1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Terms Of Endearment

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by spunkycat08, Feb 23, 2014.

1. My husband and I are having a debate regarding the use of terms of endearment.

He uses terms of endearment with his female facebook friends because he wants his female friends to feel at home with him. He wants his female friends to feel that they can talk to him about almost anything. He wants his female friends to feel like they are family.

The tems of endearment he uses are...

hon
    darling
    sweetie
    and so on

I am the opposite. I just do not understand the need for that.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. First, pray about it. If your husband is over 60, I believe that's okay, otherwise, in today's society those words can mean other things. I'm not saying he's attempting those things, but you need to help him realize the pain he's causing you and to drop his pride. I love science fiction, so I bought all 10 years of Star Gate. Half way through season two my wife said she didn't like it and thought it wasn't a good show to be watching. I threw out the whole thing that day. Marriage is give and take. I look at like this:

1 Thessalonians 5:22 (KJV) Abstain from all appearance of evil.

3. First of all, I want to say that I think your husband has good intentions. He sounds like a friendly, gregarious extrovert. However, we all know that the "road to hell is paved with good intentions".

If I were you, I would read up on and speak with your husband about "emotional affairs". http://www.focusonthefamily.ca/marriage/infidelity/the-dangers-of-emotional-affairs

I'm not trying to say that he might be heading in this direction, but prevention is better than a cure, right?

Abdicate likes this.
  4. Great article! Thanks for sharing!

vengaturreino likes this.
  5. I have spoken to him about this.

We also have a joint Facebook page which I set up.

I decided that if I am tagged in a post of his on our joint Facebook page, I will reply with a term of endearment.

Several of his friends, male and female, are our Facebook friends.

Hopefully his female friends will take notice.

6. Bless you. Praying it all goes well :)

7. My husband and I have a joint Facebook page which I set up. He also has his own Facebook page. I have access to his Facebook wall through our joint Facebook page.

One particular post I saw which caused me to post this.

My husband posted this on his personal Facebook page, which I have access to.

my husband: off to work
    female friend of his whom he met several years ago at a different job: have a great day Charlie! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    my husband: thanks hon

I felt uncomfortable reading that post, & so I asked him about it.

His reply was this...

He uses terms of endearment with his female facebook friends because he wants his female friends to feel at home with him. He wants his female friends to feel that they can talk to him about almost anything. He wants his female friends to feel like they are family.