The Beast's Economic System

It is all about being ANTI or AGAINST CHRIST!

I know you already know this and all... I just want to make sure we put it out there....

Remember that the greek "Anti" is the same as the latin "Vicar" - it does not carry the connotation of "Enemy of" so much as "Substitute for"....

So - we are not talking about someone who is proclaiming his ability to destroy Jesus - but rather someone who is going to try to sit on His throne and proclaim himself to be God... He is going to come claiming the power and authority of Messiah, and he is going to be doing mighty works to back it up....... Those who do not agree that this fellow is god on earth thereby set themselves up as being "Heretics" - and thus must be destroyed per the usual garden variety methods....

This all has the effect that he is in reality "Against" Jesus because he claims to BE Messiah.....

On the personality.... Remember - there are TWO guys....
"The Beast" rises out of "The sea" - Aka the gentile world...
"The False prophet" rises out of "The land" - aka Israel....

Then - there's also "The harlot" to contend with - the great apostate "Religious institution" that will support anything that the rulers proclaim for a slice of the pie....

This forms the great, unholy trinity - Beast, False prophet, and Harlot....

Thanks

I know you already know this and all... I just want to make sure we put it out there....

Remember that the greek "Anti" is the same as the latin "Vicar" - it does not carry the connotation of "Enemy of" so much as "Substitute for"....

So - we are not talking about someone who is proclaiming his ability to destroy Jesus - but rather someone who is going to try to sit on His throne and proclaim himself to be God... He is going to come claiming the power and authority of Messiah, and he is going to be doing mighty works to back it up....... Those who do not agree that this fellow is god on earth thereby set themselves up as being "Heretics" - and thus must be destroyed per the usual garden variety methods....

This all has the effect that he is in reality "Against" Jesus because he claims to BE Messiah.....

Then - there's also "The harlot" to contend with - the great apostate "Religious institution" that will support anything that the rulers proclaim for a slice of the pie....

Thanks
Interesting stuff John. Thanks

Good post @JohnC....but actually, I thought the unholy trinity was the AC (beast), the false prophet, and the father of lies? It's interesting when you see that the geography matches the biblical geography.....Persia (Iran), Babylon (Iraq), Israel (Israel). Someone define an apostate Jew for me? Someone who once practiced Judaism (in their lifetime) and then changes to Satan? Or someone who has some Jewish bloodline?

God love ya brother but that is the problem with triditions.
The word is "traditions", and that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Personal revelations that the Saints receive are not "traditions". Wearing particular color of vestments during certian liturgical seasons are an example of a "tradition".

The word is "traditions", and that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Personal revelations that the Saints receive are not "traditions". Wearing particular color of vestments during certian liturgical seasons are an example of a "tradition".

I did not mean to high jack the thread to talk about what "Catholic Traditions are or are not". Your original comment was that "Someone had said". My understanding has always been that meant some SAID something and it then was passed down from one person or one generation to another.

MY good friend here in town is the priest of the Catholic and I just today emailed him with you comment and asked him what actually "Traditions" were in his understanding.

He said that “Tradition is the word living continuously in the hearts of the faithful, the living memorial of God’s Word. Roman Catholic Tradition is not something you can read or even lay your hands on."

I got that which is pretty much my thinking.

I asked him about the color of vestments and so on that you mentioned and he said that while that can be the case it is more about the living faith produced by “realities and words that are being passed on.

Good post @JohnC....but actually, I thought the unholy trinity was the AC (beast), the false prophet, and the father of lies? It's interesting when you see that the geography matches the biblical geography.....Persia (Iran), Babylon (Iraq), Israel (Israel). Someone define an apostate Jew for me? Someone who once practiced Judaism (in their lifetime) and then changes to Satan? Or someone who has some Jewish bloodline?

A Jew who converts to another religion.

Agreed!

Thanks

John, I would add here that IMO the Beast, the False Prophet and Satan from who they receive there power is the unholy trinity.

They will then ride upon the "Harlot" of the World Wide system which will be in place and become the instrument of the unholy trinity. IMO it will be the Revived Roman Empire which seems right now to be rising in the form of the European Union.

I go with revived eastern leg of the Roman empire. (islam). Not that I'm any finance wiz, but isn't Greece's status an unstable element of the EU? I think if the US economy fails, won't the EU and most of the west fail? @Major, I am curious and have respect for your opinion...why do you still think the EU will give rise to the beast's economic system? Cihina is now the #1 economic power. I dunno...I have a hard time thinking the AC will be an apostate Jew. I sorta think the AC will be born evil and have a hard time seeing someone who truly practices Judaism or Christianity for that matter, turning into the AC. They may pretend to be a Jew or Christian, I suppose. And I suppose I could buy a "secular Jew" which seems to be a popular phrase these days. Not trying to pick an argument - just wondering.

A fake temple? We dont need a temple, Jesus said the one in Jersalem was going to be destroyed..and it was, and raised up in three days...and it was, he meant his body..which is the temple of the holy spirit.

We dont need to be building temples, Jesus builds the church.

When the heavenly Jerasulem touchees down, there wont be a temple like there used to be or like what israelis are building now..because Jesus had already been sacrificed.

So..whatever is there now, is just built by the hands of man. God will not dwell there.

A fake temple? We dont need a temple, Jesus said the one in Jersalem was going to be destroyed..and it was, and raised up in three days...and it was, he meant his body..which is the temple of the holy spirit.

We dont need to be building temples, Jesus builds the church.

When the heavenly Jerasulem touchees down, there wont be a temple like there used to be or like what israelis are building now..because Jesus had already been sacrificed.

So..whatever is there now, is just built by the hands of man. God will not dwell there.

YES, there will be a temple.

Zechariah prophesies that the sacrificial system will be reinstated in the Millennium. That is why in these extremely late days, Israel is preparing all sanctuary article, priestly robes, and has prepared building blocks for the new temple, made ready for the right time---coming soon, to rebuild the temple, where eventually King Jesus will rule from.

Zechariah 14 tells us we will celebrate the feasts days along with the sacrifices, these will both be reinstituted in the millennium.

Zechariah 14:16-18
16 In the end, the enemies of Jerusalem who survive the plague will go up to Jerusalem each year to worship the King, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, and to celebrate the Festival of Shelters. 17 Any nation in the world that refuses to come to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, will have no rain. 18 If the people of Egypt refuse to attend the festival, the Lord will punish them with the same plague that he sends on the other nations who refuse to go.

Read Ezekiel 44 to chapter 46:24 and see for yourself.

I go with revived eastern leg of the Roman empire. (islam). Not that I'm any finance wiz, but isn't Greece's status an unstable element of the EU? I think if the US economy fails, won't the EU and most of the west fail? @Major, I am curious and have respect for your opinion...why do you still think the EU will give rise to the beast's economic system? Cihina is now the #1 economic power. I dunno...I have a hard time thinking the AC will be an apostate Jew. I sorta think the AC will be born evil and have a hard time seeing someone who truly practices Judaism or Christianity for that matter, turning into the AC. They may pretend to be a Jew or Christian, I suppose. And I suppose I could buy a "secular Jew" which seems to be a popular phrase these days. Not trying to pick an argument - just wondering.

Excellent questions all. Remember Silk.......you are really asking the wrong person because I am just an ole county boy.
From my common sense and what I do know I would say this to you.

The USA has pretty much withdrawn from financial assistance to Greece so I do not think there would be much of a loss there.
But the real concern is that market speculation would then fall on the far larger economies of Spain and Italy are deep in the red and heavily dependent on credit markets to stay afloat. And their debts are held by Europe's big banks.

I do not accept the hysteria of USA failing economy.

Yes. I believe it because that is what I belive the Bible is telling us.
Rev. 17:12-13......."And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast."

Dan. 7:23-24........."Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings."

On the first of January, 1999, the Euro, and the European Monetary Union (EMU) were born. The Euro became the legal currency in eleven EU nations. These nations were Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain and Portugal. Greece joined the currency program on January 2, 2001.

The A/C will be a human being and will be born just like you and me, a sinner. I think he will be religious, able to understand and appreciate those of religious faith but will be overtaken and dominated by Satan hence the name BEASTI in fact believe he will be a "secular/pretending/Apostate" Jew. I have no way to prove this and no Bible verse as a basis, but it seems to me that he just might come up out of the area where so many other antichrists have come from....the Syrian/Lebanon area. That is the area where the family of Antiochus came from and no one did more damage than did that whole family to desecrate the Jews.

My personal thinking, is that there will be a 7 year Peace Treaty between Israel and the Revived Roman Empire and Israel according to Daniel. I just do not believe that Israel will side with or accept anyone or anything other that another Jew whether he religious or apostate. IMO a Jew would have the best opportunity to complete that 7 year peace agreement.

Consider how much President Nixon wanted to end the war in 1973 but it did not happen until Mr. Kissinger (A Jew) negotiated the agreement.

YES, there will be a temple.

Zechariah prophesies that the sacrificial system will be reinstated in the Millennium. That is why in these extremely late days, Israel is preparing all sanctuary article, priestly robes, and has prepared building blocks for the new temple, made ready for the right time---coming soon, to rebuild the temple, where eventually King Jesus will rule from.

Zechariah 14 tells us we will celebrate the feasts days along with the sacrifices, these will both be reinstituted in the millennium.

Zechariah 14:16-18
16 In the end, the enemies of Jerusalem who survive the plague will go up to Jerusalem each year to worship the King, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, and to celebrate the Festival of Shelters. 17 Any nation in the world that refuses to come to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, will have no rain. 18 If the people of Egypt refuse to attend the festival, the Lord will punish them with the same plague that he sends on the other nations who refuse to go.

Read Ezekiel 44 to chapter 46:24 and see for yourself.

Agreed!!!

Yea I did wonder about ezekiels temple who would build it, but then ezekiel reads sort like sci fi to me with all its wheels within wheels. It could be built by robots?

Major, a lot about what you say makes sense.
the middle east and Israel specifically is the centre of the earth - so to say. Everything revolves around that nation, and always has. The last conflict more so.
USA influence in the middle east has already died, they are out the picture so to say.
I also think the AC must be accepted in Jewish circle to establish himself in the new temple, and to be honest, I cannot see them accepting someone from Iran or Iraq at this point or the near future. Just on that point, has anyone looked at the new "go to guy" for Greece? Go check it out - interesting reading indeed.
A Jew fits the picture very well, but one that is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I think the 3rd Temple is built in the Tribulation....you can't have an abomination of desolation in it, without it. I don't see animal sacrifice (which Christ replaced) being done in the Millenial Kingdom.

Back