus earlier that he must be born again. Why then did He tell this young ruler to keep the commandments? The rest of the story reveals the answer when you read it..

Jesus will go to great lengths in the rest of the story to show this man that he has not kept the commandments and therefore is in need of the grace of God. The fact which Jesus was teaching was not about keeping the law at all. He was teaching us that all human nature is unable to save itself at all by any means including the keeping of the law. All men must rely on God's GRACE for that which is humanly impossible to become all things, possible with God. The salvation then of a rich sinner is just as miraculous as the salvation of a poor sinner because both are only possible with God's GRACE and not one single thing that we do or can do.

So then, we see once again that keeping the law does not keep us saved or saves us to begin with. Salvation is totally the gift of God through the GRACE of God and nothing, nothing, nothing else!!!

Now as for keeping the Sabbath.......we as Christians simply do not keep the Sabbath as keeping the law does not keep us saved. We worship on the 1st day of the week which is Sunday, the day Jesus rose from the grave.

In the New Testament epistles there are only 2 references to the Sabbath (Col.2:16; Heb.4:4), both these passages the apostle Paul clearly explains that this day is not a required day to be observed by Christians. To the Hebrews in the Old Covenant they were under obligation, in the New Covenant neither Jews nor Gentiles are. There is no command after the death and resurrection for the Church to keep the Sabbath as an obligation to Christ.

If one is to keep the Sabbath day as law then they are under the obligation to also observe the Sabbath year Lev.25:17. The land is to be tilled for six years and the seventh year is the Sabbath year. Vs. 8-24 Israel is instructed to number seven times seven Sabbath years (49) and the following year is the Jubilee (50th year) which would be observed by no sowing or reaping. All slaves were to be released, and the land they purchased is to be returned to the original owner. All the debts were to be forgiven. For those who want to make the Sabbath day mandatory let them abide by the law and return the land they bought and forget all their debtors. Does anyone do this? Do you do that Bro.Tan???? Why not????

Hosea 2:11:........ “I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her New Moons, her Sabbaths-- all her appointed feasts.” Here we have God himself saying these will come to an end, he is the cause of it.

Last edited:
Ask yourself a question, how many laws do Paul speak about????

My dear brother. How many do you need????

Did you read Rom. 3:20????
"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing "THE LAW"; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

That would be ALL or any as one pertains to all.

Then verse 28.............."Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of THE LAW."

And in Galatians2:16.........
"knowing that a man is not justified by the works of THE LAW but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

The Law never saved anyone and was never given to save anyone. Therefore how can we say now that keeping the Law must be done to stay saved. My dear friend, as I have said before, I am sure you are sincere in what you believe but what you believe is wrong and not Biblical as a fundamental in Christianity. What you are espousing comes from the teaching of the "JUDIZERS" which Paul condemned and in fact wrote the book of Galatians to correct. They, the JUDIZERS, wanted to believe in Christ but just in case that was not enough, they wanted to keep the Law as well.

Quote me some Bible that prove what you are saying. Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Paul also said in Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. A lot of people have problem getting the gift.

Sure FIRST -

James 2…for whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Romans 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law (and all have sinned…therefore make by the law and you shall be judged by the law…stumble at the stumbling stone)

NOW WHY

2 Corinthians 3 - 3 Forasmuch as you are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone (like the 10 Commandments), but in fleshy tables of the heart (by the indwelling Spirit of God). 4 And such is the trust have we through Christ toward God: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything of ourselves (like as if we keep the commandments and others do not); but our sufficiency is of God (because it is not by what we do or have done, but of Christ); 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills (brings death), but the spirit gives life (His life in us the expectation of glory).

7 But if the ministration of death (the sin consciousness brought on by the Law), written and engraved in stones (that is the 10 Commandments), was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance; which glory eventually faded (because by the commandments they were all guilty): 8 How shall the ministration of the Spirit not be even more glorious (who while we were yet sinners Christ dies for the ungodly…by love and grace)?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory (that righteousness which is by faith and not works).

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excels (for it never ends). 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more is that which remains glorious.

In the Exodus Pentecost (Shavuot), 50 days after the deliverance of Israel, the Lord gave the letter of the Law engraved in stone. It was at Mount Sinai in Arabia (called also Horeb), the mount of God in the land of Jethro of Midian…as Moses came down declaring the Commandments the people fled and 3,000 eternally died

(You shall, you shall, you shall not, you shall not…it is all about “Thou” and the eye turns onto self)

In the Acts Pentecost, 50 days after deliverance of whosoever will that would come, the Lord gave the Spirit, and wrote all we need in our hearts. It was on Mt. Zion, in Jerusalem the city made Holy by God. Jesus went UP giving the Spirit and 3,000 were eternally saved.

(And they went about preaching the wonderful works of God…they glorified Christ, led them to salvation…it’s all about God and the eye turns to Christ…what He said and what He did and His gracious offer of love – 2:37-39)

Through the Law comes the knowledge of sin…though grace the love of God to-usward…the ministry of death was engraved on stone and the ministry of righteousness engraved on our hearts by the knowledge of salvation.

Romans 7: 6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Alive apart from the law…dead by the law! Alive through Christ’s sufficient and pleasing sacrifice.

Colossians 2 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all your trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us (the Law), which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

So He not only nailed our sins to the cross but also the ordinances against us so they no longer have any effect…by grace we are SAVED.

Sure FIRST -

James 2…for whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Romans 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law (and all have sinned…therefore make by the law and you shall be judged by the law…stumble at the stumbling stone)

NOW WHY

2 Corinthians 3 - 3 Forasmuch as you are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone (like the 10 Commandments), but in fleshy tables of the heart (by the indwelling Spirit of God). 4 And such is the trust have we through Christ toward God: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything of ourselves (like as if we keep the commandments and others do not); but our sufficiency is of God (because it is not by what we do or have done, but of Christ); 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills (brings death), but the spirit gives life (His life in us the expectation of glory).

7 But if the ministration of death (the sin consciousness brought on by the Law), written and engraved in stones (that is the 10 Commandments), was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance; which glory eventually faded (because by the commandments they were all guilty): 8 How shall the ministration of the Spirit not be even more glorious (who while we were yet sinners Christ dies for the ungodly…by love and grace)?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory (that righteousness which is by faith and not works).

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excels (for it never ends). 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more is that which remains glorious.

In the Exodus Pentecost (Shavuot), 50 days after the deliverance of Israel, the Lord gave the letter of the Law engraved in stone. It was at Mount Sinai in Arabia (called also Horeb), the mount of God in the land of Jethro of Midian…as Moses came down declaring the Commandments the people fled and 3,000 eternally died

(You shall, you shall, you shall not, you shall not…it is all about “Thou” and the eye turns onto self)

In the Acts Pentecost, 50 days after deliverance of whosoever will that would come, the Lord gave the Spirit, and wrote all we need in our hearts. It was on Mt. Zion, in Jerusalem the city made Holy by God. Jesus went UP giving the Spirit and 3,000 were eternally saved.

(And they went about preaching the wonderful works of God…they glorified Christ, led them to salvation…it’s all about God and the eye turns to Christ…what He said and what He did and His gracious offer of love – 2:37-39)

Through the Law comes the knowledge of sin…though grace the love of God to-usward…the ministry of death was engraved on stone and the ministry of righteousness engraved on our hearts by the knowledge of salvation.

Romans 7: 6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Alive apart from the law…dead by the law! Alive through Christ’s sufficient and pleasing sacrifice.

Colossians 2 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all your trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us (the Law), which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

So He not only nailed our sins to the cross but also the ordinances against us so they no longer have any effect…by grace we are SAVED.

Excellent brother!

The Law brought death and GRACE brought LIFE!

If anyone every tells you that grace=permission to sin, just lay Romans 6:15 down and do the "facts" dance:

What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!
facts.gif

Well, maybe do it somewhat more gently than that... but yeah.

Paul said in (Rom. 5:13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. If there is no law, there is no sin!

As we see once again, Luke 10:25-28 does no speak of keeping the law in order to be saved. It simply is not the context of the teaching Jesus did here in Luke.

In verses 14-23, Jesus was accused of casting out demons by the power of the chief of all demons.......Satan. This was a wicked claim and was equal to blasphemy against the Holy Spirit because Jesus performed His ministry through the Holy Spirit. Jesus uses logic to clear up the situation and then He stresses the fact that a man's life must be filled with good things namely Christ and His salvation or the man would be even more susceptible to the same calamity recurring than he was the first time. The bottom line was that Jesus taught us that mere self reformation has no guaranteed results.

Now lets consider the correct exegesis of Matthew 19 which you have used as a basis of keeping the law to stay saved.

When we dig down deeper we see the words of the Lord Jesus as He says to the young ruler.....
" but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments": .................
that tells us that the young man was not saved to begin with.

The fact is this........to gain eternal life, you must first of all enter it, hence the phrase........."ONCE saved, always saved".

So then, the imperative "KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" was intended to hit his point of pride, self righteousness. Jesus did not believe that mere outward keeping of the commandments of the law brought anyone to salvation, therefore the keeping of those laws can not keep one saved.

Jesus had already told Nicodemus earlier that he must be born again. Why then did He tell this young ruler to keep the commandments? The rest of the story reveals the answer when you read it..

Jesus will go to great lengths in the rest of the story to show this man that he has not kept the commandments and therefore is in need of the grace of God. The fact which Jesus was teaching was not about keeping the law at all. He was teaching us that all human nature is unable to save itself at all by any means including the keeping of the law. All men must rely on God's GRACE for that which is humanly impossible to become all things, possible with God. The salvation then of a rich sinner is just as miraculous as the salvation of a poor sinner because both are only possible with God's GRACE and not one single thing that we do or can do.

So then, we see once again that keeping the law does not keep us saved or saves us to begin with. Salvation is totally the gift of God through the GRACE of God and nothing, nothing, nothing else!!!

Now as for keeping the Sabbath.......we as Christians simply do not keep the Sabbath as keeping the law does not keep us saved. We worship on the 1st day of the week which is Sunday, the day Jesus rose from the grave.

In the New Testament epistles there are only 2 references to the Sabbath (Col.2:16; Heb.4:4), both these passages the apostle Paul clearly explains that this day is not a required day to be observed by Christians. To the Hebrews in the Old Covenant they were under obligation, in the New Covenant neither Jews nor Gentiles are. There is no command after the death and resurrection for the Church to keep the Sabbath as an obligation to Christ.

If one is to keep the Sabbath day as law then they are under the obligation to also observe the Sabbath year Lev.25:17. The land is to be tilled for six years and the seventh year is the Sabbath year. Vs. 8-24 Israel is instructed to number seven times seven Sabbath years (49) and the following year is the Jubilee (50th year) which would be observed by no sowing or reaping. All slaves were to be released, and the land they purchased is to be returned to the original owner. All the debts were to be forgiven. For those who want to make the Sabbath day mandatory let them abide by the law and return the land they bought and forget all their debtors. Does anyone do this? Do you do that Bro.Tan???? Why not????

Hosea 2:11:........ “I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her New Moons, her Sabbaths-- all her appointed feasts.” Here we have God himself saying these will come to an end, he is the cause of it.

I'm reading your post and still trying to find out how can you turn Jesus words into something else. Its more then 2 reference that you say concerning the Sabbath day in the NT, but if you desire not to keep the Lord's Sabbath day, you have that choice. Keep in mind...it would not be church today on the wrong day of the week, if it wasn't for the Sabbath day!

Paul said in (Rom. 7:7, 12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy? Paul said in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

Paul said in (Rom. 5:13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. If there is no law, there is no sin!

I can't necessarily agree or disagree with that explanation of that passage without knowing more about what you mean when you say it. What's the practical application of that in a Christian's life?

I'm reading your post and still trying to find out how can you turn Jesus words into something else. Its more then 2 reference that you say concerning the Sabbath day in the NT, but if you desire not to keep the Lord's Sabbath day, you have that choice. Keep in mind...it would not be church today on the wrong day of the week, if it wasn't for the Sabbath day!

I apologize in advance for this long post. I do not like long posts myself but I did not see anyway to answer my brother Tan's point with a short answer.

Hebrews 4:9-10........
"So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10 for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his."

The majority of Christians worship on Sunday the 1st day of the week. Muslims worship on the 6th day of the week and Jews on the 7th day or the Mosiac Sabbath Saturday. You being a "Judizer" believe that Saturday is your day of worship. Wonderful!!!

So then why did the early church of the New Test. change the day of worship from the 7th to the 1st???????
What about God's moral law????
Does our decision completely disregard the fourth commandment?????

Good questions are they not? Aren't they at the heart of what you are trying to point out Tan?
Well lets see what we can do about answering your concerns.

Why was the change from the 7th to the 1st day of the week?
Until the resurrection of Christ, the church observed its day of worship and rest on the 7th day, Saturday or the Sabbath. Some people and obviously you are one that believes the church has abandoned the 4th commandment altogether.

The simplest thing to point out here is that the New Testament church immediately began to worship on the 1st day of the week after Jesus's resurrection. With this ultimate act of love, Christ fulfilled His mission as God's chosen Sacrifice to restore sinful people to God's perfect (complete) redemption. Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the 1st day of the week and His first appearance to the saints after His resurrection was on the 1st day of the week. Jesus appeared to His disciples on the evening of the first day of the week.

John 20:19.....
"On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

Now then, we must ask ourselves......was this a coincidence or a pattern being set?

Personally I do not believe in coincidences at all but instead believe in the plan and will of God. ****Watch this****
One of the disciples was missing on that 1st Sunday. Always the skeptic, Thomas could not hide his doubt when the others reported Jesus' appearance. BUT we learn from the Word of God that it wasn't until the NEXT FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK that Jesus chose to return and disclose Himself to Thomas.

John 20:26.....

"Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.”

Coincidence or a pattern being set???

It seems fitting to me to worship on the 1st day of the week in celebration of Christ's resurrection and His giving to us the promise of eternal life through His shed blood. If it was not for His death and resurrection we would still be in our sin and be on our way to hell. We are saved by the death and resurrection of Jesus, not by His birth or His sinless life.

Is this change consistent with the validity of the moral law?

Let me remind Brother Tan and others that it is Biblical suicide to suggest that the idea of Sabbath rest was presented for the first time in the 4th commandment. God spent 6 days in Creation and having finished, He rested on the 7th day. He created man on the 6th day in His image and there was nothing lacking, His work was complete. At that point of perfection God called man into His rest. The problem is that perfection did not last very long in the garden. Perfection was sacrificed in the name of FREE CHOICE and sin entered the world. Once Adam and Eve made the choice to disobey God and go their own way, the option to enter God's REST was impossible. God's attitude toward humanities sin condition is seen in His Word.........

Psalms 95:10-11
"For forty years I loathed that generation and said, “They are a people who go astray in their heart, and they have not known my ways.” 11 Therefore I swore in my wrath, “They shall not enter my rest.”

The same declaration is made in Hebrews 3:11. The reference of Psalms 95 within Hebrews tells us that the rest is God's rest, not ours. Specific reference is made to God's rest on the 7th day in Hebrews 4:3-4.....

"For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, “As I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall not enter my rest,’”
although his works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.”

It was never God's intention to enter the 7th day rest alone. He created us to be His intimate companions and enjoy His finished work of creation in all of its glory. But because of our sinful, rebellious and disobedient condition, Christ was the only hope for this to ever become anything more than a longing in God's heart. So then the key to understanding what this is all about is found in Hebrews 4:9-10.......

"So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10 for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his."

The resurrection of Christ made it possible for us who believe in Him to enter the rest that had been waiting for us since creation.

Does the changing of days to worship, undermine the 4th commandment?

NO! Scripture makes it very clear that Christ had no intention of destroying the law. It was His goal all along to fulfill the law through His finished work for mans redemption. The moral law of the Sabbath has not been compromised by the changing of the day of worship. Rather the law has been fulfilled in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts 1&version=ESV

Paul said in (Rom. 7:7, 12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy? Paul said in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

Bro.tan.........I am not sure what the quotes above have to do with the discussion. May I say to you that it is SIN that works death using the instrument of the law and the purpose is that sin might be shown to be sin. Death is brought by sin even though the instrumentality of the law is good.

Paul's conclusion then concerning the law is..."for we know that the Law is spiritual". The apostle is convinced it seems to me that the Mosiac law is holy and just and good because it is derived from the Holy Spirit. The word "spiritual" is used to intimate that the law finds its roots in the Holy Spirit.

Really????

My dear brother, sin immediately inundated the whole world and had a mortal effect on all who lived in it and those who came after them.

"SIN IS NOT IMPUTED WHERE THERE IS NO LAW". And your thought is .........."If there is no law, there is no sin".

But even before the law was given, physical death gave witness to the presence of sin in Adam and Eve and his posterity. So universal was this sin that its deadly effects were over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adams sin.

Going to Church, Synagogue, Tabernacle, or Temple on the 7th day is not the Law of God....you shall keep it IN ALL YOUR DWELLINGS (plural)...do not go from your place on the Sabbath...(that's what the Law says)...now because Jesus and the Apostles did this "as was His custom" (tradition) is fine because the Synagogue system was developed during the Babylonian captivity and practiced thereafter by all of the Judahites that returned...but it was never commanded or ever observed by the Israelites before then.

Back