Struggling With Believing Fully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you who are coming to conclusions about God based on a literal reading of scripture really need to sit and study deeply how various writers of scripture used any number of literary devices, many of which are not so often used today. In the passages where it is said that God hates sinners, etc, the device of metonymy is employed.

Look it up.

Very well said Sister !!

If ALL humans sins are atoned for before they repent then repentance is not required for salvation, right. You are preaching confusion.

Nope. All our sins have been punished on Jesus. Sinners have to receive the free gift of God's grace---salvation! That is not confusion!

1 John 2:2
He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.

By their own Choice Brother Robert. The payment has been made. The way has been made to reach Heaven in the end but one must walk through that door. It is their choice.
If they refuse to except Christ then they have chosen the broad way or path BUT - HOWEVER - BEHOLD - THE PRICE HAS STILL BEEN PAID FOR THEM. THE ATONEMENT WAS THERE ALL ALONG. The simply chose their own way.
Blessings
Jim

Jim, scripture teaches the opposite of what you are teaching, if the natural considers the gospel to be foolishness he wont choose it! Because Nicodemus was a natural man he rejected the preaching from the worlds best preacher.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Nope. All our sins have been punished on Jesus. Sinners have to receive the free gift of God's grace---salvation! That is not confusion!

He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.

Are you saying Jesus did not Atone for ALL humans, either He did or didn't, if He did their sins are dealt with and they can never end up in Hell.

You must define world.

Brother Robert,
I am not sure I am truly grasping this but Yes Jesus died for ALL SIN from the cross unto the end for every one. People go to hell for one reason and one reason only. Never making Jesus Lord of their life. See Jesus Paid the ransom the ultimate price for us so we may be made right before God and spend eternity with Him in Heaven. This has already been done for every one.

BUT YOU HAVE GOT TO ASK HIM TO BE YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR and repent of your sinning ways and ask Him of course to forgive you off those sins...The key here is YOU HAVE GOT TO ASK.....
God Bless
Jim

If as you say, Jesus died for all sin, then how can anybody end up in Hell who's sin has been atoned for???? You are not making sense, either He Atoned for their sins or He did not.

Precisely! How can anyone be saved if God hates us all because we are born sinners? Should anyone respond to the free gift of salvation when they realize God hates them?

HARDLY! God hates wickedness and all stand condemned already apart from Christ, but it is His love that draws us to Him.

John 3:16-21
“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

18 “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. 19 And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. 20 All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. 21 But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.”

My point is, nobody can save themselves by embracing the gospel, because they consider it to be foolishness.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Sorry, but scripture does not preach universal salvation.

If the wrath of God abides on all unbelievers, then how does He love them at the same time, I guess if you see throwing someone into Hell as a loving act, which it is, then I understand.

There is no need to tell them that God loves them, because they might think everything is OK when it isn't. They need to hear that they are guilty law breakers under the wrath of God and are on their way to Hell, then hopefully they will repent.

Does this include the ones He created for condemnation?

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Bump to Euphemia.

This is a false assumption. God hates wickedness and will judge it, along with wicked people, but it is because He loves all people that Jesus came to pay their dues for sin. Don't sell the lie that Satan wants people to swallow.

Sorry, but scripture does not teach universal salvation, if you say Jesus Atoned for the sins of ALL humans, then nobody could end up in Hell, all who preach that need to make up their minds, either He atoned for all humans (universal salvation) or He did not Atone for the sins of all humans. Please clarify to eliminate the confusion.

Are you saying Jesus did not Atone for ALL humans, either He did or didn't, if He did their sins are dealt with and they can never end up in Hell.

I have never said anything other than Jesus having paid for all sin, disease, curse, condemnation and death. Those who reject Him will have to suffer the price of their own sin...which makes it terribly inequitable, doesn't it? Sinners end up paying despite the fact that their bill was already paid in full. Makes one shake his head realizing how foolish people really are.

You must define world.

I don't have to define world. Jesus says I am in the world, and commissioned to proclaim the gospel of grace to the world, but I am not of the world.

John 17:14-18
I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. 16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do. 17 Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. 18 Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world.

My point is, nobody can save themselves by embracing the gospel, because they consider it to be foolishness.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The natural mind sees the truth as foolishness, but Holy Spirit is powerful to quicken the truth to the natural mind and awaken his spirit to the truth, to faith, and to life in Christ.

I believe in that very miracle of faith. Don't you?

If you have been saved, how on earth did you receive your salvation apart from having your spiritual eyes opened by the Holy Spirit to the truth of the gospel message?

Last edited:
Sorry, but scripture does not teach universal salvation, if you say Jesus Atoned for the sins of ALL humans, then nobody could end up in Hell, all who preach that need to make up their minds, either He atoned for all humans (universal salvation) or He did not Atone for the sins of all humans. Please clarify to eliminate the confusion.

Sorry, but I do not preach universalism. It is a demonic belief. Now, please do not repeat this nonsense here, unless you are determined to bring strife.

I have never said anything other than Jesus having paid for all sin, disease, curse, condemnation and death. Those who reject Him will have to suffer the price of their own sin...which makes it terribly inequitable, doesn't it? Sinners end up paying despite the fact that their bill was already paid in full. Makes one shake his head realizing how foolish people really are.

You didn't answer the question, is it yes or no??

I don't have to define world. Jesus says I am in the world, and commissioned to proclaim the gospel of grace to the world, but I am not of the world.

John 17:14-18
I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. 16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do. 17 Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. 18 Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world.

The video I gave will help you understand a little better.

The natural mind sees the truth as foolishness, but Holy Spirit is powerful to quicken the truth to the natural mind and awaken his spirit to the truth, to faith, and to life in Christ.

I believe in that very miracle of faith. Don't you?

If you have been saved, how on earth did you receive your salvation apart from having your spiritual eyes opened by the Holy Spirit to the truth of the gospel message?

Great! Now we are getting somewhere, what does the Holy Spirit do to the natural man to make him believe??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back