Tattoo First Timer Yet?

Although I have no desire for one myself, I know quite a few Christians who have used these symbols for tattoos. The ones I have seen are very small.

6de26149f7b77f5b8cc9565cf8f97b53_zps1042e15f.jpg

Although I have no desire for one myself, I know quite a few Christians who have used these symbols for tattoos. The ones I have seen are very small.

6de26149f7b77f5b8cc9565cf8f97b53_zps1042e15f.jpg

Hope: Well, thank-you, and this is very interesting.

I can see the Cross, and maybe also the Empty Tomb (if I'm not mistaken) and you are right that these when tattooed can be used by Christians as means to get talking to people, can't they?

Tattoos are very effective in this way, in fact.

What would the arrows signify?

Blessings.

Last edited:
First arrow--He came. Luke 2: 11 Why? John 1: 11-12
The Cross--He died. I Peter 2: 24 Why? Romans 3: 23
The empty tomb--He arose! Mark 16:6 Why? Romans 6: 23
Second arrow--He ascended. Acts 1: 9 Why? John 14: 3
Third arrow--He's coming back. Acts 1: 11 Why? Romans 10: 13

There you have it! The Good News in a nutshell (tattoo?) or handy little drawing to help you witness. My husband had these symbols carved into a stone which sits on our front porch. People are generally curious about symbols, I guess, because many people have asked what they mean. We happily explain. They were not our original idea, however. An elderly man in our church came up with them many years ago and has used them as witnessing illustrations for decades.

...I know quite a few Christians who have used these symbols for tattoos. ..

Hope:

PS: Maybe some of the tattooed Christians that you know who bear faith based designs are women?

because it's fair to say that tattoo equality has been attained by women and it's likely that increasingly Christian women also will be wishing to participate in the effective witness means through faith based designs, inked in various modest placements.

Blessings.

First arrow--He came. Luke 2: 11 Why? John 1: 11-12
The Cross--He died. I Peter 2: 24 Why? Romans 3: 23
The empty tomb--He arose! Mark 16:6 Why? Romans 6: 23
Second arrow--He ascended. Acts 1: 9 Why? John 14: 3
Third arrow--He's coming back. Acts 1: 11 Why? Romans 10: 13

There you have it! The Good News in a nutshell (tattoo?) or handy little drawing to help you witness. My husband had these symbols carved into a stone which sits on our front porch. People are generally curious about symbols, I guess, because many people have asked what they mean. We happily explain. They were not our original idea, however. An elderly man in our church came up with them many years ago and has used them as witnessing illustrations for decades.

Hope: Oh thanks a lot for this excellent Gospel explanation! :)

Very good!

And it can be used naturally either in a tattoo or by some other medium also.

Thinking about the arrows, they link in thematically with the arrow on your avatar, right?

Blessings.

Yes, I know at least two young women who have the symbols I mentioned above as tattoos. Both are great witnesses, but I'm not sure the tattoos have anything to do with it.

Yes, I know at least two young women who have the symbols I mentioned above as tattoos. Both are great witnesses, but I'm not sure the tattoos have anything to do with it.

Hope: Well, I'm sure that the young women you mention already had vibrant, joyful hearts before they desired the inking needle to tattoo them with those interesting witness symbols!

Sounds like those designs, effective in testimony, have been used by a lot of folk in your local church that are now tattooed with them, anyway.

Seems to me also that the wrist or lower arm would make a particularly good placement for the set of symbols that you reproduced, above, don't you think?

Blessings.

... I have no desire for one myself...

PS: Hope:

Oh it's only for those who personally really want to do it.

I did see this interesting extract:

' "..most of my clients are in the older bracket," Gallo-Kohlas told The Huffington Post. "We see a lot of women in their sixties and seventies getting their first tattoos." Gallo-Kohlas recalls a woman in her sixties who got a tattoo because everyone in the golf clique at her gated community had one. It seemed like the thing to do in order to fit in.' (source: laura stempler, huffintonpost dot com)

But there does need to be a strong personal motivation and I guess that with your family it would probably be either kids/grandkids that would be more likely to have it done.

Personally I think it's their potential for faith based designs that is the most significant; or stated differently, good if sanctified.

Blessings.

Even for those who want it (and we're not talking about the folk who don't!) getting the first tattoo can be both a bit of an anxious time, but also quietly exciting.

It's all sorts of people for many reasons that have it done, of course, many Christians included. From moms and grammas getting the dates of birth of their kids and grandkids, to young people willing and motivated to carry a faith challenging Bible ref. or Christian fish sign, planning the first one can be an emotional and maybe a bit of a scary time, too.

Any thoughts and observations from past tattoo first timers, or those wishing to be?

Blessings.
What is the view of Lev. 19:28.?

What is the view of Lev. 19:28.?

I'd love to hear Farouk's response too (I'm not answering for him), but I remember asking this question myself when my mom and sister each got their first tattoos. this verse is not binding upon Christians for the same reason that the verse “nor shall there come upon you a garment of cloth made of two kinds of stuff” (Leviticus 19:19) is not binding upon Christians. Rather it is a part of the ceremonial law that was binding upon the Jewish people but not binding upon Christians (except for when it coincides with the moral law).

What are your thoughts, Farouk, on Beagler's question?

Thank you for that. I presume you mean hurt mentally or physically.
What happens when God's Law conflicts with Moral Law?

Thank you for that. I presume you mean hurt mentally or physically.
What happens when God's Law conflicts with Moral Law?

I did use a physical example, but it's not limited to mental or physical, because of course we could break moral law when it comes to the metaphysical (if we get angry at God, if we reject God, etc).

Give me an example of what you mean by God's Law conflicting with Moral Law? Do you mean earthly moral law vs. spiritual moral law?

Jesus rebuked and chastised the "Religious Leaders" of his day and called them "Blind Guides" further He drove out the money changers and rebuked them physically. I would imagine they would have felt hurt both physically and mentally.

It is written, my house shall be a house of prayer.

Back