Tares among the wheat

Um, i dont understand what the difference is between the tribulation and THE tribulation. I dont know what bible you reading, but mine doesnt put it in caps like that.

This reminds me of another scripture when Jesus said to Peter satan was gonna sift him as wheat. And he said not to worry about it, cos Jesus knew Peter was WHEAT. sifting is not a pleasant process, but we all go through it. It kinda sounds like tribulation to me. Or turbulence.
When Euphemia mentioned 'Tribulation" she was speaking of the 7 year period of disasters, turmoil, and warfare called "The Tribulation". As opposed to the generic term "tribulation' which just means "troubles" in a general sense.
We all have tribulations, but whether or not a particular person lives through The Tribulation or not is a different issue.
Evangelicals assume that they will be "raptured" before The Tribulation.

Um, i dont understand what the difference is between the tribulation and THE tribulation. I dont know what bible you reading, but mine doesnt put it in caps like that.

This reminds me of another scripture when Jesus said to Peter satan was gonna sift him as wheat. And he said not to worry about it, cos Jesus knew Peter was WHEAT. sifting is not a pleasant process, but we all go through it. It kinda sounds like tribulation to me. Or turbulence.

Jesus puts a distinction on THE Tribulation over ordinary every day tribulation:

Matthew 24:21
For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

...and so did John under the inspiration of Holy Spirit:

Revelation 7:14
14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”

So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Oh ok. This must be new teaching. Scripture please. I know after each seven year period God gives us a jubilee. But each of us live in different countries with different circumstances. Maybe he was talking bout Israel back in the day.
I dont go to evangelical church and dont believe that premature rapture stuff. I believe in the resurrection.

Plus, many times ppl been through wars and disasters, like WWII which was devastating, Vietnam, chenobryl, earthquakes, floods, plagues, famines etc. I think..if we have Jesus, like the Israelites had the passover lamb, the angel of death gonna pass us by, like the 10 plagues. But thats not called a rapture. I believe Jesus gives us fortitude no matter what we faced with. Even if we die at hands of enemies, our soul is saved, so...not sure what this has to do with tares and wheat. tares are pulled out and burned, wheat is gathered into barns.

Maybe it means God is pulling out the tares and afterwards gathering the wheat for the harvest. It does say angels gonna reap with sickle. Ive never grown wheat so not sure what the process is.

Oh ok. This must be new teaching. Scripture please. I know after each seven year period God gives us a jubilee. But each of us live in different countries with different circumstances. Maybe he was talking bout Israel back in the day.
I dont go to evangelical church and dont believe that premature rapture stuff. I believe in the resurrection.

Plus, many times ppl been through wars and disasters, like WWII which was devastating, Vietnam, chenobryl, earthquakes, floods, plagues, famines etc. I think..if we have Jesus, like the Israelites had the passover lamb, the angel of death gonna pass us by, like the 10 plagues. But thats not called a rapture. I believe Jesus gives us fortitude no matter what we faced with. Even if we die at hands of enemies, our soul is saved, so...not sure what this has to do with tares and wheat. tares are pulled out and burned, wheat is gathered into barns.

Maybe it means God is pulling out the tares and afterwards gathering the wheat for the harvest. It does say angels gonna reap with sickle. Ive never grown wheat so not sure what the process is.

The resurrection IS the Rapture. All you need is to study God's word, prayerfully, instead of making flat denials. It is good to hunger after the word.

I will just past the parable so everyone can read what topic is about

Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. "But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away. "But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also. read more."The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?' "And he said to them, 'An enemy has done this!' The slaves said to him, 'Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?' "But he said, 'No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them. 'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'" - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Wheat#sthash.8wAdIrRG.dpuf

The resurrection IS the Rapture. All you need is to study God's word, prayerfully, instead of making flat denials. It is good to hunger after the word.
No, the "Rapture" is NOT the "Resurrection", at least not in mainstream Protestant belief.
According to most Protestants (your mileage may vary depending on denomination)
the "Rapture" occurs where are the good believers are lifted up into the sky to go to Heaven with Jesus
then there is the 7 years of nastiness called the "Tribulation"
then after Jesus returns you have the "Resurrection"

No, the "Rapture" is NOT the "Resurrection", at least not in mainstream Protestant belief.
According to most Protestants (your mileage may vary depending on denomination)
the "Rapture" occurs where are the good believers are lifted up into the sky to go to Heaven with Jesus
then there is the 7 years of nastiness called the "Tribulation"
then after Jesus returns you have the "Resurrection"

Yes, the Rapture is the first resurrection! What you are calling the Resurrection is what the bible calls the "second death", when all the wicked dead are resurrected to stand before God in judgment. Revelation 20:4-6

Last edited:
To be resurrected, first you need to be dead, the general belief is that those who get raptured are not dead to start with.

Yes, and those who are dead and outside of Christ will be resurrected to stand before the Great White Throne for the final judgment of God. There will be living people who will also stand before the GWT because they will come alive out of the Millennium as unbelievers.

The Rapture includes the dead in Christ as well as the living.

If you get raptured, like these people believe, you don't have to worry about 7 years. What are you gonna be doing in those 7 years. Are you then gonna come back down to earth? What about the dead rising? Bible says the dead will rise first. That theology doesn't make sense.
Sorry, not buying it.

Matthew 13:24-30King James Version (KJV)
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Yes, and those who are dead and outside of Christ will be resurrected to stand before the Great White Throne for the final judgment of God. There will be living people who will also stand before the GWT because they will come alive out of the Millennium as unbelievers.

The Rapture includes the dead in Christ as well as the living.
The Throne Judgement is after the Millenium. You left a thousands years out of your schedule.

I don't have a schedule. sorry not sure what you talking about. Topic is wheat and tares. Please stick to topic.
first you start saying 7 years, then you start saying a thousand.
Get it right.
There is thousand years reign with Jesus, not 1007.

If you get raptured, like these people believe, you don't have to worry about 7 years. What are you gonna be doing in those 7 years. Are you then gonna come back down to earth? What about the dead rising? Bible says the dead will rise first. That theology doesn't make sense.
Sorry, not buying it.

What about the dead rising? The dead in Christ will rise first, a split second before the living will also rise and all will be changed to glorified bodies (like Jesus) and we will go to the heavenly Kingdom with Him. The bible teaches that during those seven years, the Bride of Christ will experience the Bema Seat Judgment of Christ, and will receive her rewards and crowns, and will be enjoying her wedding feast. At the end of the seven years, Jesus the King will ride to earth with the Redeemed with Him and we will be with Him to establish His Millennial Kingdom.

That you cannot make head nor tails out of this, only shows you need to truly study the word. Nevertheless, it has no bearing on ones' salvation or walk with God if you cannot receive these things.

Back