1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Skinny Soup

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by Dusty, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Skinny Soup

This was on the Dr Oz show so don't blame me if it doesn't work .... I am going to try it too ... Good luck ...

1 (2 lb., 3 oz.) can of Italian plum tomatoes
    4 cans of water (use tomato can, fill with water)
    4 chicken bouillon cubes
    2 large onions
    1 large green pepper
    1 large red pepper
    1 bag fresh carrots
    1 bunch celery
    1 med. green cabbage
    Sea salt

Blend tomatoes and 4 cans of water. Add 4 bouillon cubes. Shred or chop all vegetables, except cabbage. Add to broth. Cook 2 hours, then add shredded cabbage and cook 1 more hour, slowly. Add salt and pepper to taste. To make soup more of a "meal" you may add cooked brown rice.
  2. Thanks Dusty,

I love soups so I will be trying this too.
  3. hmmmm, may have to try this.
    since i'm not much off a cook, how can you cook something slowly?
  4. I've done this before and it works if you eat it everyday for a week. I don't use chicken bullion but I add garlic and cayenne, that adds plenty of flavor. Oh and I add the brown rice too.

5. Ok thanks don as I did not like all the bullion cubes .... too much salt . I like garlic and cayenne and did you know ( you probably did .... you are so smart ) .... that cayenne is very good and acts as a blood thinner and that way people don't have to take aspirin .... I never took aspirin anyways and avoid meds as much as possible .
  6. Turn the heat down to a simmer, maybe? Or just pop it all in the slow cooker/crock pot. I'm a lazy cook and slow cookers make it easy to be a chef.
  7. I love crock pots ( slowcookers ) You can put the food in them in the morning and come home at night and have a nutricious meal .... Hey Spinning you should try that . There are so many easy recipes and like I said just put in all in and at night you have your meal .... Chili is great in the crock pot.