Spiritual Bread

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Spiritual Bread

We know how to use physical bread. Whenever we are hungry we simply go and eat. Do we do that spiritually? Jesus said if we believe in Him, we will never be spiritually hungry, or malnourished, for He is the "bread of life." Every time we face a spiritual need, it is a simple matter of going to Christ and allowing Him to provide us with what we need.

Our problem is that sometimes we interpret Scripture based on our own experience. We say, "Yes, but I remember a time when I was spiritually hungry." If that is true, then either God did not tell the truth, or we misinterpreted our experience. Could it be that we tried to satisfy our spiritual hunger with human resources? Could it be that we relied so heavily upon friends and the experiences of others that we have never learned how to go to Christ for our own spiritual food? Could it be that we had a great spiritual feast several years ago, and we were so "full" of Christ that we thought we would never have to eat again? We grew lean and hungry because we were still operating on an encounter with God we had years ago. If you are lacking something spiritually, it is not because God does not have an abundance of resources prepared and available for you. It is that you have not come to Him in faith as He invites (John 10:10)

When God gave manna in the wilderness, the children of Israel had to go out each day to receive God's daily provision. Jesus taught His disciples to pray, "Give us this day our daily bread." Spiritual nourishment is something you must seek daily. Have you found spiritual food from Christ today?

Henry T. & Richard Blackaby

Godbe4me:jesus-sign::smile_anim::bow:

godbe4me-albums-jesus-saves-picture350-blessing14.gif

Back