• No killing infants is wrong and can never be justified

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True...

Sometimes I heard that the Bible is mistranslated too...

Also, how did the writers of the Bible even knew always that it's God? Satan or a devil or demon can impersonate God and tell things, and a Christian is actually not always sure if God is saying something or not...

Great point. Maybe certain pars of the Bible were influenced and infiltrated by Satan himself!

But when you define him that way he sounds like a cranky un loving God. Id like to think of him as the Bible defines him, all loving and benevolent. Not threatening and controlling!
I understand where you're coming from because I used to think the same thing. I don't think that children are punished by God for their parents mistakes, but not everyone starts life on even footing. Parents tend to cause their children to suffer because of their mistakes without God having anything to do with it.

If a gang banger has a child and the child dies during a shooting the dad was involved in, was the child's death God's fault? Obviously not. Sure, that isn't the same as a biblical story of God killing infants, but those infants are getting to experience the joy of heaven early.

I know it doesn't seem fair to our fleshy selves, but every day is a gift God didn't have to give us.

Yeah it's really better to ask God about the killing of the children... And about other things too...

Yes I would love to ask and I have except I never hear anything back :( This is why I am struggling! So many other questions about killings of innocent people that have taken place in the Bible but none of my questions are ever answered. Instead people just defend the killing of innocent people/children/babies.

I do. I read what Jesus says about not killing and being violent. He defiantly does not condone it!

He did. He commanded it. God is the just Judge. He is not only love, but He has wrath as well, and in the Old Testament, His wrath and judgments came down swiftly and harshly. He is merciful now in the New Covenant because He chooses to be for the sake of His Son, who is building His Church. Once this age is done, the world will see His wrath again.

We are fortunate to be chosen by God to live in this time of His grace and mercy. Don't mistake who God is by that fact.

I understand where you're coming from because I used to think the same thing. I don't think that children are punished by God for their parents mistakes, but not everyone starts life on even footing. Parents tend to cause their children to suffer because of their mistakes without God having anything to do with it.

If a gang banger has a child and the child dies during a shooting the dad was involved in, was the child's death God's fault? Obviously not. Sure, that isn't the same as a biblical story of God killing infants, but those infants are getting to experience the joy of heaven early.

I know it doesn't seem fair to our fleshy selves, but every day is a gift God didn't have to give us.

But if God is all powerful couldn't he just punish Pharaoh directly? It's not like he's blind and whatever angel of death he sends down and kills the nearest living thing isn't within his control.

He did. He commanded it. god is the just Judge. h is not only love, but h has wrath as well, and in the Old Testament, His wrath and judgments cam down swiftly and harshly. he is merciful now in the New covenant because He chooses to be for the sake of His son, who is building His church. Once this age is done, the world will see His wrath again.

We are fortunate to be chosen by God to live in this time of His grace and mercy. Don't mistake who God is by that fact.

Please show us the verse where Jesus talks about violence being ok. Thank you in advance.

Cmo'n guys we are better than this!! We sound like muslims here defending the killing of innocent humans, babies of all!! We are Christians! Remember!?! Turn the other cheek, forgive, do not repay evil with evil, do not be quick to anger! How are any of these tenants consistent with our own religion!

But if God is all powerful couldn't he just punish Pharaoh directly? It's not like he's blind and whatever angel of death he sends down and kills the nearest living thing isn't within his control.
Yes he could have, but God could keep every person alive forever and He doesn't do that either.

I think there is a difference between God doing something evil and ending a life He created.

Thank you for the rude nasty post. Also sounds like your making a lot of judgements for a Christian! Maybe a satanic website would suit you better!

Ok, seems you have different opinion with mine, can you at least answer letter e: am really interested on what your current pastor explains the final plague...

e. I wonder if you asked your pastors in the present and in the past, your profile says your raised Lutheran and now standard Evangelical, and I happen to think they will explain it as well in the same context as others have explained

Asking questions is not judging good sir. God is omniscient and would have no problem answering questions! He is a just lord!

I detect something more than just asking questions, especially after all the good answers you've received.

...due to this comment:

"What evidence do you have that suggests Pharaoh would have killed millions? And what do innocent children have to do with the actions of Adults? If God wanted to prevent people from being enslaved and oppressed then why didn't he just prevent it in the first place? Im just not understanding why innocent babies have to die. People who defend the killing of babies should be jailed and possibly executed if they themselves have executed babies. The only kind of people who would defend the killing of babies would be the mentally ill, satanists, or people who have committed the act themselves."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back