Talking To Myself...

Listening to this song below, from Johnny Cash, brought to mind a thought that I'd like to share with you.

What occurred to me was the question, "Would there have been value in my going back in time to talk with my younger self, therefore sharing some wisdom with that younger man?"

Upon reflection, it became glaringly clear to me that, no, like everyone else, I had to get to where I am now by stumbling through all my stupid mistakes in life, as well as the successes, the joys, the sorrows, the classes and the life lessons...it all fed into where I am now.

This song made me think about how worthless and vain it all is...the possessions we all have of things.

It made me think about people, the very ones the Lord cares for the most.

You all are precious, having been made by a Glorious Lord who is above all. THAT is praiseworthy! HE is praiseworthy, our Lord, Savior, King, our God!

Amen

What occurred to me was the question, "Would there have been value in my going back in time to talk with my younger self, therefore sharing some wisdom with that younger man
I have heard these kinds of questions in my brothers philosophical circles in the past when he would come home from uni with all sorts of exquisite questions that baffled my mind. They are humorous now because we think if we could have time travelled back in time and actually had an answer based of our future self we think we would have hit a jackpot and we would not be as jaded.

But like you said Musicmaster, we have no idea what will happen in our lives regardless of any new wisdom we may possess. The wisdom books of the Old Testament ( proverbs, job and ecclesiastical works) are not sound proof because we could just as well fall down a ditch after avoiding a bad marriage that we can clearly see. And since you ended upon right here;- I knew you had it covered šŸ˜‡

You all are precious, having been made by a Glorious Lord who is above all. THAT is praiseworthy! HE is praiseworthy, our Lord, Savior, King, our God!

Merry Christmas to you MM and your family, brother.

Listening to this song below, from Johnny Cash, brought to mind a thought that I'd like to share with you. What occurred to me was the question, "Would there have been value in my going back in time to talk with my younger self, therefore sharing some wisdom with that younger man?" Upon reflection, it became glaringly clear to me that, no, like everyone else, I had to get to where I am now by stumbling through all my stupid mistakes in life, as well as the successes, the joys, the sorrows, the classes and the life lessons...it all fed into where I am now. This song made me think about how worthless and vain it all is...the possessions we all have of things. It made me think about people, the very ones the Lord cares for the most. You all are precious, having been made by a Glorious Lord who is above all. THAT is praiseworthy! HE is praiseworthy, our Lord, Savior, King, our God!
Amen

Hey Musicmaster;

I grew up watching and listening to Johnny Cash on TV and radio, but was never really a fan. I do remember listening to A Boy Named Sue when he performed at San Quentin on my side of the country. Now that song got my attention.

After reading your thread and listening to Johnny Cash's Hurt, the message tied in together.

Had I second guessed the story in my life and how things could have been different, there would have been other circumstances arise in place of the first story.

God bless you, brother, and enjoy the Christmas week with your family.

What occurred to me was the question, "Would there have been value in my going back in time to talk with my younger self, therefore sharing some wisdom with that younger man?"
Question is....Would you have listened to yourself? I would not have most likely. Too head-strong.

Question is....Would you have listened to yourself? I would not have most likely. Too head-strong.

That's a good question, BM. Hmm. You know, had I met my older self back then, I was the type of fella I would likely have given it all some seriously deep thought, and made some mental adjustments on what I knew would be some bad decisions...but, like I had said, the best course is always the Lord's chosen course in that we do not have time travel, and so this is not really a serious thought.

What I mean by that is, given the absolute and perfect benevolence of the Lord and His Nature, I would not want to go back and change one thing if it meant that I would then alter where I am right now...given that the Lord knew from before creation this very moment, who you are, and I am, who and where we ALL are in this moment.

It's therefore a wonderful blessing that mankind doesn't have the ability to travel through time, even though many Bollywood movies depict that very power in the hands of men, making it a thing of entertainment. It's actually a serious course in a belief system, especially that involving the Lord and His perfect ways.

Amen

MM

If you did listen to yourself, you would fundamentally be a different person since the person you are today is the product of all previous personal experiences, both good and bad. If those experiences were altered or absent, you would no longer be you.

If you did listen to yourself, you would fundamentally be a different person since the person you are today is the product of all previous personal experiences, both good and bad. If those experiences were altered or absent, you would no longer be you.

That's almost right out of the counseling textbook. Did you take counseling coursework at some time in the past?

MM

That would be true, but you wouldn't be cognizant of the differences you were making. You would still think you were still you, even though fundamentally you were not you anymore. (Overuse of you's) :cool:

That would be true, but you wouldn't be cognizant of the differences you were making. You would still think you were still you, even though fundamentally you were not you anymore. (Overuse of you's) :cool:
I am noticing a TREND..... people are FUNNY today... I have to say this.... I have wanted to say this for a very long time..... Every time I see your name... I think you are from Canada ( as though Canada is the ONLY place that have moose ). Your name makes me smile. There... I said it.... FINALLY. I feel so much better now.

I am noticing a TREND..... people are FUNNY today... I have to say this.... I have wanted to say this for a very long time..... Every time I see your name... I think you are from Canada ( as though Canada is the ONLY place that have moose ). Your name makes me smile. There... I said it.... FINALLY. I feel so much better now.
No, I'm not from Canada. Pennsylvania. I'm glad my name gives you a smile. It is just my nick name in High School. But now, my wife says that I "Moose Blam" things around the house. I think she believes I don't pay enough attention to where I'm going. I on the other hand, think we have too much "stuff" cluttering the house! :rolleyes: :whistle:

Back