#suchisforgiveness

Been out all day but I was led to share this Word from 2 Corinthians 2, on forgiveness, for whoever has an ear to hear it...

Paul talks about forgiveness in 2 Corinthians 2, an extremely hard lesson to teach, an even harder lesson to learn and an even the more harder one to practice. Sometimes, very often, people do things, just wrong. There is no way on God's green earth to justify what was said or done. But there is a peace that floods your soul when you forgive, TRULY forgive and wipe the slate clean of what transpired. Now I am in no way suggesting that anyone does that, friends and family, as there are quite a few who I have spoken with about this issue, but I do want you to consider the Word, (but don't kill the messenger, this came to me first so I am talking to myself, too, especially concerning the man who killed Joseph)... the person(s) who have done us wrong are suffering so much more than you are. They have strife in their lives, there is no peace in their homes, no stillness in their heart. They are bitter. They are ungrateful and cannot walk in Truth. Because they do not walk in love. God's unrequited, agape love. But you, as a child of God, have in your hands the power to not only set them free, but yourself. When you forgive you release all the energy that has been designed to bring you down. Paul writes in the Bible and this I know, personally, "For if I cause you pain, who is there to make me glad but the one whom I have pained?" What Paul was saying, if I KNOWINGLY hurt anyone, only that person that I hurt can tell me it's okay and make my heart glad. Certainly, you are not responsible for someone else's happiness, but you are responsible for yours. And you cannot truly have a heart FULL of peace, if a piece has been trimmed away. Forgive them. For you. You don't have to forget. You don't have to speak to the person(s) ever again, but you can yet forgive them. Release them. Just say, "I forgive you." You don't even have to say it to them. Just say it. Aloud. So your spirit man can hear it. Just start there. One day, one hour, one moment at a time. Three simple words.... "I forgive you." One day you will find that you have. And when you think about the person or the issue, you won't cringe anymore, or get upset, or change facial expressions, or any of those things. And as the Scripture continues (not me), "I wrote to you out of much affliction and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to cause you pain but to let you know the abundant love that I have for you. Now if anyone has caused pain, he has caused it not to me, but in some measure—not to put it too severely—to all of you. For such a one, this punishment by the majority is enough, so you should rather turn to forgive and comfort him, or he may be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. So I beg you to reaffirm your love for him. For this is why I wrote, that I might test you and know whether you are obedient in everything. Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. Indeed, what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ, so that we would not be outwitted by the enemy of our souls; for we are not ignorant of his devices." He uses ANY thing and EVERY body. Tell that devil... not you. Not today. #suchisforgiveness#andlove#andmercy

Back