The Anti-Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dusty

I would recommend being more concerned about teaching those who haven't yet received Jesus Christ come in their flesh by His Holy Spirit, so that person won't be "anti" Christ anymore.
Putting it off into the future isn't scriptural, regardless of what wikipedia says. Neither does it save anyone. That is why the only description you read of antichrist was "present" when John wrote about it

This is just for us who are discussing the antichrist , SofJ ... and who's to say that I am not telling people about Christ . This is a Christian Site where we can discuss these issues . I am not teaching anything but am just discussing views that the OP started .

Did you read what I said above that we are in the last days and I for one know how important it is to tell others about Christ .

Dusty, don't fall for the modern day "futuristic" prophets. They'll rob you of the true meaning.

If a person does not contain the Risen Christ in their flesh, they are antichrist...

I am not falling for anything other than what the scripture says and scripture does talk about the antichrist . I am always cautious and what ever is said I do go to the Word of God as my absolute reference and confirmation.

I do not contain the risen Christ in my flesh but I do have the Holy Spirit and When Christ went to heaven He promised me the Comforter which is the Holy Spirit and He lives in me and I am also baptised in the Holy Spirit with evidence of tongues .

Talking about the Anti-Christ scares the jeeberz out of me....

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love

You have absolutely nothing to fear my dear in fact the oposite as you should be rejoicing as Jesus Christ will be coming back to take us to live with Him forever and ever . I am waiting for that day with great expectation . In fact I say, Come Lord Jesus come , I long to see you and to be with you .

This is just for us who are discussing the antichrist , SofJ ... and who's to say that I am not telling people about Christ . This is a Christian Site where we can discuss these issues . I am not teaching anything but am just discussing views that the OP started .

Did you read what I said above that we are in the last days and I for one know how important it is to tell others about Christ .

I am not falling for anything other than what the scripture says and scripture does talk about the antichrist . I am always cautious and what ever is said I do go to the Word of God as my absolute reference and confirmation.

I do not contain the risen Christ in my flesh but I do have the Holy Spirit and When Christ went to heaven He promised me the Comforter which is the Holy Spirit and He lives in me and I am also baptised in the Holy Spirit with evidence of tongues .

Hi Dusty,
The point I was hoping you would see is that there are no scriptures directing Christians to look at an "end-time" singular antichrist, that we need to have Christ in us as the Holy Spirit so that we ourselves are not antichrist. This message is given in Love. I do have the risen Christ in my flesh, those who don't are in fact antichrist, that is important to know. That is all :)
This is scripture, If you don't know it, ask, I'll show you :)
Blessings,
Son of Jesus

Hi Dusty,
The point I was hoping you would see is that there are no scriptures directing Christians to look at an "end-time" singular antichrist, that we need to have Christ in us as the Holy Spirit so that we ourselves are not antichrist. This message is given in Love. I do have the risen Christ in my flesh, those who don't are in fact antichrist, that is important to know. That is all :)
This is scripture, If you don't know it, ask, I'll show you :)
Blessings,
Son of Jesus

Hi Son ,

Yes I do understand where you are going with this and I thank you for your response . However I also believe we do need to know all that is written in the scriptures and in Revelation we are told about the end times and the antichrist and I do not want to have my head in the sand about it all and am not focusing my thoughts upon it but only remarking that we are in the end times and history is unfolding before our eyes . We need not be afraid but be rejoicing that Jesus Christ is coming back very soon . We know not the hour or the time but we must be prepared and ready and working for Him till He returns .

God bless.

Hi Son ,

Yes I do understand where you are going with this and I thank you for your response . However I also believe we do need to know all that is written in the scriptures and in Revelation we are told about the end times and the antichrist and I do not want to have my head in the sand about it all and am not focusing my thoughts upon it but only remarking that we are in the end times and history is unfolding before our eyes . We need not be afraid but be rejoicing that Jesus Christ is coming back very soon . We know not the hour or the time but we must be prepared and ready and working for Him till He returns .

God bless.

I agree with you Dusty.

We need not be fearful, but we do need to be informed.

Moderator comment

MODERATOR COMMENT on behalf of the CFS staff:

The CFS staff would like to remind participants taking part in this thread's discussions, that there are as many descriptions and ideas concerning 'antichrist' as there are Christian denominations. It is the hope of the CFS staff that no one in this thread criticizes others for their beliefs while supporting their own thoughts and ideas as superior to all others. It is getting very close to that level, and while the staff will go along with calm, non demeaning replies thoughts and ideas, we WILL pull the plug on this thread if any CFS Regulations are stepped on.

The full set of regulations can be found in the Forum Announcements at the very top of any main posting area. We thank you for your cooperation

MODERATOR COMMENT on behalf of the CFS staff:

The CFS staff would like to remind participants taking part in this thread's discussions, that there are as many descriptions and ideas concerning 'antichrist' as there are Christian denominations. It is the hope of the CFS staff that no one in this thread criticizes others for their beliefs while supporting their own thoughts and ideas as superior to all others. It is getting very close to that level, and while the staff will go along with calm, non demeaning replies thoughts and ideas, we WILL pull the plug on this thread if any CFS Regulations are stepped on.

The full set of regulations can be found in the Forum Announcements at the very top of any main posting area. We thank you for your cooperation

I am sorry if I offended anyone and sincerely apologize and have said all I have to say so will withdraw from this thread . Thanks to all and blessings.

The word antichrist only appears in the letters of John and nowhere else in the bible.

In context John is stating that anybody who denies that Jesus is the Christ, is of the antichrist.

He also states that those who deny that Jesus came in the flesh are also of the antichrist.

Antichrist means one who apposes or replaces Christ.

Islam fits this decription well as they deny Jesus is God (therefore denying He is the Messiah) and they state that Muhamed is greater than Jesus (therefore replacing Jesus).

There are other religions which do the same, atheism also claims the same. They deny Jesus Christ as God and they replace Him with evolution theory.

I think as Christians we face the spirit of antichrist on many sides. Our only defense is to diligently study the word of God, preach the gospel and wait patiently for the glorious return of our saviour Jesus Christ.

It is very difficult to decide when the antichrist will come or where he will come from. However; the 'antichrist' isnt really the correct title. An antichrist is a person who denies that Jesus Christ is the son of God (see scripture).

The beast is whom you are referring to who will rule for 42 months (Revelation 13:1). Furthermore, the beast is certainly nobody that is in plain sight as of right now. "And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea.." meaning he comes out of a sea of people, suddenly. "..And I saw another beast rising up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb." That is the false prophet who performs miracles in the prescence of the beast. The 'two horns like a lamb' part sounds alot like he may claim to be Jesus Christ, and of course, the Bible says that the Beast will say he is God. I believe it to be very possible that The Beast and the False Prophet will be a direct counterfeit fulfillment of prophecy of the final chapters of Revelation which refer to Gods coming kingdom on earth. I have alot more to say on this subject, feel free to message me about if if you would like to do so :)

It is very difficult to decide when the antichrist will come or where he will come from. However; the 'antichrist' isnt really the correct title. An antichrist is a person who denies that Jesus Christ is the son of God (see scripture).

The beast is whom you are referring to who will rule for 42 months (Revelation 13:1). Furthermore, the beast is certainly nobody that is in plain sight as of right now. "And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea.." meaning he comes out of a sea of people, suddenly. "..And I saw another beast rising up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb." That is the false prophet who performs miracles in the prescence of the beast. The 'two horns like a lamb' part sounds alot like he may claim to be Jesus Christ, and of course, the Bible says that the Beast will say he is God. I believe it to be very possible that The Beast and the False Prophet will be a direct counterfeit fulfillment of prophecy of the final chapters of Revelation which refer to Gods coming kingdom on earth. I have alot more to say on this subject, feel free to message me about if if you would like to do so :)
Go for it, tell us more.

I also find it very interesting that many muslims believe that the 12th imam mahdi (the islamic messiah) will return to earth with Jesus Christ upon which Jesus will cause everyone on earth to worship the mahdi. In the Quran, Jesus is known as 'the prophet isa'. Two horns like a lamb? The false prophet? The Prophet Isa'? Mahdi= beast? Very interesting I must say.

that is very interesting to note .

will the Anti- Christ have such power, that he will ever possibly get the muslims to give up the dome of the rock to Israel ?
the one who speaks as a dragon (saying peace) but there will be no peace is this the AC as well ?

Mr Curt, I agree with you completely that the term 'antichrist' is the incorrect label given to the beast. Although I do believe that the man of perdition, lawlessness or beast will be filled with the 'antichrist' spirit.

I read an interesting theory on the end times. We all know that Islam is growing rapidly, almost like a black cloud forming over the earth. For those who believe in the pre-trib rapture, when all the true christians are gone and the Holy Spirit is removed what will stop Islam from being the predominant and controling religion in the world? Nothing!

What will happen to those who are not raptured but still want to give their lives to Jesus, they will most probably be matyred for their beliefs.

Another version of this theory is a post trib theory where Christians are persecuted by the muslim takeover before Christ returns. We already see this happening in some muslim countries.

Time will tell. What worries me is that the Bible says that even the elect will be decieved. So this deception will not be easy to discern and will probably push us to the limits of our faith where we will have to decide truth and suffer the results, maybe even death or decide to follow the deception.

To bring this thread out of the futuristic ether and back to the reality of the meaning of "antichrist"...
this is what people should be asking about it...

Is Christ in you?

(Col 1:27) To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

IS HE IN YOUR FLESH?

(1Jn 4:3) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Do we DENY JESUS?

(Mat 26:22) And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?

(Mat 26:25) Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

(Mar 14:20) And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.

(1Jn 2:19) They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Antichrist are people who come out of christianity. That is fact.
They are those who do not contain Christ. That is fact.
Judas was certainly antichrist, was he not?

It is misleading to put "antichrist" into the future and in some other person.

We should be spending our time asking, "is it I"

Do I HAVE CHRIST IN MY FLESH?

We make the answer now.

Futurism is a religion of ...well, future speculation lol! forget it!

Son of Jesus

This is a What if Suggestion.

Jesus said in Matthew 24 to not be deceived about many things (that chapter was about things that must happen before the end of the world)

The Wikipedia reference someone posted said anti can also mean "in replace of"

If that is true Antichrist could literally mean "In replace of the Christ"

Which could refer to those people "in" the church who are false shepherds and false preachers and false prophets.

In Islam, there are a lot of Antichrist's with no doubt.

But should our concern be with them?

Or with those on our inside who are deceiving the church (knowingly or unknowingly)
End If

Also, someone mentioned beast of the sea above

Isaiah 28:10 (KJV)
10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

I'm no expert on prophecy. But this verse tells us that to understand it, we should look at other scriptures to help us understand what some words mean

and it says in 2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV to be consistent) that
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I just want to mention something here about the beast of the sea and beast of the earth (rather both coming out of the sea and earth)

Daniel 7:23 has the Angel telling Daniel the vision of four beasts (which is the same as the statue that Nebuchadnezzar saw)

23Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

The Angel said that the four beats are four kingdoms.

So could the beast coming out of the sea and the beast coming out of the earth actually be kingdoms?

since Revelation (apparently it has no at the end) has a lot prophetic symbols.

We should learn what they are before assuming we know the meaning

like sea (water) being told to John by an Angel in Revelation 17:15

15Then the angel said to me, "The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.

We can also know that if one thing in prophecy is in one book (say Ezekiel), it must have the same meaning as say (revelation, isaiah, Daniel, etc) if it is mentioned elsewhere. Otherwise it would contradict itself, or at least give one thing many meanings.

But I don't think God wants to confuse us, but for us to have knowledge (Hosea 6:6, Hosea 4:1, Hosea 4:6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back