The Bible Isn't Difficult, It Just Wasn't Meant For Everyone To Understand.

I about half agree, in a bit of a general kind of way. There are a lot of things that the Holy Spirit assists us with understanding, but it isn't exactly a light switch either. There is a point at which faith is manifest, and from that point the Bible is more and more relatable to us, but it is also a continuing process of sorts. Without the Holy Spirit, the Bible is unlikely to make much sense to a lost world.

A growth process as I see it-the closer we walk with God-the more we get our hearts right ('make straight the path of the Lord'); the more he reveals/blesses us with His wisdom. The danger is in abusing what he reveals to us after years of faith....

A growth process as I see it-the closer we walk with God-the more we get our hearts right ('make straight the path of the Lord'); the more he reveals/blesses us with His wisdom. The danger is in abusing what he reveals to us after years of faith....

I sometimes wonder if abuse of revelation is a sign that a person has made the Law (in this case their understanding) more important than love.

I sometimes wonder if abuse of revelation is a sign that a person has made the Law (in this case their understanding) more important than love.

Good point; I know when I first got saved I made a mess of things 'preaching the law' rather than fully understanding the message of the Gospel-made a lot of regrets that just don't seem to be healing; probably because my heart is still not right enough....

Still need work: GUILTY

Thank you LORD for your mercy....

Back