SURRENDER

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Bruce Larson, in Believe and belong, tells how he helped people struggle to surrender their lives to Christ:

For many years I worked in New York City and counseled at my office any number of people who were wrestling with this yes-or-no decision. Often I would suggest they walk with me from my office down to the RCA Building on Fifth Avenue. In the entrance of that building is a gigantic statue of Atlas, a beautifully proportioned man who, with all his muscles straining, is holding the world upon his shoulders. There he is, the most powerfully build man in the world, and he can barely stand up under this burden. "Now that's one way to live," I would point out to my companion, "trying to carry the world on your shoulders. But now come across the street with me."

On the other side of Fifth Avenue is Saint Patrick's Cathedral, and there behind the high altar is a little shrine of the boy Jesus, perhaps eight or nine years old, and with no effort he is holding the world in one hand. my point was illustrated graphically.
We have a choice. We can carry the world on our shoulders, or we can say, "I give up, Lord; here's my life. I give you my world, the whole world."

Burden, Rest

Heb 4:11 (KJV)
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.​

Back