Study of Mark 11:24 and Effectual Prayers

Hi brother Penion. You are asking about James 5:
16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
I don't know if fervent is as much urgency as it is full of passion or intensity. I think of it as "not giving up".
This reminds me of Jesus' parable of the persistent widow.

1 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, 2 saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. 3 Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ 4 And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’”
6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

I always had trouble with this parable. Was Jesus just saying don't give up praying just because God doesn't take action on it right away? Seems so with the "cry out day and night" and the starting out with "don't lose heart".
It seems we need patient praying with faith and passion.

The James passage is fixed in context with healing mixed with being truthful. Let your "yes" be yes and your "no" be no, and also confess your trespasses to each other. Honesty is something we need to include for effectual prayer.
Verse 15 - And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
Speaking of saving the sick, we have to be careful not to blame sickness on sin in every circumstance. Here we see "And IF he has committed sins...", the sickness may not be the result of sin.

Effectual prayer is an honest, passionate and faithful prayer, baring your soul to God and your brothers in Christ. How will they know what to pray for if they are unaware of the need?
Penion, thank you for the nudge to look into this. I needed it.

Thank you, Moose, for being so thorough and transparent!

For myself, when I trust God to answer a prayer, sometimes I say "if it's your will, Lord." In James it says that we're just a mist appearing for a little while and then disappearing. It's not hesitating to ask if it's the Lord's will. After all, Jesus said this in Gethsemane. Bless you brothers!

After all, Jesus said this in Gethsemane. Bless you brothers!
Thank you for your kindness Brother.
"if it is Your will, Lord, take this cup from me", really struck me in your post just now. Did He not know God's will? Or was He saying, "If there is another way to do this...". He knew the Father's will throughout His ministry, so.....
His human-ness really came out in the Garden.

I guess I'm just a numb-skull. Could you explain this with more detail? Thanking you in advance!
Hello Penion,
Nah it might just be what ever you are using to view the forum, for it might not show all the numbers and such. Any way I thought since you were having trouble getting to it I would bring it to you....so here it is....
God Bless My Friend
Jim

Hello Every One,
I left off with talking about how Love and Forgiveness is a command and it pleases the Father. In this section I want to bring up a few area's of Love and Forgiveness and how they play into your Prayer life which stems from the original post ......Mark 11:24

Ephesians 4:29-32
29... Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister Grace unto the hearers.
30... And Grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31...Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamour and evil speaking, be put away from you with all malice.
32... And be ye kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, EVEN AS GOD for Christ sake hath forgiven you.

First Notice in V 31......be put away from you... ( You Put It Away )
This tells us that we have something to do here. It is up to us to change this type of actions within us.

It can also be said that evil speaking is speech that corrupts Love and Faith words. They are Blessing Blockers or Prayer Robbers. These are words and actions OPPOSED to the Written Word Of God. It is of kingdom Law or the way we are to operate once we get into this Kingdom of God. We can NOT change this for God put this into effect and so it is simply how it works.

Ephesians 5:1-2( 32 & 2 )
1... Be ye then FOLLOWERS of God, as dear children;
2... And WALK IN LOVE AS CHRIST has also loved us; and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour.

Look at V 32 and V2
32 says forgive one another EVEN AS GOD has forgiven you
2 says Walk in LOVE AS or EVEN AS Christ has also loved us

We see here that this is very important in our prayer life and our very walk in Christ. We see here that we not only have to walk in love which means LOVE even as Jesus LOVES......

Now you add Forgive EVEN AS GOD forgives....This is very serious stuff here. Now we see that it is a command to Love and Forgive and we know when we live like this it ALWAYS PLEASING UNTO THE FATHER.

Ok now lets look at this scripture

Galatians 5:6
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything nor uncircumcicion; BUT FAITH WHICH WORKETH BY LOVE.

Now in this scripture we see that Faith Worketh By Love.
So now even our Faith is effected by Love and we know that Love and Forgiveness work together so un-forgiveness and not walking in Love is going to hinder our faith.

If these things hinder our Faith then it is sure to hinder our Prayer Life and if our Prayer life is hindered then the results we desire when we pray are hindered too.

I said this because it is pointless to blame God or say it must not be His will for me when we do not see the answers to our prayers. No my Brothers and Sisters for we already learned that ... 1 John 5:14-15Tells us

14... And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us
15... And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have "the petitions" that we desire of Him.

So now we know that if our prayer life is not bringing the results desired then it is NOT Gods doing but our own. It is always on our END and not on Gods side of things. We need to go to Him and seek Him and find out what it is that is hindering our prayer life.

Once we find out then repent of it or turn to God and His ways and fix it and more times then none it is something little and easy that just has things all bottle necked up and will begin to flow correctly once you chasnge what ever he showed you to do.

It can be as simpler as a grudge that you are hold.......forgive and love and open the flow of His love and provision once again.

Now look at .... 1JOHN 4:18
There is NO FEAR in LOVE; BUT perfect or PERFECTED LOVE CASTETH OUT ALL FEAR. we just need some more perfecting ......His word perfective much.

The way to perfect His love in us is to practice loving and Forgiving every one.. Spend quality time seek Him in His word. Study about Gods love and meditate on the scriptures telling us how to love. You can not spend time with His word and not learn to Love.

One last one for today........Look at Mark 11:25
We will see here that once again we are commanded to forgive if we want to walk in His word or in this Kingdom in victory.

Mark 11:25
And when ye stand praying, FORGIVE if ye have AUGHT against any; that your Father also which is in Heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

So we can clearly see here a big problem called AUGHT OR UN-FORGIVENESS.

I have heard more times then none some one saying if you only knew what they did to me you would not be saying I have to forgive them or some day I will be able to forgive them but they do not have any remorse for what thery did.

Come on now.........you gonna tell me you can stand praying for the next however many days, weeks or years until you feel it is ok to forgive them ?
It says forgive ANY AUGHT which means no matter what has been done.
This is a COMMANDMENT not a if you want to type of thing. This says Right Now and Right Here any and all un-forgiveness must end.

NOW THAT THE FACT IT IS SPOKEN IN YOUR PRAYING.......
It must be something important concerning your praying. What would be affected by this?
Answers - Results - Effectiveness of your Prayers.

So now that we have learned this it is time to stop blaming God for not answering you or claiming it must not be His will for me or for them.
No own up to it and find out where you are missing it BECAUSE this is NOT a no fault religion, OUR Christ Bought Salvation - It is Kingdom Law or the Way His Kingdom Operates

Thank You for participating in this section of the study of Mark 11:24and Effectual Prayers
God Bless and Love in Christ
Jim

I guess I'm just a numb-skull. Could you explain this with more detail? Thanking you in advance!

I just wanted to tell you that you are not a numb-skull! You are a blessed man of God with the mind of Christ....and God loves you more than you could ever ask or think! Sometimes we have concept, but the enemy tries to get us to speak bad about ourselves, and cause confusion.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!

I just wanted to tell you that you are not a numb-skull! You are a blessed man of God with the mind of Christ....and God loves you more than you could ever ask or think! Sometimes we have concept, but the enemy tries to get us to speak bad about ourselves, and cause confusion.

I second this and say AMEN !!

Hello Penion,
Nah it might just be what ever you are using to view the forum, for it might not show all the numbers and such. Any way I thought since you were having trouble getting to it I would bring it to you....so here it is....
God Bless My Friend
Jim

Hello Every One,
I left off with talking about how Love and Forgiveness is a command and it pleases the Father. In this section I want to bring up a few area's of Love and Forgiveness and how they play into your Prayer life which stems from the original post ......Mark 11:24

Ephesians 4:29-32
29... Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister Grace unto the hearers.
30... And Grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31...Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamour and evil speaking, be put away from you with all malice.
32... And be ye kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, EVEN AS GOD for Christ sake hath forgiven you.

First Notice in V 31......be put away from you... ( You Put It Away )
This tells us that we have something to do here. It is up to us to change this type of actions within us.

It can also be said that evil speaking is speech that corrupts Love and Faith words. They are Blessing Blockers or Prayer Robbers. These are words and actions OPPOSED to the Written Word Of God. It is of kingdom Law or the way we are to operate once we get into this Kingdom of God. We can NOT change this for God put this into effect and so it is simply how it works.

Ephesians 5:1-2( 32 & 2 )
1... Be ye then FOLLOWERS of God, as dear children;

2... And WALK IN LOVE AS CHRIST has also loved us; and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour.

Look at V 32 and V2
32 says forgive one another EVEN AS GOD has forgiven you
2 says Walk in LOVE AS or EVEN AS Christ has also loved us

We see here that this is very important in our prayer life and our very walk in Christ. We see here that we not only have to walk in love which means LOVE even as Jesus LOVES......

Now you add Forgive EVEN AS GOD forgives....This is very serious stuff here. Now we see that it is a command to Love and Forgive and we know when we live like this it ALWAYS PLEASING UNTO THE FATHER.

Ok now lets look at this scripture

Galatians 5:6
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything nor uncircumcicion; BUT FAITH WHICH WORKETH BY LOVE.

Now in this scripture we see that Faith Worketh By Love.
So now even our Faith is effected by Love and we know that Love and Forgiveness work together so un-forgiveness and not walking in Love is going to hinder our faith.

If these things hinder our Faith then it is sure to hinder our Prayer Life and if our Prayer life is hindered then the results we desire when we pray are hindered too.

I said this because it is pointless to blame God or say it must not be His will for me when we do not see the answers to our prayers. No my Brothers and Sisters for we already learned that ... 1 John 5:14-15Tells us

14... And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us
15... And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have "the petitions" that we desire of Him.

So now we know that if our prayer life is not bringing the results desired then it is NOT Gods doing but our own. It is always on our END and not on Gods side of things. We need to go to Him and seek Him and find out what it is that is hindering our prayer life.

Once we find out then repent of it or turn to God and His ways and fix it and more times then none it is something little and easy that just has things all bottle necked up and will begin to flow correctly once you chasnge what ever he showed you to do.

It can be as simpler as a grudge that you are hold.......forgive and love and open the flow of His love and provision once again.

Now look at .... 1JOHN 4:18
There is NO FEAR in LOVE; BUT perfect or PERFECTED LOVE CASTETH OUT ALL FEAR. we just need some more perfecting ......His word perfective much.

The way to perfect His love in us is to practice loving and Forgiving every one.. Spend quality time seek Him in His word. Study about Gods love and meditate on the scriptures telling us how to love. You can not spend time with His word and not learn to Love.

One last one for today........Look at Mark 11:25
We will see here that once again we are commanded to forgive if we want to walk in His word or in this Kingdom in victory.

Mark 11:25
And when ye stand praying, FORGIVE if ye have AUGHT against any; that your Father also which is in Heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

So we can clearly see here a big problem called AUGHT OR UN-FORGIVENESS.

I have heard more times then none some one saying if you only knew what they did to me you would not be saying I have to forgive them or some day I will be able to forgive them but they do not have any remorse for what thery did.

Come on now.........you gonna tell me you can stand praying for the next however many days, weeks or years until you feel it is ok to forgive them ?
It says forgive ANY AUGHT which means no matter what has been done.
This is a COMMANDMENT not a if you want to type of thing. This says Right Now and Right Here any and all un-forgiveness must end.

NOW THAT THE FACT IT IS SPOKEN IN YOUR PRAYING.......
It must be something important concerning your praying. What would be affected by this?
Answers - Results - Effectiveness of your Prayers.

So now that we have learned this it is time to stop blaming God for not answering you or claiming it must not be His will for me or for them.
No own up to it and find out where you are missing it BECAUSE this is NOT a no fault religion, OUR Christ Bought Salvation - It is Kingdom Law or the Way His Kingdom Operates

Thank You for participating in this section of the study of Mark 11:24and Effectual Prayers
God Bless and Love in Christ
Jim

Ephesians is a great teaching and devotional book! Am I posting to the correct thread now?

God-bless you Jim! You are a tender teacher!

Do the words effectual and efficacious mean the same thing?
Penion Hello,
Thank You for the Kind words and it tyhere is any good in me thenit is from the Father.
Yes my friend they do mean about the same thing. I had to google it just to be sure. lol
Blessings my friend
Jim

[
I
Thank you, Moose, for being so thorough and transparent!

For myself, when I trust God to answer a prayer, sometimes I say "if it's your will, Lord." In James it says that we're just a mist appearing for a little while and then disappearing. It's not hesitating to ask if it's the Lord's will. After all, Jesus said this in Gethsemane. Bless you brothers!
Penion Hello,
Thank You for the Kind words and it tyhere is any good in me thenit is from the Father.
Yes my friend they do mean about the same thing. I had to google it just to be sure. lol
Blessings my friend
Jim

Hello, Jim!
Don't you agree that Jesus was the greatest Prayer Warrior of all time? Bless you for your posts.

Penion Amen and He taught us how to pray and be as well. True cofidance and total trust in His every word makes all the differance.
God Bless
Jim

Do the rote and repetious prayers of some denominations count as much as our personal, spontaneous prayers?
Some denominations pray for the dead--is this approved of God? I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes here.

Do the rote and repetious prayers of some denominations count as much as our personal, spontaneous prayers?

Some denominations pray for the dead--is this approved of God? I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes here.

Penion Hello,
It is funny that you ask these questions. Just started a new dvd series on Prayer and am learning or should say re-learning alot about God breathed prayer and so forth. It is amazing how we can fall into a prayer pattern or rut as I call it and not even realise that we have.
I believe I will add to this thread what I am learning now and when I do I will send you PM.

Spontaneous praying is not going to be a bad thing since we should be ready to pray at all times. For we never know what is around the corner until we get there.

As far as rote and repetious prayers or praying from habit or routine I used to think it was a good thing - however as this study un-wraps I am learning it is not necessarily as good of a thing as I thought. I mean sure we have some patterns to our daily praying but once it falls into routine it can very easily become simply a motion that we go through.

God desires His word - He looks for His word to be spoken and put forth into action for He is always ready to back His word by all the Honor of His name. So as I am learning that pilots need to go through recurring flight training - we as a believer need to go through recurring prayer training as well. Now if any one would have told me this weeks ago I might have chuckled and thought say what? However Now I am learning or getting some insight in this area and understanding that we all need this ever so often.

As far as praying for the dead - I understand why some do but as a born again believer I am not to sure that is a wise thing at all. I mean I was not sure if my dad was saved and over the years I prayed or even begged God to have mercy on Him and let Him spend eternity with Him. Now this was when I was around 18 and still very much a kid and a babe in Christ big time.

I hope this answers your questions some what and again I will PM you when I add some more because I am learning we all need to learn so much more about prayer.
God Bless Penion and Thanks for being a wonderful friend as well.
Jim

Cturtle,

Thank you for your encouragement! I am struggling with the technology of the forum, but I'm learning slowly.
What are some of the most Blessed prayers God has answered for you? Your friend, Penion

Cturtle,

Thank you for your encouragement! I am struggling with the technology of the forum, but I'm learning slowly.
What are some of the most Blessed prayers God has answered for you? Your friend, Penion

You doing fine...so keep up the good work and patience with yourself :)

I think that the greatist prayer He has answered for me was to turn my life around and teach me how to have peace in my life and mind, so that i can be the same person all of the time. Another one was healing my body from asthma and roseacha. He blessed me with a mate that is my best friend, and He has shown me that He is trustworthy and desires to see me at peace knowing that He will take good care of me. The next biggest thing that i trust that He is working on is to show me where my home is and place of dwelling is, using us in ministry. And someday restore the relationship with my children, so that i can enjoy seeing or hearing about them serving Christ.

Thanks for asking :) how about you?

Back