The Bible Speaks Of Only One Way To Eternal Salvation

Once again God had Peter to clearly warn you about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now you need to take heed to this warning.

I agree with all those verses, but they are quote in the wrong context with the wrong understanding. Romans 13: 8,9 is not talking about the same law, Paul saying in Roman 7: 4-6 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. 6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter

Paul speaks in a confusing way sometimes and if you don't have understanding in the whole Bible you will get turn around. Think about what Paul is saying here in verse 6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. What law? What letter? Not the commandments, so Paul must be talking about another law. Paul explained this in; (Heb.10:1, 9-10,18,26-27) (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgment and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

Lets continue to what you quoted in Romans 7 Now, Paul said in (Rom. 7:7, 12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy? Paul also said in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

This is the correct way to understand Paul. Paul talks about two laws in his conversation, only one of those laws got nail to the cross, and its not the Royal Law (commandments),

Did the old testament Hebrews find their salvation through following the law?

See Leviticus 16:8-34, which describes Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, the "Sabbath of Sabbaths."

The Hebrews' holiest day of the year was "a sabbath of solemn rest for you... to make atonement for the sons of Israel for all their sins ."

What did the Hebrews have to do on Yom Kippur to receive atonement? The same thing they had to do when the serpent was raised in the wilderness (Numbers 21:6-9), show up, look up. Was there something more they had to do?

John 3:14-15 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Did Christ come to die to make salvation more difficult for us than it was for the OT Hebrews ? Or can we receive the Sabbath rest of His atonement as well? Mat 11:28-30

Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because all have sinned, and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check

You think I desire to teach...you should have ask the question first. Once again God had Peter to clearly warn you about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now you need to take heed to this warning.

I agree with all those verses, but they are quote in the wrong context with the wrong understanding. Romans 13: 8,9 is not talking about the same law, Paul saying in Roman 7: 4-6 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. 6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter

Paul speaks in a confusing way sometimes and if you don't have understanding in the whole Bible you will get turn around. Think about what Paul is saying here in verse 6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. What law? What letter? Not the commandments, so Paul must be talking about another law. Paul explained this in; (Heb.10:1, 9-10,18,26-27) (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgment and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

Lets continue to what you quoted in Romans 7 Now, Paul said in (Rom. 7:7, 12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy? Paul also said in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

This is the correct way to understand Paul. Paul talks about two laws in his conversation, only one of those laws got nail to the cross, and its not the Royal Law (commandments),

You are wrong brother. I love you and appreciate your zeal but you are simply wrong in your understanding.

Your explanations of Scripture are tainted because of your inability to admit your error so you must work harder and harder to prove your opinion. BUT........no one is buying what you are selling because you are wrong.

Maybe (I doubt it) but maybe you could sell your thoughts on a web site that had less devoted and educated Christians, but here it is just not going to happen my brother. Personally I would mush rather see you spend your time in study on something that would give you peace and joy and comfort in your soul instead of constant turmoil in trying to prove something that only exists in your mind.

I have said this before and I say it again.....You are a JUDIZER. You are working to make something else be added to the shed blood of Jesus Christ so that we can stay said. You are adding the law and saying we MUST obey it to be saved. That is exactly what Judizer's wanted to do and that is why Paul rebuked them 2000 years ago.

We are saved by God's grace through faith and nothing else!

YES.........it is just that simple!

Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because all have sinned, and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check

NOPE. Wrong again my friend.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit………..For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. (Romans 8:1,5)

I now understand that once I have repented and put my trust in Christ for my salvation, ALL of my sins have been forgiven. Past present and future. I do not have to live in fear that when Christ comes or when I die, I might be ‘caught in the act’ of sinning in one form or another. I can live with the freedom knowing that even if I have sinned ‘before I have repented’, I will not be condemned and I will not forfeit my inheritance in Christ.

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Cor 5:21)

You simply do not understand POSITIONAL forgiveness and RELATIONAL forgiveness.
All of our sins are forgiven “positionally” the moment we receive Christ as Savior. This positional forgiveness guarantees our salvation and promise of an eternal home in heaven. today and tomorrow. When we stand before God after death, God will not deny us entrance into heaven because of our sins. That is positional forgiveness. The concept of relational forgiveness is based on the fact that when we sin, we offend God and grieve His Spirit.

Brother.tan.........study to show thyself approved, a workman that rightly divides the Word of God.

I see I wasted my time talking to you, again. In scriptures its written in Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination
Of course the Old Testament law is going to declare the law? You ever heard of the Cross of Christ and the New Covenant written in His Blood?

Ga 3:1 ¶ O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

Once again God had Peter to clearly warn you about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now you need to take heed to this warning.

Once again Peter was upholding Pauls epistles as the true standard...He was warning against people like you who cannot understand the law has been nailed to the Cross.

Once again Peter was upholding Pauls epistles as the true standard...He was warning against people like you who cannot understand the law has been nailed to the Cross.

I am amazed at how our friend TAN can miss so obvious a doctrinal, Biblical fact. He appears to be a very well educated man in the Word od God so I am very perplexed at how he is missing this one!!!!!!!!

I am amazed at how our friend TAN can miss so obvious a doctrinal, Biblical fact. He appears to be a very well educated man in the Word od God so I am very perplexed at how he is missing this one!!!!!!!!

My friend I wondered at that same thing for years.. but the law itself blinds those who look to it to justify themselves. The flesh is a deception above all deception and it will cover itself with as many fig leaves as it can to hide from the truth.

2Co 3:13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.

The law does not just blind the Jews...it blinds all who look to it for righteousness.

Ro 10:2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, "The man who does those things shall live by them."

My friend I wondered at that same thing for years.. but the law itself blinds those who look to it to justify themselves. The flesh is a deception above all deception and it will cover itself with as many fig leaves as it can to hide from the truth.

2Co 3:13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.

The law does not just blind the Jews...it blinds all who look to it for righteousness.

Ro 10:2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, "The man who does those things shall live by them."

I for one do not claim to know all the reasons for the disagreements that exist in the religious world, and how some people can not comprehend some things in the Scriptures, but I believe I know some of them. IMHO.....I have absolutely no doubt that ignorance plays a vital role in the differences among professed believers in Christ.

There are millions of people who do not understand because they have not made the effort to understand. Paul believed and taught that we can understand.

In his great letter on the church, the apostle Paul informed the Ephesian Christians: "For this cause, I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, if you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God toward you: how that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery (or secret); (as I wrote before in few words, whereby when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)" (Eph. 3:1-4).

Is there any doubt in your mind that Paul expected his readers to understand what he had written?.......Just asking.

Are we to believe that as soon as we accept Jesus in our lives that our salvation is secure? Again people are quick to run to the Apostle Paul’s writing, grabbing a couple of verse that preachers have grossly mistaught. And they have built a false teaching regarding “once saved always saved”. Just as you freely accepted Jesus in your life you can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord. People are being taught that once you are quote “saved” that you can never fall to the spiritually lost condition. This is not true and totally unbiblical; this teaching is a damnable heresy brought in by man. To teach someone that all they have to do is believe on Christ and you are saved is a doctrine of the devil. Many who teach eternal security teach that once a man is saved no matter how wicked he becomes he is still saved. Thus the teaching “once saved always saved”. Then you asked them what are you saved from? Or how did you obtain your salvation? And most cannot answer these questions. Some even say that sense I have been “saved” I am living a sinless life.

(1John:1:10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. According to bible you can’t be living a sinless life, because if you make such a statement, you just lied.

Paul said in (1Cor. 15:1-2) (v.1) MOREOVER, brethren, I declare unto the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; (v.2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. Paul is telling you right here that you are saved by the gospel that he preached unto you if you keep it in memory. So what happens if you don’t keep it in memory? Then you have believed in vain you have believed for nothing that’s what vain means.

I've been speaking with some Mormons lately, and I'll say to you the same thing I say to them: one of my main problems with this understanding of "the law" is that it's far too permissive. Since God's standard of perfection is too great of a requirement for us to meet on out own, people who teach a gospel of salvation through perfect obedience have to tweak the definition of "perfect" to make it attainable.

I assure you that I take Jesus command to "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" very seriously. I'd suggest this command encompasses much more than just "willful sin," and it, I submit to you, is a standard only achievable through Christ's atonement.

Ephesians 4:5 "One Lord, ONE FAITH, one baptism...". But many denominations and interpretations.
But there is ONLY ONE INTERPRETATION.
2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."

Our problem is, we think it has to be this or that. The early church embraced ALL of the Lords Word. That's why Peter preached Acts 2:38; because it encompassed John 3:16, John 3:3-5, Mark 16:16, John 24:47, Luke 13:3. It takes ALL OF IT. And what kind of Christian are we if we pick and choose?

I've been speaking with some Mormons lately, and I'll say to you the same thing I say to them: one of my main problems with this understanding of "the law" is that it's far too permissive. Since God's standard of perfection is too great of a requirement for us to meet on out own, people who teach a gospel of salvation through perfect obedience have to tweak the definition of "perfect" to make it attainable.

I assure you that I take Jesus command to "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" very seriously. I'd suggest this command encompasses much more than just "willful sin," and it, I submit to you, is a standard only achievable through Christ's atonement.

Jesus said in Matthew 4: :4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Did you know Jesus quoted this from Moses. Now...how absolute is every word? Paul said in Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Jesus said in Matthew 4: :4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Did you know Jesus quoted this from Moses. Now...how absolute is every word? Paul said in Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Let's jump down to the next few verses in Romans, which is the rest of the parenthetical information you've quoted from:
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

Your thoughts?

You think I desire to teach...you should have ask the question first. Once again God had Peter to clearly warn you about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now you need to take heed to this warning.

Yes I do think that is your desire. I just wish you would do it Biblically.

Are we to believe that as soon as we accept Jesus in our lives that our salvation is secure? Again people are quick to run to the Apostle Paul’s writing, grabbing a couple of verse that preachers have grossly mistaught. And they have built a false teaching regarding “once saved always saved”. Just as you freely accepted Jesus in your life you can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord. People are being taught that once you are quote “saved” that you can never fall to the spiritually lost condition. This is not true and totally unbiblical; this teaching is a damnable heresy brought in by man. To teach someone that all they have to do is believe on Christ and you are saved is a doctrine of the devil. Many who teach eternal security teach that once a man is saved no matter how wicked he becomes he is still saved. Thus the teaching “once saved always saved”. Then you asked them what are you saved from? Or how did you obtain your salvation? And most cannot answer these questions. Some even say that sense I have been “saved” I am living a sinless life.

(1John:1:10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. According to bible you can’t be living a sinless life, because if you make such a statement, you just lied.

Paul said in (1Cor. 15:1-2) (v.1) MOREOVER, brethren, I declare unto the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; (v.2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. Paul is telling you right here that you are saved by the gospel that he preached unto you if you keep it in memory. So what happens if you don’t keep it in memory? Then you have believed in vain you have believed for nothing that’s what vain means.

"Are we to believe that as soon as we accept Jesus in our lives that our salvation is secure?" asks Bro.tan.

YES responds the ole Major!

It is surprising that so many seemingly well educated Christians would deny or ignore the straightforward presentation of the doctrine of security in Romans chapter 8. There are other texts in the Bible that discuss the security of the believer, but none are as pointed as Rom. 8:28-30. We find in those verses that everyone who has been redeemed by Jesus Christ, without exception, will be glorified.

The key phrase in those verses are at the end of verse 28: "called according to His [God's] purpose." We are forever secure because that was God's purpose. The Son of God and the Holy Spirit intercede for us so that the plan of God might come to pass. So our security is guaranteed not only by the purpose of God, but also by the outworking of that purpose through the intercessory ministries of the Son and the Spirit.

The phrase "called according to His purpose" helps us to understand verses 29-30, which explain God's purpose: "For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified."

God causes all things to work out for the believer's good, which is "according to His purpose." There is no other way to explain why He does that; He simply wants to. God is free to make whatever decisions He wants. And He sovereignly chose for all things to work together for the good and glory of those who are redeemed. Nothing can change that.

Where in the bible does it say to "Accept Jesus"? Maybe the same place it mentions the word "trinity".

Understand that accepting Jesus is going what he said in Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Also Jesus said in John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. This is accepting Jesus for those who don't know. Jesus said in Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Now we see what commandments the lord is talking about, the same in Exodus 20th Ch

Understand that accepting Jesus is going what he said in Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Also Jesus said in John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. This is accepting Jesus for those who don't know. Jesus said in Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Now we see what commandments the lord is talking about, the same in Exodus 20th Ch
Ro 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

1Jo 3:23 ¶ And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him.

Where in the bible does it say to "Accept Jesus"? Maybe the same place it mentions the word "trinity".

While Trinity is a doctrine of man changed by many denominations in wording to suit their own religious belief's. If I say that is my car, and I say that is my job. I have taken acceptance of both the car and job.

If I say I want a chicken sandwich instead of the cheeseburger then the Chicken has my acceptance.

Accept means a consent to receive.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
(Rom 10:9-10)

Unlike a belief in some version of the trinity, Oneness, Modelist doctrine, Not accepting Jesus as complete Lord of your life will in fact end very badly when it's time for you to be judged.

Back