So, what are we to do?

AtomicSnowflake

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy [our] brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia: 2 Grace [be] to you and peace from God our Father, and [from] the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. 6 And whether we be afflicted, [it is] for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, [it is] for your consolation and salvation. 7 And our hope of you [is] stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so [shall ye be] also of the consolation.

[2Co 1:1-7 KJV]

-------

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34 And if ye lend [to them] of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil. 36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
[Luk 6:32-36 KJV]
-----------

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. 39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch? 40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. 41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
[Luk 6:37-42 KJV]

----------

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion [on him],
[Luk 10:33 KJV]

---------

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
[Jhn 13:34-35 KJV]

------------

15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
[Jhn 21:15-17 KJV]

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if [there be any] wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
[Psa 139:23-24 KJV]

Thoughts? Discussion? Additions?

To me AtomIc, all these verses are travhing us of God's love and nercy. Also showing us how to love God and our neighbour.

We are told whatever we do to God's children we are doing to God. That is a sobering thought.

It includes the teaching ''don't just say you love me, shpw me that you love me.'

So we have to search our hearts with the guidance of The Lord. When God shows us what is missing it is a very humbling experience as we see what is lacking
When u see mine I hate it and want to get rid of all those things in there. There is our struggle but we have God's help.

To me the verses are showing us how to aim for perfect love. There are many more verses to guide us into the best kind of love that is humanly possible.

To me AtomIc, all these verses are travhing us of God's love and nercy. Also showing us how to love God and our neighbour.

We are told whatever we do to God's children we are doing to God. That is a sobering thought.

It includes the teaching ''don't just say you love me, shpw me that you love me.'

So we have to search our hearts with the guidance of The Lord. When God shows us what is missing it is a very humbling experience as we see what is lacking
When u see mine I hate it and want to get rid of all those things in there. There is our struggle but we have God's help.

To me the verses are showing us how to aim for perfect love. There are many more verses to guide us into the best kind of love that is humanly possible.

Thank you for that insight, and for taking the time to respond. You highlight some very meaningful thoughts. I appreciate that.

Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

Dear AtomicSnowflake
Thank you for this thoughtful and thought provoking post.

To be comforted and perhaps even more so, to able to offer comfort, both of these are blessings.

Matthew 11
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

To be comforted and perhaps even more so, to able to offer comfort, both of these are blessings.
Exactly :) That is also what we are told we should do.
Matthew 11
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
This should also be our attitude toward others :)

Funny thing. This morning while I was out tending to the chickens, rabbits, and ducks... I was listening to a sermon podcast. It is linked below.
What's "funny" about it, is that I simply chose it randomly from spotify and thought I'd listen to it while I was going about my morning chores. It just so happens that it's applicable to the point behind this thread.
It's very much worth listening to for everyone.

Just as a note, I am not posting this to promote any particular person, site, etc.. just simply sharing the message that it contains.

Hello Atomic;

Excellent teaching of these Scriptures. Question is, so, what are we to do?

The verses are beautiful and very profound but can be hard to follow even as a man or woman of God.

Psalm 139:23-24, 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 24 And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!

For example, we're in Idaho this week. Last night we went to a steak house to have dinner with a pastor and his wife. The restaurant was closed because of a black out. We were in the parking lot deciding on another place to eat when two guys came out of the bar of the restaurant. The one guy said something and looking straight at my wife and me. He was drunk and was talking gibberish so I stood my ground quietly, and we got back in the car to leave.

Later in the evening I thought about him again and started to get angry in my heart. The other Scriptures you shared fell short with me but the last one, Psalm 139, pricked my heart and I prayed, asking God to forgive me. I also asked Him to loosen my heart, thoughts, tongue and pray for this lost soul. God filled my thoughts of the Lord and Hazel. Then I slept and felt peaceful this morning.

What we are to do begins with us in all circumstances, even the ones we least expect, and God will always empower us to do right for His glory.

God bless you, Atomic, and thank you for sharing.

Back