Struggling With Believing Fully

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have answered. The Atonement brings us into a relationship with God as sons and daughters. It brings us forgiveness and justification, wiping away all of our sins once and for all, and gives us eternal life, healing and victory.

Isaiah 53:5
But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.

I'm asking what the Atonement accomplished at the time of His resurrection when Jesus said it is finished.

Joh 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What did the Atonement accomplish then, and who were the sheep He atoned for?
Jesus said, I came to lay my life down for the sheep.

Joh_10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Joh_10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

I have answered. The Atonement brings us into a relationship with God as sons and daughters. It brings us forgiveness and justification, wiping away all of our sins once and for all, and gives us eternal life, healing and victory.

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.

I am not asking about Born from above Christians.

I'm asking you to explain what the Atonement in connection with your favorite verse, John 3:16?

Jim, scripture teaches the opposite of what you are teaching, if the natural considers the gospel to be foolishness he wont choose it! Because Nicodemus was a natural man he rejected the preaching from the worlds best preacher.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Brother Robert Hello,
This reply does not make any sense to me. I know I am just missing something here but I said it is by a persons choice and you said that was wrong but quote scripture saying the same.
Can you help me grasp what you meant.
Thanks
jim

If as you say, Jesus died for all sin, then how can anybody end up in Hell who's sin has been atoned for???? You are not making sense, either He Atoned for their sins or He did not.

Try this for an example. I bough every starving person in this town groceries for life - Now then all their need is paid in full and they have a way that is already been made for them.
Now then if they refuse to go get the groceries I provided for what ever reason then they simply stay starving and with out the provision of food that was made for them.

It is the same with the blood Jesus shed on the cross - He paid the ransom for our eternity but unless we go get it or take Him up on His offer we perish in our sins.

What you seem to be missing is - NOTHING is automatic in this. WE HAVE TO ASK for this provision. This is what is required. To simply open your mouth and aks for this that he has done for us through His blood. We have got to activate this atonement by asking.

God Bless
Jim

Does this include the ones He created for condemnation?

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

I believe you are not understanding the scriptures you quoted completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back