The Basics Of Overcoming Satan

Again brother angel is not pastor , if some have through "tradition" implied this as the meaning? I would challenge that tradition and that form of translation is what has perverted much of what these terms bishop-overseer really mean. As far as your right to call yourself a pastor, I have not challenged that nor would I. It seems you have spent much time affirming your calling in your own thoughts? And I see you use statements as the one I have highlighted... I cannot imagine what scriptures you have drawn this from? And the fact that a group approves a man or calls him by a title is of little value unless God has called that man? Again Paul never taught us to seek titles and such and he often belittled this sort of efforts by religious men. He himself limited his authority to that which God had put under him.

1Co 3:5 ¶ Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.

2Co 3:1 ¶ Do we begin again to commend ourselves? Or do we need, as some others, epistles of commendation to you or letters of commendation from you?

Ga 1:10 ¶ For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
Again Mistpa I think you're swerving off subject saying I'm belittling others, I'm merely pointing out your original statements again which were a little exaggeration of titles, again I've mearly shown you from scriptures that these were the ways of the original overseers in the church and it is good practice to take their mantle by identifying yourself as an overseer within the body of Christ. I think again there's some statements being made about the use of the word angels, again you will find in revelations that God was judging these churches, he couldn't have been judging his angels because they obey the Lord 100%. When you study the full church oversight ie Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastor-Teachers, Elders Deacons, workers of miracles.....only then can you formulate an answer toward the 7 churches. Examining the original Greek and taking into account the full doctrine of oversight is the only method to arrive at solid conclusions. Everything said with the best of intentions, blessings...

So do you believe God was judging angels in this passage? God's Angels are 100% obedient to God and not require any judgement. they are also genderless meaning they couldn't take a (goo-nay) wife. Concience has nothing at all to do with accurately understanding the scriptures.
No my friend the Angel represents that church.. if God had wanted to speak to the pastor he would have used that word... Are you sure Angels are all 100% obedient? But the point is useless to discuss, I do not accept your view, it really that simple.

I think Mitspa I wouldn't be quoting men in light of the superiority of the scriptures, Paul had to affirm his Apostleship to his readers more than once and at times Pastors have to exactly the same thing. We're under far more scrutiny being in a public role and we are called to be blameless, it's the only way we can "reproof, rebuke and exhort with all longsuffering and authority". Any individual who hears me preach never hear of me because I'm far too interested in them being blessed. I think maybe you're taking this line a little too far when the scriptures clearly show it's acceptable.

No my friend the Angel represents that church.. if God had wanted to speak to the pastor he would have used that word... Are you sure Angels are all 100% obedient? But the point is useless to discuss, I do not accept your view, it really that simple.
It's not really a view, upon examination of the text it shows us the description of his wife (goo-nay), the Angel can't have a wife and neither can the church which leaves only one individual, the Pastor but again maybe best we leave it at that in the bonds of love and respect....

Again Mistpa I think you're swerving off subject saying I'm belittling others, I'm merely pointing out your original statements again which were a little exaggeration of titles, again I've mearly shown you from scriptures that these were the ways of the original overseers in the church and it is good practice to take their mantle by identifying yourself as an overseer within the body of Christ. I think again there's some statements being made about the use of the word angels, again you will find in revelations that God was judging these churches, he couldn't have been judging his angels because they obey the Lord 100%. When you study the full church oversight ie Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastor-Teachers, Elders Deacons, workers of miracles.....only then can you formulate an answer toward the 7 churches. Examining the original Greek and taking into account the full doctrine of oversight is the only method to arrive at solid conclusions. Everything said with the best of intentions, blessings...
Look Steven, I did not want to offend you nor do I believe this conversation will bear any fruit, I disagree with your views on this topic but I agree with much of your doctrine and your other views that you have expressed. May God always bless you and your family. David

Look Steven, I did not want to offend you nor do I believe this conversation will bear any fruit, I disagree with your views on this topic but I agree with much of your doctrine and your other views that you have expressed. May God always bless you and your family. David

God bless you too, I realise messages are impersonal and we can all get a little excited and passionate but you seem to be one that I can say it's safe to get passionate with. I really do like you and I love your zeal for the Lord and I hope the more we get to know eachother, that we can really tear it up together and have some great times of fellowship. Blessings.....

Back