Something I Should Share

Jesus Freak

Previously DanaCovert68
Hey, guys. Something I should share with you all. In the last couple months, I have really come back to my religion. Well, December 8, 2013 was A NEW DAY for me. And when I joined this forum as well. Before that I really wasn't a true Christian. I was letting the world take over my life. Not anymore. Since I've been here, I have really been coming to conclusions that I have got to really change my life for the better. Especially when I asked for major prayers the other night. Tomorrow is the day I hand everything over to Him, and let Him work on me like a lump of clay. I am through with the whole me, me,me meantality. Now it's God, God, God all the time. I know I am going to be proud of myself and you will be too. I will try to have one thread about my updates. They may not be big updates, but as long as you all know how I'm doing, I will be happy. Thanks for being by my side guys, and gals. God bless y'all.

Hey, guys. Something I should share with you all. In the last couple months, I have really come back to my religion. Well, December 8, 2013 was A NEW DAY for me. And when I joined this forum as well. Before that I really wasn't a true Christian. I was letting the world take over my life. Not anymore. Since I've been here, I have really been coming to conclusions that I have got to really change my life for the better. Especially when I asked for major prayers the other night. Tomorrow is the day I hand everything over to Him, and let Him work on me like a lump of clay. I am through with the whole me, me,me meantality. Now it's God, God, God all the time. I know I am going to be proud of myself and you will be too. I will try to have one thread about my updates. They may not be big updates, but as long as you all know how I'm doing, I will be happy. Thanks for being by my side guys, and gals. God bless y'all.

I admire (and praise God that) you are thirsty Dana! Seek to know the Lord and everything will fall into place! :)

It was before I joined this forum that I became sooooo thirsty that I am not giving up on him. But before I really ignored God totally, except for Dec 8,2013 though. I am ready to learn everything I can about God before I take my dirt nap, and head to the pearly gates to be greeted by Him.

It was before I joined this forum that I became sooooo thirsty that I am not giving up on him. But before I really ignored God totally, except for Dec 8,2013 though. I am ready to learn everything I can about God before I take my dirt nap, and head to the pearly gates to be greeted by Him.

Dirt nap! Lol - I've never heard it put that way before! :)

Dirt nap! Lol - I've never heard it put that way before! :)

Yeah. Let me put it out there for you guys.

I just put God on the back burner, and totally ignored him until it put A New Day, Dec. 8,2013 to say, I'm going to be a Christian again. Get what I mean guys?

That's right. And I am working hard at that as you can tell.

Just remember that the power for these changes is Christ Himself. ""I am the vine; Dana is the branch. If Dana remains in me and I in Dana, he will bear much fruit; apart from me Dana can do nothing." John 15:5. Rely on your own hard work and your own dedication and you will burn out. Reply on Eternal God (who wants you to know Him even more then you want it yourself!!!) and you will never burn out! :)

Hi! I think the key is thankfulness. Thankfulness and Praise for all the good things you see around you every day. That way you will keep the joy and not burn out :)

"Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe* in him whom he has sent." John 6:28-29

* 4100 pisteuo pist-yoo'-o from 4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit; by implication, to entrust (especially one's spiritual well-being to Christ):--believe(-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with. see GREEK for 4102.

So yes! Rely on God. Entrust yourself to Him - trust in Him! Commit your spiritual well-being to Him! "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 For My yoke is [a]easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:29-30.

God has a whole journey planned for you. "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10.

I'm getting at this though: just as all creation was made through Him and for Him (and maintained by Him)....so are we, new creations, made through Him and for Him and maintained by Him! Colossians 1:15-23. He is the source of our Strength and our Endurance.

And thanksgiving and praise can be a good way to remember the One who is our Ability and holds us - even in the darkest of times.

If you want to, there is a good book called Spiritual Burnout by Malcolm Smith. It is simple and honest and does a good job of explaining all this. :)

Back