1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday School lesson: Apostles and Daesh

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Flavio, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Ok I just had this idea for a Sunday School lesson: the apostles of Jesus.

I'd like to focus on the book of Acts, St Paul and speak about the persecution of the apostles.

Maybe I could mention that the persecution of Christians hasn't stopped and I could even mention Daesh. Is this too controversial for Sunday School?

I know there's a board game based on the apostles and it seems interesting: it's called Commissioned. Has anyone tried it? Is there a Portuguese version?

2. I'm having second thoughts about this. Even the deaths of the apostles were too brutal...

JG27_chili likes this.
  3. I believe there was a tv series on this subject called A.D. Was it any good? Can I get it online?

4. Ok I've decided to abandon this subject, it's a terrible idea and they are too young to be talking about Daesh and religious violence.