Verses in the Old Testament: 23,214

Verses in the New Testament: 7,959

Shortest verse in the Bible: John 11:35

Longest verse in the Bible: Esther 8:9

Words in the Bible: 773,692

Words in the Old Testament: 592,439

Words in the New Testament: 181,253

Reproduced with permission from GotQuestions

When I read 119, I see a person who understands the heart of the faithful one, the one who seeks the righteousness of YHVH.

I must admit, many a time I have been called a "Judaizer" due to my love for the Law of YHVH, and often rebuked because I keep the ways of a "Law that has been anulled" and is "no longer in effect" (as assumed by these same accusers)... yet I feel many such as myself know differently.

I find that the writer(s) of 119... know the true heart of Torah, and seek to make his/their heart beat in tune with the heart beat found within.

The acrostic poem here, shows a side not many percieve. Alef to Tav, it holds a mighty key for those seeking to walk the path of righteousness. It gives us perspective on the things of YHVH, and a feel for how the righteous man of YHVH percieves his Holy Law.

It's also where my signature comes from. (119:165)

It just makes me sad to see so many disregard this because it deals with "Law". Guess some haven't really read Psalm 1, and what the righteous man meditates on day and night. *sigh*

But yes, this is certainly a man pouring out his very being in words of longing, and love, for his creator.

Shalom

About keys, there also are the important 8 keywords for 'law' as found in Alef.

Yes how true. Many a time, I am met with a pseudo hebraic reader on this issue. You know, the kind who read topical words such as "torah" and only think it can be translated as "Law", or that it applies only to the first 5 books. Nor bother to consult Jewish writings where "torah" is often used in reference to the whole of the Tanakh, the object most hellenistic Christians refer to as the "old" testament. (they sure do like their user regulated/faulted wikipedia ;) )

Sure is a blessing to see someone who takes the "TIME" to absorb scripture.

Shalom

Back