Take a break, Bible time

Discussion in 'Humor' started by JG27_chili, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Least in the kingdom

I may not agree with you… I think the “humor” in this thread is funny.
    But I do admire your intestinal fortitude to stand up and say what you believe to be true in your heart.
    And for that, I give you respect.
    I will not talk down to you, or about you.

God bless
    Dean

2. LAUGHS FROM THE BOOK OF
    PARABLES J
    The Bible may be the world’s best seller, but isn’t necessarily always the world’s best-studied book. People get biblical knowledge mixed up, as this story shows: A freshman entering Bible College was asked what part of the Bible he liked best. Well, I like the New Testament best," he answered What book do you like in the New Testament?’ the interviewer wanted to know Oh, by far, I like the Book of Parables best," the freshman replied. Would you kindly relate one of those parables to me?’ the interviewer asked. The freshman complied, saying
    Once upon a time, a man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho
    and fell among thieves. And the thorns grew up and choked that ".
    man. And he went on and met the Queen of Sheba and she gave ‘".
    that men a thousand talents of gold and silver and a hundred "
    , changes of raiment. And he got in his chariot and drove furiously, and as he was driving under a big tree his hair got caught in a limb and left him hanging there.
    "And he hung there many days and many nights and the ravens brought him for to eat and water to drink. And one night while he was hanging there asleep, his wife,Delilah, came slong and cut off his hair. And he dropped and fell on stony ground. And it began to rain, and it rained forty days and forty nights. And he hid himself in a cave. And he went out and met a man and said "Come and take supper with me in my cave". But the man answered, "I cannot for I have married a wife". And the cave dweller went out into the highways and byways and compelled people to come in.
    "And he went on and came to Jericho and he saw Queen Jezebel sitting high up in a window and when she saw him she laughed. And he said,"throw her down". He said, "Throw her down’again. And they threw her down seventy times seven. And of the fragments they picked up twelve baskets. And now, what I want to know is, Whose wife will she be on the day of resurrection?"
    The hapless freshman’s biblical confusion might make us smile; and it might remind some of us how we’ve gotten certain biblical concepts a little twisted around ourselves.

3. Hey .... I just saw the topic here that Chili put up . It says ....

"TAKE A BREAK " .... Need I say any more.:israel::israel::israel:

4. O my Lord what have I done? I posted a joke that you blessed. You gave us a sense of humor as YOU have. YOU created us in your image. Please forgive me if I have offended my bros/sis' I prayed over this joke and Jesus said it was ok! It is taking no offense to HIM. So Jesus said "take a break" and chili out. It's all good man. I love you. God Bless you.

Chili out.

5. Chili .... Don't worry man you have done nothing wrong . It seems some people just want to take things out of context and cannot chill out and take a break . But I would say to them .. Too bad . This is the joke section and we all deserve to laugh .

What would this world be if we could not laugh .

As far as I am concerned Chili .... You rock .

[​IMG]

6. The joke was funny and not at all offensive! Unfortunately some "Christians" get offended if someone even dares to crack a smile! However, that is their problem and they have to deal with it with Jesus! Please continue to post funny things Chili! We need a good laugh ever once in a while!

Laura:)