So I Read The Gospels Today

Morality is based on other people's happiness (not self happiness). If we based morality on other people's happiness, it would be trying to make them happy and helping them. If morality is based on self happiness, then yes, I do agree it is hedonism because all that person will do everything for their own gain which is very wrong. but morality can only get to the person if the brain developed well enough. I remember reading a news article where the all the murderers didn't develop a part of their brain well enough so they think killing is right and don't feel guilty when they do bad things. .
Hedonism is the belief that Happiness is life's most important goal, whether for others or for yourself. You are a Hedonist if you think our life purpose is to make others happy.

Like I said before, I could make a whole lot of OTHERS happy by lieing to them, but I tell them the Truth because I believe that morality is objectively given by God.

Oh, so I am a hedonist. My goal in life is to help other people and making other people happy but of course, if that hurts people, I will not make them happy because it is just doing as what they said. their goals isn't to make me happy, it's up to them, it is optional.

if a person ask me out and said it would make her happy if I date them, I would say no because I am not interested in her. I would only say yes because I am interested in her.

Oh, so I am a hedonist. My goal in life is to help other people and making other people happy. their goals isn't to make me happy, it's up to them, it is optional.
So if you are a hedonist why come on here and argue about the bible? You sure aren't making anyone happy.

What I meant to say was "it is to make other people happy (if that is in their best interest) but if it hurts them or themselves in the longrun, then no, don't do it." if a person ask me out and said it would make her happy if I date them, I would say no because I am not interested in her. It would be best of her interest to find other men that find her very interesting. I would only say yes because I am interested in her. I am not saying this to please you but I am saying this because I genuinely feel this way.

Also if happiness is the ultimate good in your view, then are you as happy as you can be? If you say yes you are lieing to yourself because only God can give us the true happiness he intended for us. We ourselves cannot make ourselves or anyone else as happy as we ought to be.

I guess there is only so much we can do. It seens some people just like to argue, or discuss things nonsensically. Perhaps we would be better off concentrating our efforts on those who genuinely need help and guidance. Our efforts though havn't been in vain. It seems they've made their choice and don't like the truth thinking they know best , and that nothing is above them or their decisions.

I'm going to have to disagree with anything you say with god because I don't believe in the goodness of god and think god isn't doing anything in our lives either. Everything can work with or without god in play. Let's assume god just popped out of existant right now, we still have our morality values and the happiness of humankind will still be in play. but of course, saying "god not doing anything in our lives" is going against what the scripture said so nevermind.

I'm going to have to disagree with anything you say with god because I don't believe in the goodness of god and think god isn't doing anything in our lives either. Everything can work with or without god in play. Let's assume god doesn't exist, we still have our morality values. but of course, saying "god doesn't exist" is going against what the scripture said so nevermind.
Life doesn't make sense without God. Look at all the carefully crafted organisms on this planet. Look at yourself! Each cell is more complex than new york city! Enough DNA aka Information/Intelligence is in one cell to go to the moon and back multiple times, and one mishap in a single nucleotide will cause everything to stop working. We live in an intelligent universe, carefully crafted by a careful and intelligent creator. I believe in the Goodness of God and the Evil of man. You think God owes us anything? He gave his son for us out of his mercy for us.

and it takes billion of years for single cell organisms to evolve what we are today. The earth have been around 4.6 billion years. no matter how complex we are, if we have enough time and the right situation, we will have what we have. Which is why I believe that there is life on other planets. The grand canyon wasn't a canyon originally but because of the rain, we can admire the beauty of a grand canyon. or what about a rainbow? the only situation it needs is just rain and sun light. What about the continents? they all drift apart and come back together. That super continent is really complex too.

Listen Moxy I am sorry for arguing with you on here. It's obvious mental reasoning isn't going to bring you to God, it never does. I will just pray one day you come to the faith.

If you have a bible or if not please look it up. Read Romans chapter 1, and see if that answers any questions.

Romans 10:17
So Faith comes from hearing, and hearing from the word of Christ.

Reactions: Sal
I want to sincerely apologize to anyone viewing this thread, because I have been arguing with Moxy instead of giving him the powerful Word of God. Sorry brothers and sisters, please forgive me.

you shouldn't say "mental reasoning", and you shouldn't say "I will pray for you." especially when you think you are right about everything. Mental reasoning makes me seems stupid, but a person isn't stupid for believing for what they believe. It's just their preference of what they think is more reasonable to them. As of now, you are calling me stupid for liking xbox when you like gamecube.... "I will pray for you" make you seem like a douche. It seems like you think you know everything but as I said. Everything relatives to them is up to their preferences including what they believe and what they don't believe. A buddhist monk think he is right because it seems to be more logical to them. but I disagree with that buddhist monk.

you shouldn't say "mental reasoning", and you shouldn't say "I will pray for you." especially when you think you are right about everything. Mental reasoning makes me seems stupid, but a person isn't stupid for believing for what they believe. It's just their preference of what they think is more reasonable to them. As of now, you are calling me stupid for liking xbox when you like gamecube.... "I will pray for you" make you seem like a douche. It seems like you think you know everything but as I said. Everything relatives to them is up to their preferences including what they believe and what they don't believe. A buddhist monk think he is right because it seems to be more logical to them. but I disagree with that buddhist monk.
I am sorry just please read Romans chapter 1. What I mean is my mental reasoning and yours do not agree, since I am a different creature than you, born again by the Holy Spirit. And I will pray for you, because I want you to find the Truth, for your happiness in the long run.

"And I will pray for you, because I want you to find the Truth, for your happiness in the long run."
fine. I won't take this as an insult but don't take what I am going to say as an insult either. I will say this
"And I will think for you, because I want you to look at the evidence on earth and study up on how the solar system is made" (((only to you, because I think I am subjectively right, and I will go with with the scripture say and not argue, if I want to learn more about christianity)))

I will read romans chapter 1 because I am open minded but if I disagree, just leave it because our opinion differs.

Last edited:
I want to sincerely apologize to anyone viewing this thread, because I have been arguing with Moxy instead of giving him the powerful Word of God. Sorry brothers and sisters, please forgive me.
Please don't apologise Cosmicwaffle. I don't believe you've been arguing at all. I absolutely admire your tenacity and perseverance and patience. Please continue by all means if you feel you can go on. You are planting seeds. I was just saying from my view. I perhaps lack patience myself. Hope you understand, i see no issue with you whatsoever.

Please don't apologise Cosmicwaffle. I don't believe you've been arguing at all. I absolutely admire your tenacity and perseverance and patience. Please continue by all means if you feel you can go on. You are planting seeds. I was just saying from my view. I perhaps lack patience myself. Hope you understand, i see no issue with you whatsoever.
But arguing is exactly what I have been doing. Instead of giving him the word of God I have been using my Christian reasoning against his. And we shouldn't do this because we are given new minds in Christ, and unbelievers cannot understand. The word of God is sharper than a two-edged sword, not my word. So I was apologizing because I have led this thread down the wrong path. I have been trying to refute his points, instead of letting him refute the word.

Thank you for apologizing. that is what we all should be doing. We should figure out what is best for our life on our own. That is why there are other religions. They think they are right because they figured out for themselves that it is their path in their life.

But arguing is exactly what I have been doing. Instead of giving him the word of God I have been using my Christian reasoning against his. And we shouldn't do this because we are given new minds in Christ, and unbelievers cannot understand. The word of God is sharper than a two-edged sword, not my word. So I was apologizing because I have led this thread down the wrong path. I have been trying to refute his points, instead of letting him refute the word.
I understand. I think it's only natural to want to defend our faith. I know i do. My love for God is so strong , i have to bite my tongue sometimes . We don't have to defend God though the urge is strong. I still don't see you as you've been arguing. It may seem that way to you but you are just trying to show the truth to someone who has no understanding of God. Thus is perhaps because they have had no personal experience. No more sorrys , for speaking God's Word.

I understand. I think it's only natural to want to defend our faith. I know i do. My love for God is so strong , i have to bite my tongue sometimes . We don't have to defend God though the urge is strong. I still don't see you as you've been arguing. It may seem that way to you but you are just trying to show the truth to someone who has no understanding of God. Thus is perhaps because they have had no personal experience. No more sorrys , for speaking God's Word.

yeah, you love your god but other religions love their god as much. This is also why people don't like some christians, because some christians will disagree with every other religion and make a big argument out of it like this. I think we should just put the difference aside and be loving to each other and helping others grow in their path (whatever path they choose).

Back