Struggling With Believing Fully

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a false assumption. God hates wickedness and will judge it, along with wicked people, but it is because He loves all people that Jesus came to pay their dues for sin. Don't sell the lie that Satan wants people to swallow.

To raise your feelings and intellect is the sin of idolatry.

The word "world" means born from above believers, not all humans, His wrath abides on ALL unbelievers.

Nope, "world' does not mean what you're saying. We, as believers, are NOT OF THE WORLD.

Romans 5:6-8
For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die.
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

But a counter-argument might be the Scripture that says that God is Love. Not a very strong one, but it is hard to be Love without loving everybody.

To argue with scripture is the sin of idolatry, this happens when a person raises feelings and tradition above scripture which is the final authority.

It's one thing to take the literal, and quite another to understand what God is really saying.

God is literally saying He hates and His wrath abides on some people. (I believe it's the majority of mankind) Some humans are created for dishonor.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

God is unique in that He can utterly love, because He is Love, and yet His wrath abides on the wicked. Not one person can come to Christ without having some revelation of His love for them, personally---while they were yet wicked.

Reactions: Juk
In the context of psalm 5:5, psalm 11:5, lev. 20:23, proverbs 6:16-19 and more, we can see that God does hate the sinner.

By sinner I'm assuming your talking about the 'unbeliever', yes? In other words, God hates unbelievers?

God is unique in that He can utterly love, because He is Love, and yet His wrath abides on the wicked. Not one person can come to Christ without having some revelation of His love for them, personally---while they were yet wicked.

If all are wicked because they are born in sin and consider the gospel to be foolishness, then how can anybody be saved? If the natural man considers the gospel to be foolishness, why would he choose it??
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

If all are wicked because they are born in sin and consider the gospel to be foolishness, then how can anybody be saved? If the natural man considers the gospel to be foolishness, why would he choose it??
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Precisely! How can anyone be saved if God hates us all because we are born sinners? Should anyone respond to the free gift of salvation when they realize God hates them?

HARDLY! God hates wickedness and all stand condemned already apart from Christ, but it is His love that draws us to Him.

John 3:16-21
“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

18 “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. 19 And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. 20 All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. 21 But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.”

Precisely! How can anyone be saved if God hates us all because we are born sinners? should anyone respind to the free gift of salvation when they realize God hates them?

HARDLY! God hates wickedness and all stand condemned already apart from Christ, but it is His love that draws us to Him.

John 3:16-21
“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

18 “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. 19 And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. 20 All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. 21 But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.”

The answer is nobody can be saved, unless

Scripture says the wicked which are unbelievers.

Romans 5:6-8 (PHILLIPS)
6-8 And we can see that it was while we were powerless to help ourselves that Christ died for sinful men. In human experience it is a rare thing for one man to give his life for another, even if the latter be a good man, though there have been a few who have had the courage to do it. Yet the proof of God’s amazing love is this: that it was while we were sinners that Christ died for us.

Romans 5:6-8 (PHILLIPS)
6-8 And we can see that it was while we were powerless to help ourselves that Christ died for sinful men. In human experience it is a rare thing for one man to give his life for another, even if the latter be a good man, though there have been a few who have had the courage to do it. Yet the proof of God’s amazing love is this: that it was while we were sinners that Christ died for us.

Who is the "us"?

Amen, so you agree then that the "us" is not all humans.

No. God loves all people He has created, for He desires them to love Him and to accept Him as their Father. He pursues us by His Spirit BECAUSE He loves us! That His condemnation abides upon those who do not know Him DOES NOT mean He literally hates the individuals they are.

Why should we spread the gospel message if He hates all men who do not know Him? Do we tell them that God hates them? Who would want to know God if we believed as you do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back