Struggling to believe God truly cares

Ok..you just seemed double minded thats all.
God is light, in him is no darkness at all.
At the moment, you are working out your salvation with fear and trembling. That is a good thing. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

OUr God is a holy God.
Also, hes a Father. What are the attributes of a true dad. A real dad only wants your good, he doesnt want to lose you, and would do everything he can to protect you from the evil one or going astray. Do you know any deadbeat dads that dont look after their children, let them do anything they want, basically, they dont care.
Our God cares. And cos he is God, he can have mercy on who, he chooses.
Those deadbeat dads, the father of lies, have no mercy on anybody, as they dont even know what mercy is.

Hey think of the worst killer ever to walk in your town. He is mean and evil....guess what...God's mercy extends for him too. If he applies John 3:16 then God will forgive him and give him salvation.......I never said he will not have to deal with the punishment of his crime here on earth BUT that has nothihng to do with God's mercy..........

1. We are beings made of dust who have marred the image of God. We, being sinners against an eternal God require an eternal punishment. The fact he loves any of us is a testament to his Grace! We in the flesh are all humanists. We all want to believe we are as good as we can be and God is just really pleased with us all and wants us all saved. The truth is he only loves those who he saves. He hates the religious hypocrites, the wicked, and anyone who doesn't ultimately come to accept the Truth. He will be perfectly satisfied with sending them to hell. Why? God is Holy.

2. Seems like your logic is working well. It would seem pretty silly for God to love someone yet not save them. However scripture testifies that God has chosen his loved ones from eternity past. All his people from the world will be saved because he has eternally loved them. Those he sends to hell he sees as nothing more than sinful humans in bondage to their depravity. Any other view and we would have to submit to the idea that God's love cannot save. Again, the fact he loves anyone is a testament to his GRACE! Giving us love WE DON'T DESERVE. But, this love is not for everyone.

3. God has a purpose in this fallen world. Do you believe that? Or do we submit to the idea that this is all a series of unfortunate events God had no control over? We don't have to fear hell knowing God has provided a means of escape through his son Jesus. If you have faith in him you have nothing to fear, only an eternal love that rests on you forever.

4. Judas is a good example of how human beings are without the Grace of God. Although he witnessed the power of Jesus and walked with him, he still did not believe. He, like all of us was greedy and selfish. Yet all those around him believed, why? Because God chose them.

Most people just believe whatever theology is comfortable to them. But, knowing the Truth about God can bring a greater joy than anything else. How does it feel to know that despite all this evil and sin, God has loved you and will always love you? How does it feel to know with certainty that God works everything for good?

Can God make a mistake? Can God fail? No. We can trust that whatever God does he does for reasons greater than we could ever imagine. He has planned eternity and has made you his child. Imagine the riches of his glory he will pour out on you! We have not even begun to experience all of who God is.

Why fear hell or anything else in all creation when it is not able to separate us from the Love of God in Jesus Christ? That Love is our freedom, our eternal life, and our joy! God is our protector, savior, and father!

Wrestle with these questions, because in them you will find the Truth. Israel in fact means "He who wrestles/struggles with God". The fact we even care is because of God!

You have any questions sister and I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

4. Judas is a good example of how human beings are without the Grace of God. Although he witnessed the power of Jesus and walked with him, he still did not believe. He, like all of us was greedy and selfish. Yet all those around him believed, why? Because God chose them.

Brother God chose Judas too. Judas have chances to repent and when he threw the money away he was so close to receiving his forgivness BUT judas could not forgive him self......

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.... it would too easy for God to get rid of all the problems were being subjected too. His arm isn't too short and he can hear us all just well...
His agenda seems to be proving that He is God and he is holy ( pharoah is a good example) whether it includes saving some to demonstrate his mercy and damning others to demonstrate his justness ...

But then I wonder ... why would it be important to God to have everyone know that He is god when he only wants a select few going to heaven to begin w/ (when he reserve his love/saving grace for a select few)
idk God doesn't seem all that kind to me anymore. he just seems to have his own plans and we're stuck in the middle.

And this truth..it doesn't bring me joy.. it just makes me sad and disappointed at god...that he values his holiness more than human regard
if you were gonna do this, why give us the sentience to feel all this sufferng on a grand scale ....it all seems cruel

i honestly wish, i didn't see those verses..

Idont feel God loves me, sometimes i feel like he's leading me on.. in the past ive tried to serve god , gave money... i still feel like in the end my name may be blotted out...
I feel like he didnt choose me sometimes... i.. idk...

bbut thnx for answering..

A select few ? How do you come to this ? John 3:16 WHO SO EVER shall call......this mean anyone and every one can be saved...........God will not ever turn any one away from being born into His Family...........

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.... it would too easy for God to get rid of all the problems were being subjected too. His arm isn't too short and he can hear us all just well...
His agenda seems to be proving that He is God and he is holy ( pharoah is a good example) whether it includes saving some to demonstrate his mercy and damning others to demonstrate his justness ...

But then I wonder ... why would it be important to God to have everyone know that He is god when he only wants a select few going to heaven to begin w/ (when he reserve his love/saving grace for a select few)
idk God doesn't seem all that kind to me anymore. he just seems to have his own plans and we're stuck in the middle.

And this truth..it doesn't bring me joy.. it just makes me sad and disappointed at god...that he values his holiness more than human regard
if you were gonna do this, why give us the sentience to feel all this sufferng on a grand scale ....it all seems cruel

Idont feel God loves me, sometimes i feel like he's leading me on.. in the past ive tried to serve god , gave money... i still feel like in the end my name may be blotted out...

It is your heart. It is how you are thinking.....All the good deeds in the world will not get you peace with God. It is your choice to seek Him. It is your choice to learn His word and His word will live in you...It's your choice to walk, talk, live as He has commanded us to in His word.....

My comment wiil be satan bite the dust........

God is truthfull, holy, everlasting love. He is forgiving. And He only wants relationship with us. He promised that we will arive well but our journey could be hard.

His word tells us about His love but also that satan is there to decive us all. Roaring as an lion seeking who he can destroy. So satan bite the dust. Dpn't you see that he is making you doubt? Just like he did witj Eva.
We Are the Children of God.

These doubts of you or thoughts are tipical of that old snake.

God loves you whoever.

So again satan bite the dust and I remind you on your future....

Amen Marlies !!!
How about what future? That ol defeated foe aint got much of a future at all.......
Funny how he has to bluff or deceive his way into a believers life......Why is it funny ? Because we as a believer have to open the door to let him in....It is sad really but funny how those who complain about all this crap in their life but wont lift a fingert to change the way they are living........... To God be the Glory
Jim

How does God being God make you sad and dissapointed?

How do you not feel God loves you? Don't you believe in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ??? If you do, it was for YOU!

God has always dealt with humanity in a way that pleased him. He has done it through covenant with his elect people, not only of Jews, but also of the world (Gentiles).

What exactly is going to make you feel better? You believe God is good, right? You believe he loves you, right? What else do you need? Would him loving and saving every person make you feel better? Would him warping us into heaven make you feel better? God has bigger plans for us, just you wait.

Oh, i just think you head being messed with calvinst doctrine. Im just gonna say it. That stuff is wrong.

I had a similar struggle when i came across it and tried to figure it out.
God resolved it for me...listen to him, read the bible and dont bother with what any other so called educated teacher might try to tell you. Their agenda is to get you thinking maybe you not even chosen, that God just picked a few from the start. Messed up scriptures out of order. They just wanna think they ALREADY chosen just cos they grew up or raised christian and didnt need to repent like real christians do.
Our agenda is not to make people doubt whether they are chosen are not. Our agenda is to share the gospel that whoever believes in Christ HAS eternal life. If you believe in Jesus you are chosen. It is as simple as that.

Btw, I wasn't raised Christian and did and do repent of my wickedness every day.

A select few ? How do you come to this ? John 3:16 WHO SO EVER shall call......this mean anyone and every one can be saved...........God will not ever turn any one away from being born into His Family...........
That is assuming anyone actually wants to be in his family. Those who want to ARE the select few, you see?

It is your heart. It is how you are thinking.....All the good deeds in the world will not get you peace with God. It is your choice to seek Him. It is your choice to learn His word and His word will live in you...It's your choice to walk, talk, live as He has commanded us to in His word.....

Lol, I did it for Him ... but its alright...
Im just gonna take things slow.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.
I'm going to break it down incase anyone feels this verse teaches universal salvific love.

First we read the Lord is not being slow about his promise. What promise? In context the promise is about God's judgement on the world and how it is reserved for fire. People in the last day's will be scoffers saying "Where is this coming he promised?".

Paul in this verse is saying that God is being patient for who's sake? He says "your sake". His letter is obviously to the Church.

He breaks it down further and says that God doesn't want anyone to be destroyed, but for everyone to repent. Who is this anyone and everyone he is speaking about? Anyone and everyone in the church he is writing to. He doesn't want anyone in the Church to be destroyed, and he also wants everyone in the Church to repent. In fact, in Greek it is all one sentence, so it would be redily understood that the anyone and everyone is the same people Paul says "for YOUR sake". There is nothing in this verse about God's supposed universal salvific love.

Now-a-days we like to read doctrines we like into Bible verses. We read a verse that says "He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent" and think it refers to every single human being. The same is done in verses where terms like "World" or "All men" are used. Sure, it is the easiest way to understand the verse if you believe in God's universal love. But, nobody ever stops to think about the implications of such a doctrine.

Arminians, if God wants everyone saved, why is it not so? Who is the deciding factor in salvation? Man, the one who needs to be saved? Or God, the one who saves?

I'm going to break it down incase anyone feels this verse teaches universal salvific love.

First we read the Lord is not being slow about his promise. What promise? In context the promise is about God's judgement on the world and how it is reserved for fire. People in the last day's will be scoffers saying "Where is this coming he promised?".

Paul in this verse is saying that God is being patient for who's sake? He says "your sake". His letter is obviously to the Church.

He breaks it down further and says that God doesn't want anyone to be destroyed, but for everyone to repent. Who is this anyone and everyone he is speaking about? Anyone and everyone in the church he is writing to. He doesn't want anyone in the Church to be destroyed, and he also wants everyone in the Church to repent. In fact, in Greek it is all one sentence, so it would be redily understood that the anyone and everyone is the same people Paul says "for YOUR sake". There is nothing in this verse about God's supposed universal salvific love.

Now-a-days we like to read doctrines we like into Bible verses. We read a verse that says "He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent" and think it refers to every single human being. The same is done in verses where terms like "World" or "All men" are used. Sure, it is the easiest way to understand the verse if you believe in God's universal love. But, nobody ever stops to think about the implications of such a doctrine.

Arminians, if God wants everyone saved, why is it not so? Who is the deciding factor in salvation? Man, the one who needs to be saved? Or God, the one who saves?
Brotherit is up to man...........God gave man a choice to make. Choose live or death blessing or cursing....it is up to us to pick life His way..........end of story

Universal salvation is a false doctrine that says everybody is gong to be saved. Jesus died for ALL men so that ALL men could be saved if they so choose to believe, but not all will make that choice.

Universal salvation is a false doctrine that says everybody is gong to be saved. Jesus died for ALL men so that ALL men could be saved if they so choose to believe, but not all will make that choice.

Just like not every Christian will CHOOSE to believe what is said right there in His written word to US......

2 Peter 3:9 doesn't even hint to me the possibility of universalism, but it blares God's love for all, and that His desire is for all men to repent, so that none will perish.

Well, if you believe salvation is man's choice then so be it. I cannot convince you anymore than I can make a sinner truly understand his need of a savior. It is in God's hands, not mine.

One final note... We do seek God and choose to believe in Christ, but only because God choose us first.

That's all folks.

@Cosmicwaffle
You are right Brother you can not convince me that it is God's choice who gets saved...If it were so then John 3:16 and romans and so forth would be false...Now we know that can not be true.....Peace and Hugs brother...

13cc3_3384.jpg

Last edited:

Seems to me in the above post that you have the right idea. GOD does desire for every person to be saved, and He is very patient with us all, not wanting any of us to perish! He keeps knocking on the door to all of our hearts, but if we never open the door then He cannot come in and dine with us. REV. 3:20.
May the Lord richly bless you brother with abundant peace and joy!

Back