Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No killing infants is wrong and can never be justified

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you want biblical instruction from someone who prays to saints and the Virgin Mary, exalts their images, and calls their priests, "Father"?
That's a good question. I would only want biblical instructions from the Holy Spirit, people who are led by the Holy Spirit, or Mitspa and Euphemia who are the righteousness of God.

After reading all of these posts I must admit I am thoroughly horrified! Every person on this post defended the killing of infants! In other words you are defending Satanism! God (in Jesus son form) says the we must never kill and to turn the other cheek even if there are evil babies out there. I suggest everyone here take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they are on the side of God or the devil. Please remember WWJD, I don't think Jesus would ever kill infants for any reason! Peace and love unto ye O' lost sheep.
I think one crucial point we all need to understand.. Life has value only because of the life giver.. That is the key principle to understand.. Let's take an example.. Let's take a rose.. Now there are many roses which simply grow, wither and die.. Some roses are picked and sold for gifts.. Now a person might take the rose and present it to his wife or girlfriend.. The rose becomes "special".. Now what made that special? It is not just the inherent property of the rose.. It is the fact that it was gifted by the man as a gift makes the rose special.. The value of the object is based on who gives it.. same way, our life has value because of God who gives value to the life.. When we judge nature of God leaving this out of the equation, we run into the confusion you are having..

Hello everybody it is me Mike. I know many of my friends may be upset with me for not posting on here in so long but I have hit a few road bumps in my faith. Recently I came across a slightly disturbing passage in The Bible and I was wondering if someone could help me interpret it.

Exodus 11:4-6 KJV: states that God actually killed innocent newborn children :cry: How can this be justified? I know Pharaoh enslaved the Jews and all but why take it out on innocent infants? I find it very difficult to worship someone who kills babies as I always associated the killing of infants with satanism.

Hello, apologies for the late reply, I haven't had time to read all the posts, have you had a satisfactory answer to your question?

Oh goodness, are you guys serious? Why would you agree that it's okay to kill babies? Okay, what is going on? What does it mean that God killed a baby? I am scared to lose my faith...

God kills everyone Polly. We were born to die. We all have an expiry date. God speeds it up for babies under the control of extremely evil parents. Atheists and god bashers make an issue of it. But there is no issue. We have no control over our birth or death...but everything to do with our eternal home!

Agreed. The options were leading, and had no real usefulness. One answer could have been, "Only when there is no other option.", or "Yes, when any other course of action would cause a genocide." The killing of all the Hebrews, or at least a majority of them, including their children, was a very real possibility for Pharaoh. Which would you have picked? God mercifully killing a few thousand, or Pharaoh violently killing a million? Let's see that as a poll.

What evidence do you have that suggests Pharaoh would have killed millions? And what do innocent children have to do with the actions of Adults? If God wanted to prevent people from being enslaved and oppressed then why didn't he just prevent it in the first place? Im just not understanding why innocent babies have to die. People who defend the killing of babies should be jailed and possibly executed if they themselves have executed babies. The only kind of people who would defend the killing of babies would be the mentally ill, satanists, or people who have committed the act themselves.

What evidence do you have that suggests Pharaoh would have killed millions? And what do innocent children have to do with the actions of Adults? If God wanted to prevent people from being enslaved and oppressed then why didn't he just prevent it in the first place? Im just not understanding why innocent babies have to die. People who defend the killing of babies should be jailed and possibly executed if they themselves have executed babies. The only kind of people who would defend the killing of babies would be the mentally ill, satanists, or people who have committed the act themselves.

If you don't like God because He doesn't fit in the box you've made for Him, then you are headed for a world of trouble. God is worthy of our trust and our love. Everything he dos and has ever done is just and perfect---and good. He cannot sin, so what offends you about Him is a difficulty you need to allow Him to help you with.

I don't understand... Why does every religion including Christianity have to have some bad sides? :(

Polly, Just wanted to reach out to you personally and thank you. You are the only one who actually spoke up, and it seems as though you are slightly bothered by the killing of innocent children. It saddens me to see how many people defend something Satan would do.

Polly, Just wanted to reach out to you personally and thank you. You are the only one who actually spoke up, and it seems as though you are slightly bothered by the killing of innocent children. It saddens me to see how many people defend something Satan would do.
God gives life and He can take it. God doesn't owe us anything.

True...

Sometimes I heard that the Bible is mistranslated too...

Also, how did the writers of the Bible even knew always that it's God? Satan or a devil or demon can impersonate God and tell things, and a Christian is actually not always sure if God is saying something or not...

I think one crucial point we all need to understand.. Life has value only because of the life giver.. That is the key principle to understand.. Let's take an example.. Let's take a rose.. Now there are many roses which simply grow, wither and die.. Some roses are picked and sold for gifts.. Now a person might take the rose and present it to his wife or girlfriend.. The rose becomes "special".. Now what made that special? It is not just the inherent property of the rose.. It is the fact that it was gifted by the man as a gift makes the rose special.. The value of the object is based on who gives it.. same way, our life has value because of God who gives value to the life.. When we judge nature of God leaving this out of the equation, we run into the confusion you are having..
God gives life and He can take it. God doesn't owe us anything.

But when you define him that way he sounds like a cranky un loving God. Id like to think of him as the Bible defines him, all loving and benevolent. Not threatening and controlling!

Jesus would never kill children. You my lost soul, do not understand Jesus. God bless you and may he show you his utmost mercy on judgement day!!

Jesus is God. He commanded the demise of pagan tribe, enemies of Himself and enemies of His precious people. he doesn't work within the parameters of what you think is right. None of us have the right to take the throne and judge God.

Dear Mikey,

Your profile says you are 21 years old and it is just recently you heard about the 10 Plagues of Egypt?

With that, I have the following impression on your post:

a. You have poor (bible) education at the least if not attentive during bible stories of the Exodus, what is the final plague Chapter 11, and the significance of Chapter 12
Exodus 11 New King James Version (NKJV) Death of the Firstborn Announced
Exodus 12 New King James Version (NKJV) The Passover Instituted
b. Or you have poor judgment, and you do bible study on your own

c. Or you know the 10 Plagues of Egypt and the road bumps you are referring to are you were influence by atheist/ rationalist what is “justified” reasoning.

d. Am not sure why you say “ye O” you are the one asking for direction. Reminds me of "O ye" : )
Lost driver: Can I ask you something?
Street bum: O ye, anything, just not math, am not good at math.
Lost driver: O ye!​
e. I wonder if you asked your pastors in the present and in the past, your profile says your raised Lutheran and now standard Evangelical, and I happen to think they will explain it as well in the same context as others have explained.​

Sincerely yours,

Thank you for the rude nasty post. Also sounds like your making a lot of judgements for a Christian! Maybe a satanic website would suit you better!

But why create life in the first place if you are just going to take it away!? What kind of sense does that make?! Would you take the time, hard work and effort to build a house and then threaten to take the house down and then after many threats actually do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back