Struggling With Believing Fully

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. God loves all people He has created, for He desires them to love Him and to accept Him as their Father. He pursues us by His Spirit BECAUSE He loves us! That His condemnation abides upon those who do not know Him DOES NOT mean He literally hates the individuals they are.

You are listening to weak spinless preacher instead of the word of God.

I showed you clear verses where God hates some people before they were even born.

Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Why should we spread the gospel message if He hates all men who do not know Him? Do we tell them that God hates them? Who would want to know God if we believed as you do??

You are denying clear scripture that says He hates some people, some just for their sin at conception.

Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

No. God loves all people He has created, for He desires them to love Him and to accept Him as their Father. He pursues us by His Spirit BECAUSE He loves us! That His condemnation abides upon those who do not know Him DOES NOT mean He literally hates the individuals they are.

Why should we spread the gospel message if He hates all men who do not know Him? Do we tell them that God hates them? Who would want to know God if we believed as you do??
If the wrath of God abides on all unbelievers, then how does He love them at the same time, I guess if you see throwing someone into Hell as a loving act, which it is, then I understand.

You are denying clear scripture that says He hates some people, some just for their sin at conception.

Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Nope. I deny nothing. God's word does say in the OT that He hates the wicked, and of course His judgment is looming upon all who are unredeemed, but in their sinful state, His love is there for them to receive it. God is able to love us despite the fact that He hates our wickedness. That is why He came in the flesh to redeem us and to have that wickedness in us overcome.

If the wrath of God abides on all unbelievers, then how does He love them at the same time, I guess if you see throwing someone into Hell as a loving act, which it is, then I understand.

Are you having a hard time believing that God is Love?

God's wrath that sends people into eternal damnation is not an act of love but an act of righteous, perfect justice. God will cast people into the lake of fire out of full depletion of mercy.

Last edited:
Some of you who are coming to conclusions about God based on a literal reading of scripture really need to sit and study deeply how various writers of scripture used any number of literary devices, many of which are not so often used today. In the passages where it is said that God hates sinners, etc, the device of metonymy is employed.

Look it up.

Some of you who are coming to conclusions about God based on a literal reading of scripture really need to sit and study deeply how various writers of scripture used any number of literary devices, many of which are not so often used today. In the passages where it is said that God hates sinners, etc, the device of metonymy is employed.

Look it up.

I gave you clear scripture that God hates them before they are even born, I gave you scriptures that says He creates some humans for destruction, but you deny them.

There is a false love being taught by most preachers who are ignorant of the word, or they influenced by money and go with the flow.

Nope. I deny nothing. God's word does say in the OT that He hates the wicked, and of course His judgment is looming upon all who are unredeemed, but in their sinful state, His love is there for them to receive it. God is able to love us despite the fact that He hates our wickedness. That is why He came in the flesh to redeem us and to have that wickedness in us overcome.

Does this include the ones He created for condemnation?

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

I gave you clear scripture that God hates them before they are even born, I gave you scriptures that says He creates some humans for destruction, but you deny them.

There is a false love being taught by most preachers who are ignorant of the word, or they influenced by money and go with the flow.

Well, your understanding of scripture is not correct.

What are you influenced by?

It sounds like you are saying that Jesus Christ atoned for all humans, if yes, then I must tell you that scriptures do not teach universal salvation, the majority will take the broad path to Hell.

Does this include the ones He created for condemnation?

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

That God has created some for purposes to show God's displeasure as well as His goodness doesn't mean they are created for hellfire. Be grateful to God for His love of you despite being a Gentile, who at one time were outside of the promise of God.

It sounds like you are saying that Jesus Christ atoned for all humans, if yes, then I must tell you that scriptures do not teach universal salvation, the majority will take the broad path to Hell.

Try reading it again. Jesus Christ died to atone for the sins of the whole world, but that has nothing to do with Universalism.

Try reading it again. Jesus Christ died to atone for the sins of the whole world, but that has nothing to do with Universalism.

What! Nobody who's sins have been atoned for will be in Hell, if he as you say He atoned for all humans then nobody will be in Hell. Are their sins atoned for or not, yes or no??

What, indeed! All sin has been paid for by Jesus on the cross. Only those who receive the free gift of God's grace will be saved.

If ALL humans sins are atoned for before they repent then repentance is not required for salvation, right. You are preaching confusion.

What! Nobody who's sins have been atoned for will be in Hell, if he as you say He atoned for all humans then nobody will be in Hell. Are their sins atoned for or not, yes or no??

Brother Robert,
I am not sure I am truly grasping this but Yes Jesus died for ALL SIN from the cross unto the end for every one. People go to hell for one reason and one reason only. Never making Jesus Lord of their life. See Jesus Paid the ransom the ultimate price for us so we may be made right before God and spend eternity with Him in Heaven. This has already been done for every one.

BUT YOU HAVE GOT TO ASK HIM TO BE YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR and repent of your sinning ways and ask Him of course to forgive you off those sins...The key here is YOU HAVE GOT TO ASK.....
God Bless
Jim

By their own Choice Brother Robert. The payment has been made. The way has been made to reach Heaven in the end but one must walk through that door. It is their choice.
If they refuse to except Christ then they have chosen the broad way or path BUT - HOWEVER - BEHOLD - THE PRICE HAS STILL BEEN PAID FOR THEM. THE ATONEMENT WAS THERE ALL ALONG. The simply chose their own way.
Blessings
Jim

Come on now Brother Robert

GRACE my friend GRACE through this new covenant he has made through Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back