1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Some advice i found useful

Discussion in 'Biblical Advices' started by Michael Collum, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Some advice i found useful

A lot of this comes from the epistle to the Romans .

If you find yourself fighting against something that splits and multiplies when you quote scripture . and will not respond with anything less than a jolt and then return when you rebuke it in Jesus name . you are dealing with sin . that thing that causes all creation to malfunction .

the difference between dealing with a fallen angel and sin is . a fallen angel was created by God so must respond to His authority . but sin .. was not there in the beginning . and like many computer viruses defies system parameters .

If you attribute fear to this phenomena it will become your fear . if you keep calling it a demon it will continue to impersonate all the fallen angels it has consumed over the millennia .. and continue to self replicate as you feed it with something that brings death . which is .. the letter of the law . so the cycle self replicates law, death, sin, law, sin, law, death, sin .. etc .

I have encountered people who have experienced such phenomena .. and have myself.. and if you do . the only way to conquer this is to dwell in grace in your thoughts .. trust God completely .. and love as the bible has taught you . love and love and love .. until this infection has been dispersed by God's light .

this is very important . because when sin is fully grown it gives birth to death . i've been there . and it's not fun . as Jeremiah the prophet said seek the Lord while there is still light .. while He can be found .

not sure who this speaks to . but please, if you hear the voice of God's mercy speaking today .. listen . please listen .
  2. This has really got me thinking..
    Im still not 100% on what sin REALLY is, people see it as an act, But I am starting to see it more as a state and a act...
    Like its hard to explain, I know it means more than the act itsself put it that way...
  3. Iv gone further and started looking at the word its self and the history of language...
    Its reveling some interesting things.
    and its confirming alot...
  4. Remember the awakenings? there was this story .. of these boats coming into New York harbor .. and it is recorded that the sailors that as soon as they passed by this particular boundary line these hardened sailors would feel convicted of their sins and needed to call for a priest .

when sin is not .. and God "face" is smiling all about .. the world is a whole different place .
  5. I like your concept, I mean you treat sin with seriousness, but not because of salvation, because of what it does...
    And thats how I feel about sin...
    I worry about people who relate sin ONLY to salvation, because when they do that they lose the concept of the damage sin can do in their own lives and the lives of others...
    Sin needs to be treated with the impact it has on ourselves and the others..
    Like you said its like a virus.
    Your spot on with that.

I dont remember the awakenings, heard of them, dont know much about them..
    Feel free to explain them in more detail in this thread to me, or PM me if you think its taken it off topic.
    :p I notice that, between you and me talking, we can take threads all over the place within the matter of mins lol.
  6. I was googling them earlier .. and it seems they all began with prayer . people just really praying .. and there was something else that happened . people stopped being denominational .. and unified together .. and then God blessed it .

when the body of Christ works together and does not let "sin" divide it . the body stands .. and Christ as the head .. shines light through out the whole body .

Matthew 6:22-23 (King James Version)

22The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
    23But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

the removal of sin . and the instance of revivals are not really all that different . when the body stands together . and unfies under Christ .. casting away the idols of their understanding .. then God works through the unobstructed vessel that is the whole Ephesians 2:22 .
  7. Its very interesting to see...
    I need to get some greek versions of the scripture to see what sin meant where...
    Just for a bit of fun and to get a better understanding...
    hmm, yeah it shows the importance of sin it also shows the need for understanding sin...