That Guilty Feeling

That Guilty Feeling

I'd like to know what you think about feeling guilty. I thought to feel guilt from a sin you've comitted, or just something you've seen or even thought, was a healthy thing, like a small still voice telling you you need to address it.

But then, there's the verse, Romans 8:1 There is therfore NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus!

So, is guilt from the enemy, to make us feel like losers and trip us up? Make us start concentrating on our sins, and making us feel unworthy? Or is it a good thing? What say ye?

I believe guilt is from the enemy. The Holy Spirit will point out sin, Satan will accuse you of sin.

On a side note, I am not sure feeling unworthy is always a bad thing. It makes me that much more appreciative of God's love. There is a difference in my opinion of feeling guilty and feeling unworthy though.

Yup, guilt comes for satan . He wants to put us down and keep us there . And he will do it any way he can and find a weakness in us and creep in . He wants to make us feel low and have no self esteem . I know cause I have been there .

It can happen to any of us and therefore we must put on the whole armour of God to withstand the wiles of the devel .

Guilt can and will make a person loose out on the promises of God .

But praise God I have been freed from all guilt and the worst is when you put the guilt on yourself , thinking that you are a bad person and must have caused the other person to rise up in anger so forgiveness comes after the guilt as you for give the person , you also need to for give yourself and of course take it all to Christ who forgives and forgets.

Romans 8:1 (King James Version)

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in the Anointing of Jesus, who walk not in the flesh, but in the Spirit.

It should be noted that there is now no condemnation has conditions.

Those who walk in the Anointing of Jesus
Those who walk in the Spirit not in the flesh.

It is possible to be a Christian and not walk in the anointing. A Christian can easily walk in the flesh instead of in the Spirit.

When a Christian does not walk in the anointing, spirit led he/she can easily get into condemnation.
Get out of the Spirit, the anointing and you are getting out of the Light into the darkness. Thats where the monsters are. Guilt and condemnation for example.

Romans 8:1 Bible Commentary
1 John 4:18 Bible Commentary

God bless, hope you find those words encouraging

These commentaries give the impression that we automatically are walking in the anointing just because we are born again. That we are being Spirit led. Its my experience and learning that Nothing in our Christian walk is automatic. It all comes with conditions. We were saved because we chose to believe in our Jesus. We receive blessing, healing, deliverance etc by faith. Receive is an action word. If we did not receive a thing we would never have it. Receive it = take it. Walking in Christ (the anointing) is a thing we do by choice, obedience. Being Spirit led is again by obedience. We can choose to walk another way. We could walk in sin if we were stupid enough. We can choose to walk in darkness.

If God saved us, do we take praise and glory from it that He will not share with any man, or does that glory belong to God, and since we were created and exist for His good pleasure, and our chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever, doesn't it fit that we give Him the credit for the salvation that is from the Lord? Can our own right arm save us? Can we make a bird fly let alone create a new heart? If we honor God He will honor us. It is good for us to honor Him and bad for us to despise Him and His grace. We have a SOVEREIGN King who chooses to have mercy and did not die in vain to any extent. We all deserve hell, eternal life is a free gift, not of ourselves, but from the Author and Perfector of our faith, hence the measure of faith that was given to us. To God be all glory and praise and honor forever and ever amen.
John 6:44
Eph 2:1-2
Romans 14:23
Jonah 2:9
John 15:16
Romans 9:11-21
Acts 13:48
John 10:26
John 15:5
Eph 2:1-6
Acts 20:28
Matthew 26:28
Hebrews 7:26-27
John 6:37
Psalm 110:3
1 Corinthians 5:10
Acts 9:6
John 10:28
John 6:39
John 17:2
John 17:11-12
Romans 8:37-39
2 Timothy 1:12
2 Timothy 4:18
Philippians 1:6

If God saved us, do we take praise and glory from it that He will not share with any man, or does that glory belong to God, and since we were created and exist for His good pleasure, and our chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever, doesn't it fit that we give Him the credit for the salvation that is from the Lord? Can our own right arm save us? Can we make a bird fly let alone create a new heart? If we honor God He will honor us. It is good for us to honor Him and bad for us to despise Him and His grace. We have a SOVEREIGN King who chooses to have mercy and did not die in vain to any extent. We all deserve hell, eternal life is a free gift, not of ourselves, but from the Author and Perfector of our faiths, hence the measure of faith that was given to us. To God be all glory and praise and honor forever and ever amen.
John 6:44
Eph 2:1-2
Romans 14:23
Jonah 2:9
Romans 9:11-21
Acts 13:48
John 10:26
John 15:5
Eph 2:1-6
Acts 20:28
Matthew 26:28
Hebrews 7:26-27
John 6:37
Psalm 110:3
1 Corinthians 5:10
Acts 9:6
John 10:28
John 6:39
John 17:2
John 17:11-12
Romans 8:37-39
2 Timothy 1:12
2 Timothy 4:18
Philippians 1:6

Ok We are agreeing. All of these things depend on faith and obedience. We must walk in the anointing and in obedience to the Holy Spirit. If we do not we will not grow in Him We do have free choice. God gave us that too. :)

Read the scricptures for what they are, those show that God alone chooses, we respond to His call.

"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.

Ezekiel 36:25-27

"Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances."

Isaiah 42:8
Isaiah 2:17

"For by such grace you have been saved through faith. This does not come from you; it is the gift of God and not the result of works, to put a stop to all boasting." Ephesians 2:8-9

That Guilty Feeling can sometimes be your conscience responding to the gentle conviction of the Holy Spirit.

That Guilty Feeling can sometimes be your conscience responding to the gentle conviction of the Holy Spirit.

This is so true .

But sometimes when you are around someone who is not a Christian such as a spouse and you are trying so hard to be the example ( as in my former case ) , it is hard to understand why no matter how hard you try you are always put down and do not do things right . I know , I know, what you are all saying and unless you are in the situation it is easy to say there is therefore no condemnation . but if every day of your life satan throws up your past via the other person and that you are no good and cannot do anything right , It is not easy to live in that household .Satan knows how to get to the weak spots .

Now I know and understand more of what was going on and how the battle is the Lord's and is in the Heavenly relms. It was not coming from my spouse but from satan himself .

Praise God , I am free and He has set me free but low self esteme because of all was something that God showed me and I had to forgive myself , my ex and most of all understand that God forgave me . The guilt and shame are gone . Praise His name .

Try as I might Mom I have never been that good an example. I simply choose to openly admit my weakness and glory in His goodness and strength, that seems to have an impact. If Christ be lifted up He shall draw all men to Himself.:)

I'd like to know what you think about feeling guilty. I thought to feel guilt from a sin you've comitted, or just something you've seen or even thought, was a healthy thing, like a small still voice telling you you need to address it.

But then, there's the verse, Romans 8:1 There is therfore NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus!

So, is guilt from the enemy, to make us feel like losers and trip us up? Make us start concentrating on our sins, and making us feel unworthy? Or is it a good thing? What say ye?

Here's the simple way I look at it.

Guilt and condemnation are from the devil and are some of the 2 most powerful weapons he has against Christians. You see we love the Lord and we want to do the right thing, so when we keep the same wrong thing he starts whispering the lies.

Remorse and conviction come from the Lord. I believe He uses the feeling of remorse to make us aware of the mistake and prepare the heart for conviction which is the right tool for repentance. Here's the trick though. If you do repent sincerely, meaning you're not just sorry you got caught and keep making excuses, but actually regret your sin, whatever it might me and do your best to turn away from it, Jesus forgets it and it is removed never to be remembered against you again. So, if after you've done that you still feel guilty and still keep talking about it, that is definitely the devil! He's doing his best to try to keep you locked in guilt, especially if it is some sin that keeps repeating, a particular weakness in a particular area, and can actually be the very way he get's to not believe that you have been forgiven and cleansed and get you to do it again. That paradox that Paul was talking about, whatever I want to do I don't do and whatever I don't want to do I do, what is my problem?(Paraphrasing, of course...) Well satan knows our weaknesses and he pounds on those and I believe that that place where you are when you want to do the right thing, you strive for it, you pray and you still mess up get's so weary and painful that it's easy to give up on even trying to do the right thing. Satan knows that so he keeps pushing. The answer is to keep confessing and keep repenting and even, if it is a really week are, get someone you really trust involved, a person that can pray for you and with you and keep you acountable. It will, finally do away!

Well, a little long, but I hope it helped:)...

Laura:)

Back