Television Exposed

70 hrs. a week???? Bless your heart...........feet and back as well!

I used to do that also.
Yes Major, it's very tiresome.
I am an engineer and a minister so I have two jobs to uphold.
Working for Jesus. :)

Not all television is bad. The problem today is that people are addicted to it and this is not healthy.
Television in moderation is good as its a stimulant.
For example: I work over 70 hours a week, thus television helps me relax along with the Bible, spending time with God etc.
If you don't like television fair enough, but people do (including believers and ministers).
Some churches use modern day technology too, such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Modern Gospel preaching. :)

Amen Brother Fish Amen -
People are careful to what they put into their mouth as far as food goes. I mean they will NOT eat green rotten meat or drink curdled milk - so if you use this same aspect with TV or movies or internet and music then these media outlets are no more bad for you then good food is good for you.

Its people who lack self control - not the tools
God Bless
Jim

Amen Brother Fish Amen -
People are careful to what they put into their mouth as far as food goes. I mean they will NOT eat green rotten meat or drink curdled milk - so if you use this same aspect with TV or movies or internet and music then these media outlets are no more bad for you then good food is good for you.

Its people who lack self control - not the tools
God Bless
Jim
You are 100% right, moderation is key, like food as you have said. :)

Jeremy Brett was awesome as Sherlock Holmes; a proper gentleman.

Agreed. I also liked both actors who played Watson in that one. I quite like the bumbling Bruce portrayal in the Rathbone films but I think both these actors made much more "credible" Watsons.

Reactions: /
Agreed. I also liked both actors who played Watson in that one. I quite like the bumbling Bruce portrayal in the Rathbone films but I think both these actors made much more "credible" Watsons.
What do you think of modern Cumberbatch?

What do you think of modern Cumberbatch?

I'm not sure I've seen any. Doubtless I'll catch them sometimes.

It's funny when we see the same person played by different actors. I'd probably pick Joan Hickson for Miss Marple. That's not to say though that I've not enjoyed Margaret Rutherford but I think that's classic of a different sort.

Reactions: /
Back