sons of God

Are you saying that the angels/ men in Gen.18 and 19 are sons of God ?
Yes, as you posted:
Job 1:6 The sons of God and satan came to God.
Job 2:1 The sons of God and satan came to God.
Job 38 :7 The sons of God shouted for joy during the creation.
In Gen. They can not be angels because angels are not male or female.

I showed scripture of angels taking the form of men, they ate with Abraham, so they had all the body parts. So sons of God can be and probably are angels.

The question on the asexual nature of angels cannot be shown anywhere in the Bible. Most rely on the question from the Sadducees about the seven brothers and one wife. Here is the context in Matthew 22 :
23 The same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him and asked Him, 24 saying: “Teacher, Moses said that if a man dies, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife and raise up offspring for his brother. 25 Now there were with us seven brothers. The first died after he had married, and having no offspring, left his wife to his brother. 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, even to the seventh. 27 Last of all the woman died also. 28 Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had her.”

29 Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven. 31 But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” 33 And when the multitudes heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.

The question by the Sadducees was about who she would be married to in heaven, not who she will have sex with. Jesus answers with "are like angels of God in heaven." As in no need for marriage, or asexual so no marriage, or all male so no marriage, or just no marriage as the angels don't marry. Just so we remember, Jesus ascended with the marks of the nails and pierced side on His body. The resurrected body was the same He was born with, just regenerated with God's power. Safe to assume He was still male.
I think Jesus was just trying to convey that, after the resurrection, we will all be interconnected spiritually to each other and, therefore, there would be no need to be married. We will all be married together with Christ.

Why is that?

I was responding to the post from ( Major ) who said that " the descendants of Cain. wicked and lost. " would have been the sons of God in Gen.6:2

Surely, you jest.
I am saying that the Holy Spirit did not have ( angels or descendants of Cain or any other descriptive words ) because I believe that the Holy Spirit wanted the words which were written .
I do not believe that the Holy Spirit made a mistake in His choice of words ,I believe that He chose the vary words that He ment and that we should not be second guessing the Holy Spirit.
Thanks for all of your posts, I hope that this will clarify what I mean when I say that I believe the Holy Spirit chose each and every word.

I am saying that the Holy Spirit did not have ( angels or descendants of Cain or any other descriptive words ) because I believe that the Holy Spirit wanted the words which were written .
I do not believe that the Holy Spirit made a mistake in His choice of words ,I believe that He chose the vary words that He ment and that we should not be second guessing the Holy Spirit.
Thanks for all of your posts, I hope that this will clarify what I mean when I say that I believe the Holy Spirit chose each and every word.

It is for you to choose to gain the understanding of every word the Holy Spirit has used.

Cain was marked for killing Abel.
I find it impossible to Believe that his descendants would be considered sons of God.
Yes all reference to angels are man / male.
The sons of God took the daughters of men. Is this the inspired words of The Holy Spirit or the words of men ?
Tthere was reference in the OT of fallen angels having impure relations with woman - there came the funky giant nations that was destroyed during the time of the rebellious 4 kings.
I have to go look, my memory fails, did Abraham not also encounter these in battle some point?

It is for you to choose to gain the understanding of every word the Holy Spirit has used.
This will be my last post on this .
I believe that the Holy Spirit said what He wanted to say .
If anyone wants to say that the Holy Spirit did not know which words were the words He wanted I will not try to change your mind.

This will be my last post on this .
I believe that the Holy Spirit said what He wanted to say .
If anyone wants to say that the Holy Spirit did not know which words were the words He wanted I will not try to change your mind.

It's PEOPLE who misconstrue the word.

Back