1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

So .. When Jesus died on the Cross .. what changed?

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by Michael Collum, May 5, 2010.

1. So .. When Jesus died on the Cross .. what changed?

I was thinking about Jeremiah early this morning . wasn't sleeping .. so .. anyway . figured i could save what i wrote then for a personal reference .. but below seemed to be an interesting question:

It is written in the scriptures that the kindness of God leads us to repentance .

That perfect love casts out all fear . that fear only has to do with being afraid of the old covenant concept of punishment .

It is also written God is love ..

Love is many things .. but it all points to what Jesus did for all of us . He changed the premise by which all the prophecies were written . the prophecies were spoken based on what was declared earlier in the law of Moses . But He became the temple . the sacrifice . He became the law written on our new not stone but flesh hearts . He became it all .

So what i'm asking in all this is .. if you could re-write the book of Jeremiah in light of this change of premise Jesus brought about . not about the do and don't do or else .. but springing from this new life . faith expressing itself with love ..

How would you re-write the Prophecy of the Old Testament Prophet Jeremiah, to read as a New Covenant Reality?