Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

1Th 5:18 In everything give thanks: for This is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Giving thinks unto God is the will of God. When we think of saying thanks to a person it is because they have done something for us, or they have given something to us. We normally do not thank a person FIRST, and then they give us something, we thank them After something was given unto us.

When we find our self sometimes in difficult trials and tribulations we do not thank God for them, we thank him “In” them!! Thank him for what? There has to be something he has given us to be thankful for!! We thank the Lord for the power and the authority that he has already given to us to overcome anything that can come against us. We learn this from the scriptures, which means we need to know what the Lord God has already given unto us so we can be thankful, and thank him for them.

Giving “thanks” to God is our way of acknowledging him that we understand that every thing we have has come from him. The more we know from the scriptures what the Lord has already given unto us the more thankful we will be. The Bible is filled with promises, and all of these promises are already yes, and amen unto the Glory of God by us!!! (2 Cor 1:20) Contained within these promises are the things the Lord has already given unto us.

What kind of things has the Lord given to us that we can be thankful for?

2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power Hath given unto us all Things that pertain unto life and Godliness through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Everything that pertains to “life”, and “Godliness” That is everything,with nothing left out, which is why it says “ALL things”!!! He is not going to give us these things someday, we have them now!!! Why are we not experiencing them today? Because we don't believe we have them. We think it is still future tense!! How can a eternal God give us something tomorrow when there is no tomorrow in eternity? The only way he can do that is to give it to us from the beginning of creation, and then help us to see what these things are we already have through his promises!!

I need to learn how to be a “receiver” of what has already been given unto me. There is a giver (God), and there is a receiver (the Church). I can not receive what I already have except by “faith”, because faith believes it has already received when I prayed.

The Bible does not say, “all things you ask in prayer, you shall receive”. It says, “all things you ask in prayer “Believing” you shall receive”!! ( Matt 21:22) Believing what? Believing you have already received it!!

Mar 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, Believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

How can we ask in faith for something that we don't know we already have? We cant, which is why we need to know what the promises of God are that we already have, since faith comes by hearing the Word of God (promises). We can not be thankful for what we don't know was given to us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back