So I Read The Gospels Today

That is not the point of my post. But, here is an answer anyways. God has given us all a conscience, and we all follow it to some extent. But without God you can seer your conscience and give way to the devil and his lies. He would rather you destroy everyone and yourself, it is your conscience that is leading you away from his lies. Which in itself is good.

But MoxyPoxy, please answer this, are you absolutely good? You may have good intentions but will God look at your whole life and pronounce you "Good." or "Evil."? There is no grey area.

I want to make others people happy because I love them and want the best for them.

I guess good? even though, technically, I don't accept jesus as my lord and saviour and will never accept him as my lord and saviour?

I want to make others people happy because I love them and want the best for them.

I guess good? even though, technically, I don't accept jesus as my lord and saviour?
Okay, so you are perfectly Good. 100% through and through, no evil whatsoever.

What makes someone evil in your eyes? Since you are the standard of Goodness.

Because it makes me sad when other people are sad. I have been in those situation before and I never want people to experience pain and sadness.

Someone is evil is that person wants to destroy happiness of others.

Because it makes me sad when other people are sad. I have been in those situation before and I never want people to experience pain and sadness.

Someone is evil is that person wants to destroy happiness of others.
Okay, so you have never destroyed the happiness of another?

I have destroyed happiness of others (in retaliation of what was done to me) in the past. I would always try to stop myself from destroying happiness of others whenever possible.

I have destroyed happiness of others (in retaliation of what was done to me) in the past. I would always try to stop myself from destroying happiness of others whenever possible.
Okay but since destroying the happiness of another is evil by your definition, then you can't say you are absolutely Good, because you have done evil in the past. Right?

Yeah. I won't be considered absolutely good. oh, so I will be heading to hell after I die. At least, during the life I live, it will be infinitely more satisfying living the person who I am rather than living the person who someone else wants me to be. even when the result is hell. I had my parents want me to be a violinist but I hated playing violin and never touched violin afterwards. I can say with much confidence that I am much more happiner in life if I don't play the violin. What would be hell for me is playing violin for 2 hrs or doing something that I really don't want to do (which would translate into heaven is worse than the actual hell for me because all I will be doing is praising god for eternity)

Last edited:
Yeah. I won't be considered absolutely good.
Okay, so since you aren't Good, then God could not let you into his kingdom. I know you are screaming "That's unfair! I try my hardest!", but God simply CAN'T let you in, because he is holy and perfect, as is his kingdom.

Now you've already said you are okay with going to hell, but why? Do you just think being good is impossible, and that God's standard of righteousness cannot be fulfilled by us? Well it can't, that's why Jesus died for us! He died in our place because we deserve the punishment for our sins, and if we weren't punished God wouldn't be perfect and just, now would he?

You wouldn't want God to just let a murderer go unpunished because he was having a rough time, would you? No! We want and need a just God, one who destroys evil! And the truth of the matter is that you and everyone else are not perfect. Do we want to be with a God who is unperfect? Of course not! So he saved us, and made us perfect by his Son's sacrifice. It was God's demonstration of his perfect Love and Mercy.

I consider my moral code as being good. we all make mistakes but we all should be understand and loving. the point is that if I stop wanting to be good, then yes, I deserve to go to hell. We cannot be perfect. We all have different views on how life should run. It's the very reason on why we have different types of government. I would never live in a country where dictatorship is there. If we have the government to install cameras, that would be invasion of privacy and the government not trusting individual citizens... There are people who makes fun of me because I look like a nerd. (it destroys that person's happiness because he/she is unhappy that I look like a nerd). I wear glasses, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad person. That person that called me a nerd is a bad person. Everyone have their ideal type of how they want to run things. for instance, god wants me to not have homosexual urges or not to have premarital sex. It won't destroy people's happiness if I have premarital sex. in fact, it would make me and my lover to be happy because it's a confirmation of our love for each other. Gay people cannot marry each other if christian is a government therefore destroying the gay couple's happiness too. There is nothing wrong with having homosexual urges. It doesn't harm anyone's happiness.

Last edited:
I consider my moral code as being good. we all make mistakes but we all should be understand and loving. the point is that if I stop wanting to be good, then yes, I deserve to go to hell. We cannot be perfect. We all have different views on how life should run. It's the very reason on why we have different types of government. I would never live in a country where dictatorship is there. If we have the government to install cameras, that would be invasion of privacy and the government not trusting individual citizens... There are people who makes fun of me because I look like a nerd. I wear glasses, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad person. That person that called me a nerd is a bad person. Everyone have their ideal type of how they want to run things. for instance, god wants me to not have homosexual urges or have premarital sex. It won't destroy people's happiness if I have premarital sex. in fact, it would make me and my lover to be happy because it's a confirmation of our love for each other.
Yes but your moral code and God's are not the same. I trust God more than I trust you. If he says something is good, like marriage, and you destroy that by having sex with multiple people your whole life then you are disagreeing with God. And because of that you are unrighteous before his eyes, and you will be sent to hell without Jesus.

Your's is a feel-good morality, if it hurts me or someone else it's bad, but if it doesn't it's okay. Well sugar and lies might taste good, but they aren't good for your body. Premarital sex and not believing in Jesus might feel good and right, but they aren't good for your soul.

the reason why it is wrong for married couple to have sex with other people is because they wanted the other person not to have sex with other person. I highly agree it is okay if married couples have sex with other people if the married couple allows it. I know a couple that allows the 3rd person to be female and they are really happy. It made their sex life better. It won't break people's hearts or people's happiness. If they are married, and the couple don't want their partner to have sex, and the partner have sex with the other person, then yes, that is wrong. I am also okay with friends with benefits. No one will get hurt either in that situation unless the other person is evil. If I was to have a friend with benefit, and she is falling for me, I would break it off immediately because I don't want to hurt her.

the reason why it is wrong for married couple to have sex with other people is because they wanted the other person not to have sex with other person. I highly agree it is okay if married couples have sex with other people if the married couple allows it. I know a couple that allows the 3rd person to be female and they are really happy. It made their sex life better. It won't break people's hearts or people's happiness. If they are married, and the couple don't want their partner to have sex, and the partner have sex with the other person, then yes, that is wrong. I am also okay with friends with benefits. No one will get hurt either in that situation unless the other person is evil. If I was to have a friend with benefit, and she is falling for me, I would break it off immediately because I don't want to hurt her.
You don't get my point. Your morality is feel-good. It's not true and objective!

All those things may taste good, but they are bad for you! You aren't listening to God and thus rejecting his authority and goodness. So you are considered evil, and will go to the lake of fire without Jesus. That's the Truth.

If isn't hurting anyone or harming anyone's happiness, how is that evil??? I thought we agreed that evil is something that want to destroy someone's else happiness.

Yeah, I will try my best to make other people in hell. if I am in so much pain that I physically can't make other people happy, I will still be happy because of the people I made happy in their lifetime while I am still alive and the fact that I stood up for what I believed in too.

There will be no happiness in hell. I didn't think it was possible for someone to even consider it. I'm not gonna copy and paste scripture that describe hell for you.

You don't get my point. Your morality is feel-good. It's not true and objective!

All those things may taste good, but they are bad for you! You aren't listening to God and thus rejecting his authority and goodness. So you are considered evil, and will go to the lake of fire without Jesus. That's the Truth.

okay, let's take it from an objective point of view. using made up people, Cindy had sex with Mark for shortterm because both want to have sex with each other. Cindy isn't pregnant. they live their life all the way to their natural death. I am confused on how is this wrong on the "objective" view.

If isn't hurting anyone or harming anyone's happiness, how is that evil??? I thought we agreed that evil is something that want to destroy someone's else happiness.

Yeah, I will try my best to make other people in hell. if I am in so much pain that I physically can't make other people happy, I will still be happy because of the people I made happy in their lifetime while I am still alive and the fact that I stood up for what I believed in too.
No we didn't agree to that. It evil because we disagree with what God knows is perfect and good. You are basically saying to him "Our way is better than yours! Just leave us alone!".

Do you know what Satan told Eve? He said eat the fruit and you shall be like God, and you will decide what is right and wrong. Well newsflash, we don't decide what's right and what's wrong! God does! And if you disagree then you are in sin and pride, and therefore are evil.

Back