The Bible Speaks Of Only One Way To Eternal Salvation

If he has caused you to question your belief - he has won. Hear me, my beloved - I will love you - not because it seems right- but because it is right. I will love you, not because you deserve it, but because love is more than what we have been given to know.

Sisters and brothers God gives us all these earthy examples regarding faith. People have so much faith in their job that they work seven, sometimes fourteen days, and why? Because they have faith (believe) that they employer is going to pay them according to their works. Some of us have so much faith in our employer that we take out thirty-year mortgages on homes, five- year car loans. When you go to apply for these loans and the loan officer asks you for proof of income and employment, you don’t say “man I don’t have a job, just have faith in me, I’ll pay you”. The loan officer is going to run a credit report because he wants to see your past works and your history that’s how he judges if he can have enough faith in you to give you a loan. God works the same way, he is going to lay your works on the table on judgment day and judge you accordingly.

Paul said in (2Tim. 4:1) I CHARGE thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom. And by what means will he use to judge you? You will be judged according to your works, pertaining to the commandments.

Jesus said in (John 17:3-4) (v.3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (v.4) I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. Yes Jesus did much work. He is the captain of our salvation and the captain is leading by his example, by his works.

Paul said in (Phil. 2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Now if you need not work, then why is Paul telling you to “WORK” out your own salvation, and pay close attention because he also says with “fear and trembling”.

My dear friend Bro.tan......may the Lord bless him, continues to twist and work so as to make the Scriptures he chooses fit his opinions. This my friends is the sign of a false teacher that James, and Paul, Peter and Jesus spoke of.

2 Timothy 4:1 is certainly NOT about works that we must do to be saved at the 2nd Coming of Christ.
Because of the context of chapter #3 about the last days, Paul reminds Timothy of a day of reckoning.
The QUICK in that verse are the living, those who are alive and remain according to 1 Thess. 4:17.
The DEAD are exactly that, dead. according to 1 Thess. 4:16.

Pastors, teachers, false prophets, deacons, choir members, church members, pagan's will all stand before the Lord Jesus Christ.

What we have done in life, whether it be good or bad does not account for the judgment that Christ will administer. The only
thing that will matter is ........"ARE WE WASHED IN THE BLOOD"!!!

That folks is the basis for judgment. Has the shed blood of the Son of God been applied to your soul for the forgiveness of YOUR sins?

Now Bro.tan posts John 17:3-4 in an attempt to point out that because Jesus worked, we also have to work to be saved.

He states..... "Jesus did much work. He is the captain of our salvation and the captain is leading by his example, by his works."

Several points here need to be pointed out and corrected. First of which is that Jesus did not have to be saved. He was the source of salvation and was the sinless Son of God who came as the payment FOR sin.

As God in the flesh, Jesus had no need to do anything but what He actually did was to bring glory to the Father!!!
He did not have to do any works to go to heaven!!! He was the Creator of heaven so He did not have to do anything to return to it.

To say what Bro.tan has said is a real distortion of the what the Scriptures do actually say.

Now we see that Bro.tan is trying to make Philippians 2:12 fit his agenda. IT WILL NOT WORK Bro!

This verse does not say "work for your salvation" as my friend is implying to us.

The Philippians had already been saved that Paul was writing to. Salvation is ALL by grace but it is to be manifested in our daily lives by glorifying Christ in everything. We must possess salvation FIRST, and then work it out to its ultimate conclusion, namely....
Christlikeness!!!!

THINK! No one can live the Christian life until he FIRST has Christ!!!

It is not about the "imitation" of Christ but the MANIFESTATION of Christ IN US, who is the hope of glory to the glory of God!!

If you miss that you have missed everything and unfortunately Bro. tan has indeed missed this basic of Christianity.

I have that Spirit of God, that convicts men of their sin because of unbelief. And convicts believers of righteousness. I have only quoted the scriptures in clear context, if you seem offend by this? Maybe you should question why the scriptures (in context) seem to bring discomfort to you?

Yes, I agree with that. My observation is that you have been correctly dividing and explaining the Word of God.

Keep it up my brother! We have to get out the Word of God today as the end is drawing near.

You have an uncomfortable spirit on you. Paul said in Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

I do not find that to be the case Bro. tan. Instead of a big red X, I thought it best to state that personally to you..

You must know by now that what you have been trying to do and say here has not been accepted universally by those who are reading your opinions. Therefore, by logic and deduction we can see that it is not our brother 'Mitsha" that is the source of concern.

The fact is IMO, because you have some very differing opinions of the Scripture, I do not see any reason to comment on someone else's spirit being "uncomfortable". That in itself is a well thought out word which means you spent a lot of time trying to make it acceptable without making it a personal attack. That is good and bad.

I do not find that to be the case Bro. tan. Instead of a big red X, I thought it best to state that personally to you..

You must know by now that what you have been trying to do and say here has not been accepted universally by those who are reading your opinions. Therefore, by logic and deduction we can see that it is not our brother 'Mitsha" that is the source of concern.

The fact is IMO, because you have some very differing opinions of the Scripture, I do not see any reason to comment on someone else's spirit being "uncomfortable". That in itself is a well thought out word which means you spent a lot of time trying to make it acceptable without making it a personal attack. That is good and bad.
I do thank you my good brother Major! I am thankful that Gods Spirit does rest upon me in such a way that when a comment such as the one made, I can just kinda laugh and rejoice that God has put me in such a place of rest in His love. Many legalist do attack me and do "feel" a spiritual conflict with me, its real! But what is going on is a spiritual battle, there are laws in the spirit realm. When an unrighteous person "who is self-righteous" makes a charge against the righteous "In Christ" the very spirit they are operating in, turns upon them and makes them very uncomfortable. They perceive this as coming from me, but its just the spirit that they have on themselves that fears Gods righteousness that I dwell in. Here is a scripture to help you understand?

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

God has laws in the spirit, a man with a "just" heart is precious in His sight and He has made a place for those who will enter into this realm of His righteousness, and He jealously defends those who have found rest in this place of rest.

I hope this is not too "spiritual" but I believe that God would have us all enter into these secure places in spiritual terms, where these false accusers have no power to harm Gods Righteous children.

Bro.tan, I think you mean well, but it is generally a poor habit to base the understanding of Christian principals on the behaviors of sinfull men.

You compare faith in God with faith in my employer. God is reliable, my employer is not, and my employer uses me only so long at it is convenient and very profitable for him (and he would trade me for a cheaper employee in a moments notice).

The loan officer demands your records because he has no faith in you. He could not care less about your works, he wants your money. He is there to sell loans.

On judgement day, God will ask me "in whom did you put your trust?".
God will certainly not ask me "what works do you have to show me that you are Christian?"

If I were as pious as Padre Pio, could do the wonders of Elisha or St. Anthony of Padua, I still would
not have anything with which I could barter with God.
Only Christ nailed on that cross buys me into Heaven.

I do thank you my good brother Major! I am thankful that Gods Spirit does rest upon me in such a way that when a comment such as the one made, I can just kinda laugh and rejoice that God has put me in such a place of rest in His love. Many legalist do attack me and do "feel" a spiritual conflict with me, its real! But what is going on is a spiritual battle, there are laws in the spirit realm. When an unrighteous person "who is self-righteous" makes a charge against the righteous "In Christ" the very spirit they are operating in, turns upon them and makes them very uncomfortable. They perceive this as coming from me, but its just the spirit that they have on themselves that fears Gods righteousness that I dwell in. Here is a scripture to help you understand?

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

God has laws in the spirit, a man with a "just" heart is precious in His sight and He has made a place for those who will enter into this realm of His righteousness, and He jealously defends those who have found rest in this place of rest.

I hope this is not too "spiritual" but I believe that God would have us all enter into these secure places in spiritual terms, where these false accusers have no power to harm Gods Righteous children.

What I see my brother is the convicting power of the Holy Spirit moving over those who refuse to understand the Word of God and try to teach another gospel.

No, I do understand exactly what you are saying and I am glad that the Lord has directed you to a place to help get out the REAL Word of God to the world over the internet.

1 Tim. 4:1
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils".

Bro.tan, I think you mean well, but it is generally a poor habit to base the understanding of Christian principals on the behaviors of sinfull men.

You compare faith in God with faith in my employer. God is reliable, my employer is not, and my employer uses me only so long at it is convenient and very profitable for him (and he would trade me for a cheaper employee in a moments notice).

The loan officer demands your records because he has no faith in you. He could not care less about your works, he wants your money. He is there to sell loans.

On judgement day, God will ask me "in whom did you put your trust?".
God will certainly not ask me "what works do you have to show me that you are Christian?"

If I were as pious as Padre Pio, could do the wonders of Elisha or St. Anthony of Padua, I still would
not have anything with which I could barter with God.
Only Christ nailed on that cross buys me into Heaven.

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it is good or evil". (Ecclesiastes 12: 13-14) “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.” Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. (Revelation 22:12-15)

Sisters and brothers lets take a look at other writing of Paul in (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. And most people think love is kissing and hugging, rolling around somewhere. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Now this is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God, the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his chick (wife) and so on and so forth. This is God’s definition of love people and it is perfect in its ways.

Sisters and brothers lets take a look at other writing of Paul in (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. And most people think love is kissing and hugging, rolling around somewhere. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Now this is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God, the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his chick (wife) and so on and so forth. This is God’s definition of love people and it is perfect in its ways.
So what is the need for the law of moses? we have the law of Christ, and his commandment to love as He has loved us and in this all the law is fulfilled. See one does not keep "thou shalt not steal" until the heart has been transformed by the Love of God shed abroad in the heart, by the Holy Spirit. So to "not steal" is not the point of obedience but to give from love is the fulfillment of the law. Those who do not have the Love of God in there hearts, are thieves at heart and can "think" they are keeping the law, but just like the Pharisees they are white painted tombs. They have an outward appearance but they are full of hypocrisy and inequity in their hearts.

Lu 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Ro 2:1 ¶ Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Ro 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

So what is the need for the law of moses? we have the law of Christ, and his commandment to love as He has loved us and in this all the law is fulfilled. See one does not keep "thou shalt not steal" until the heart has been transformed by the Love of God shed abroad in the heart, by the Holy Spirit. So to "not steal" is not the point of obedience but to give from love is the fulfillment of the law. Those who do not have the Love of God in there hearts, are thieves at heart and can "think" they are keeping the law, but just like the Pharisees they are white painted tombs. They have an outward appearance but they are full of hypocrisy and inequity in their hearts.

Lu 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Ro 2:1 ¶ Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Ro 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

It's hard to fill a bucket of water, when its are ready full!!!!!

It's hard to fill a bucket of water, when its are ready full!!!!!
Yes it is, what need is there to fill what is already "fulfilled"?

Mt 5:17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Yes go Jesus!:D

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Ga 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Last edited:
Yes it is, what need is there to fill what is already "fulfilled"?

Mt 5:17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Yes go Jesus!:D

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Ga 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Once again I will attempt a little to go into a verse or two and correct an error. Jesus said in Matthew 5: 17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Lets examine this verse a little....For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Pay attention: is heaven and earth still here? Of Course

Now...Let’s take a look at the heaven and earth pass in the future, let’s go to Revelation 6 chapter

6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Brother and Sisters this has not happen yet No

Lets go into: Revelation 21 chapter

21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Now lets go to the Prophet Isaiah who knew this. 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD

All is not fulfill people, Jesus has much more to do when he makes his second coming, so the law (commandments) is still good.

Once again I will attempt a little to go into a verse or two and correct an error. Jesus said in Matthew 5: 17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Lets examine this verse a little....For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Pay attention: is heaven and earth still here? Of Course

Now...Let’s take a look at the heaven and earth pass in the future, let’s go to Revelation 6 chapter

6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Brother and Sisters this has not happen yet No

Lets go into: Revelation 21 chapter

21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Now lets go to the Prophet Isaiah who knew this. 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD

All is not fulfill people, Jesus has much more to do when he makes his second coming, so the law (commandments) is still good.
Well then that means we are under every "jot and tittle" of the law "all things written in the book of the law" are you trying to affirm that you are "keeping" every jot and tittle? "all things written in the book"? And its all fulfilled in one word "love" And that being the Commandment of Christ, the law of Christ.... the Royal Law And here is the "new heaven and earth that has come to the believer.....

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Well then that means we are under every "jot and tittle" of the law "all things written in the book of the law" are you trying to affirm that you are "keeping" every jot and tittle? "all things written in the book"? And its all fulfilled in one word "love" And that being the Commandment of Christ, the law of Christ.... the Royal Law And here is the "new heaven and earth that has come to the believer.....

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Isn't it interesting that no matter how hard a "Judizer" works to make the Scriptures fit his opinions, the hole he digs just keeps getting deeper and deeper?

Isn't it interesting that no matter how hard a "Judizer" works to make the Scriptures fit his opinions, the hole he digs just keeps getting deeper and deeper?
Yea God catches them in their own deceptions.... He is very cool and wise beyond measure

I agree on that verse Paul said, but for one to become a new creature one must first do a few things according to Christ (Jesus). You quote Paul over Jesus words, like Paul is greater then Jesus. If Jesus said," For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. " then that's that. No need to run to Paul's writing. All things are not fulfilled. Jesus got a lot mores things to do when he returns, and heaven and earth have not pass yet, according to the Bible.

I wonder if Brotan wears cloth made of 2 different substances. Again, I say, this man does not take counsel and as such declares himself. Let the thread die.

Back