Sunday School - May 3, 2009

Sunday School - May 3, 2009

A desired goal without a plan, by any standard, is a successful plan of failure. Even a bad plan is better than no plan, for such will hasten failure and provide valuable experiences for developing a better plan. Such is what corporate America calls “Research and Development” and such are the “trials and errors” made by many to attain their desired goals. Jesus admonished us that a plan that lacks due diligence, may only achieve mockery; but a plan that diligently seeks Him first is assured a worthy goal.

Luke 14:28-30. For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

Matthew 7:7-8. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

All things discovered in our planned pursuits are only former mysteries revealed to us by God, for all that we achieve by plan (desire, trial and error) is that which God has predestined. Our God is a God of providence, a God who plans not, but predestine; A God who knows the end from the beginning.

Isaiah 46:9-10. Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

If God knows all from the beginning to the end and all that is done is after the counsel of God’s own will, our plan is assured success if our will (goal) is God’s will. When our goals are consistent with God’s will, that which He has predestined leaves us not in a conundrum, but evokes our endless praise to a God that is in control of all things. A God that controls all things provides both comforts and assurance to all who follows Him; such is an assurance that transcends the best of plans.

Psalms 37:4. Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

This week's lesson is from the book of Ephesians. For those who follow the International Sunday School Lesson Plan (aka: The Standard Sunday School Lesson), this Sunday's lesson (May 3, 2009) comes from Ephesians 1:3-14.

This lesson begins with the Apostle Paul giving a doxology in praise to God for all spiritual blessings He has giving through Christ. A glorious blessing given by God, who has chosen us in eternity past that we should be holy and without blame before Him, in love through His son Jesus. Having predestinated us to be as adopted children in Jesus to Himself; an election not due to our merits or virtues, but according to the good pleasure of God’s will.

Romans 9:15-16. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

If in us, there is no satisfactory work of redemption, we must seek God’s wisdom with prudence, and request the pleasure of His good will.

John 3:15-16. That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

In Christ we have obtained an inheritance, not given to us by chance or lot, but predestinated according to the sovereign will of God. A God of the beginning and the ending (Revelation 1:8); A God who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will (Ephesians 1:11); A God who knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10).

That which was in pastime a mystery, God has now made known, that in the fullness of time he will gather together all things in Christ, both on Earth and in Heaven. Such was once a mystery but now has been revealed; for now, we are left with the Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the final day of redemption.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22. Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

If you are not a typical Sunday School attendee, Go and surprise the teacher. If your Church does not follow the Standard Sunday School Lesson and you are not aware of the topic of discussion, take on the attitude of "positive anticipation". I am sure you will like it; there is nothing like reading and discussing God's Word.

FYI: Sunday School is not just for Kids, it is also for the Humble (those with plans to seek Him who predestine) at heart.

Good Day and God Bless

The doctrine of election and predestination may be confusing, yet it is Biblical Fact. We only need to understand our part and leave God’s part to God.

God’s Part is Done – He has chosen His Elect​

Ephesians 1:4-6. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Romans 8:29-30 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

This is our part

Romans 10:9-11. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Who are the Elect (those that are predestine by God)? Whosoever Believeth!​

John 3:15-16. That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

FYI, Scripture does not list the names written in “the Lamb's book of life”; thus, we need to live life worthy to be listed into, not as if we have seen our names posted therein. The Bible teaches us to endure and continue to check & verify our salvation, not to freely sin under the assumption that we are saved: Matthew 24:13, Galatians 6:9, Hebrews 3:6, Matthew 7:16, 2 Corinthians 13:5, 2 Peter 1:10-11.

:israel:God can keep us …Only if he Has US

Good Day and God Bless

Back