Sympathy for Israel

Reveleation says those who keep the commandments of God and have not defiled themselves with women..virgins. Remember Jesus was a virgin.
Why would God want 144,000 and only men? Christians are not required to keep chaste in such a strict way. We are free to marry in the Lord. Why are these people set apart? They are the remnant.

Christians have two commandments, wheras israelites have like 500 odd.

These Jews will be servants of Jesus Christ...so Jewish and Christian. They will be for the the saving of all of Israel during the Tribulation era, which is actually going to be just like it was for Israel before the Messiah came---Law.

Heh, my title was a bit misleading there. But I want to discuss how you guys feel about having extra sympathy for Israel, since they were God's chosen ones in the past. Here is what I have to say:
I believe that we should love all, including Israelites, but I believe that we should not have any extra sympathy for them.
They got taken over many, many times, and they are now a burden to the nations and kind of ridiculed. God said that if they fell away from Him, He would punish then, which He did. I believe that they are now just like any other country, nothing special. I also believe that modern day Israel is not the same as ancient Israel. But it wouldn't even matter, because modern Israel STILL hates God.

What are your thoughts?

Staff Edit - Refer to the rules before posting.
I see Israel as a nation reflect the life of a normal believer.. Chosen by God.. Keeps falling away and makes wrong decisions.. Stays away from God.. Faces persecution.. All through this, God never leaves them.. Instead keeps on showering His blessing.. And says if anyone curses Israel, He would also curse them!

Back