Soft Christian

I understand that Jesus does everything so what do I do (a sluggard).

He does everything to save us. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are given to us to serve and to build.
All we have to do for salvation is believe, all we have to do for serving is use what God gifts to us to serve others with. Technically its God's enablement - His gifts like teaching, knowledge, faith, mercy etc. but even though God has foreordained the end He has incorporated our works done for others like evangelism and praying, He has incorporated those things as part of the means. So yes He does it all but uses believers to reproduce spiritual fruit, get to work! :)

I understand that Jesus does everything so what do I do (a sluggard).
Intojoy got close to the right answer so I'll give you the summary of all that post said. You are a tool that God will use and all you need to do is to pay attention to the Holy Spirit that now resides in you and obey what God says to you.

But that begs an answer for, "How do I communicate with God?" That will depend entirely on you and you need to begin the journey right now to learn the method or methods God will use to communicate with you. Myself, I have heard God say exactly seven, audible, words since November of 1966. He speaks with my daughter every day. With me He uses an assortment of methods to communicate with me but every one of them is centered on my knowing scripture. And there lays the open door of the journey you need to begin. I have been reading the scriptures, every day, since January 1, 1990, the day of my salvation.

You must, always, remember, your brain is, in the most important way, just like your computer, "What you put into it is what you get out of it." If you put trash in... trash comes out. If you read the Word and live the Word, the world will notice and God will use you right there.

God bless and welcome friend.

Jesus has paid for our salvation--it's free. So like what Intojoy said, He has taken care of that for us. BUT, this doesn't mean we are to sit back and do nothing.

We are taught that the body of Christ isn't made up of all the same parts -- we each have a special calling and role to fulfill (1 Corinthians 12:28-31).

John 14:15 says that if we love Him, we are to keep his commandments. Mark 16:16 says that whoever believes and is baptized shall be saved, but whoever does not believe shall be condemned. James 2:24 and 26 say "You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone...For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead."

There is much we are to do as Christians.

He does everything to save us. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit are given to us to serve and to build.
All we have to do for salvation is believe, all we have to do for serving is use what God gifts to us to serve others with. Technically its God's enablement - His gifts like teaching, knowledge, faith, mercy etc. but even though God has foreordained the end He has incorporated our works done for others like evangelism and praying, He has incorporated those things as part of the means. So yes He does it all but uses believers to reproduce spiritual fruit, get to work! :)
After I posted this message I did some research on the mortification of sin. I guess I'm struggling with sin and it seems that only the Holy Spirit can work to remove it. Although it seems I have my part to play.

After I posted this message I did some research on the mortification of sin. I guess I'm struggling with sin and it seems that only the Holy Spirit can work to remove it. Although it seems I have my part to play.

We're all struggling with sin--you're certainly not alone there.

You're right in saying that the Holy Spirit can work to remove it. Or perhaps remove it is the wrong word, but it helps us fight off sin. Our sin is removed by the forgiveness of God, which we must ask for when we sin. Indeed, we do have a part to play.

We're all struggling with sin--you're certainly not alone there.

You're right in saying that the Holy Spirit can work to remove it. Or perhaps remove it is the wrong word, but it helps us fight off sin. Our sin is removed by the forgiveness of God, which we must ask for when we sin. Indeed, we do have a part to play.
Thanks, peace & blessings

Back