1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Hrt4Christ, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Single-Ship

2. Brother LG, my Mama always said "God made a lid for every pot". Now I don't know for certain if that's true or not, but if Mama believed it, I tend to also.

I met my perfect lid on the internet 13 years ago, and outside of the birth of my children and grandchildren, he's God's greatest blessing to me.

Have you thought about trying one of these Christian singles groups? I hear a lot of Chrsitian women saying the same thing. All the best peaches are always plucked. Well I'm living testiment that that just ain't so Brother LG.

The Lord knows your heart Brother LG and I believe if you pray that he send s a good Christian woman into your life, he will...of course it will be in His time and not yours.

"Ask and ye shall receive". If you would like someone to share your life with, I believe the Lord wants you to be happy. So lend opportunity...be where there are people in the same place in life as you are and....well you never know what might happen.

Praying that you find the perfect lid for your pot Brother LG.

Blessings, Cheri
  3. I don't blame you for how you feel about those Christian dating websites. I once looked through one out of curiosity and I was so dismayed. I wondered if half the people were really Christians.

I think that there is nothing wrong with being single or in staying single. Paul talks about staying single in the NT. When God originally created Adam it was as a single man.

I believe that individuals should learn how to embrace their singleness, and become happy in it. Singleness is about becoming a complete, whole, unique creature as God intended us to be. It wasn't until Adam was whole and complete that God made Eve.

Don't feel like you have to conform to society and find a woman. Be comfortable and happy in who you are and in how God created you. God never promised us that life would be easy. I believe that if God wants for us (singles) to be with someone, then he will bring that person into our life. I don't believe in "soul mates" or that he has one special person picked out. You may not even know the person when you see her. Pray about it.

I think prayer is important. Pray for God to prepare you for her and for him to prepare this future somebody for you. We do not know all the plans God has for us in our lives, but in his time he makes all things beautiful.

All the best.
  4. I love my single life. Never been married and dont expect it any time soon. Like yall said that theres someone out there for everyone, I guess thats ok if you want your life to change big time, tee hee and it will :)
    GBU Tavy
  5. My Brother, I hear your heart and I've been there myself.
    I must agree that internet websites are not the place to " meet that someone special." As you well know, online a person can put up any picture and portray themselves as someone whom they are not. True, there are some " successful stories" that you hear about from time to time but overall, it's a very very dangerous game. In ministry, I've seen lives fall apart because of internet relationships. I believe that anyone seeking a relationship online is setting themselves up for a lot of dissappointment and heartbreak.
    As we honour God with our life, He promises to fulfill the desires of our heart. My brother, my advice as another guy and as a Pastor is focus completely on serving Christ, surrender the relationship desire to the Lord and allow Him to work on it for you.
    Remember, God's heart is to bless his children and He always has our best interest foremost. Tune out the dating advice, stay away from the singles sites. Walk with wisdom and discernment . Good things come to those who wait. Wait upon the Lord my brother.
    I did and I've been married to a wonderful woman for over 22 years with an incredible family and blessings beyond what I'd ever dreamed.

Be faithful !

praying for you

Pastor Glenn
  6. I've been divorced for almost 7 yrs and haven't had relationship since and havent been on a date in almost 2yrs. I was lost until Easter this past year, and I think God removed the "need" to have a relationship for His purpose. I think if I was still caught up with trying to please myself I would've never discovered Him. I'm still very content being alone. I'm not saying I will never, but right now my focus can be on building my relationship with God. I choose Him over the flesh anyday
  7. I can't see what Hrt4Christ is posting :/
  8. I don't know why or what happened, but some time ago Hrt4Christ deleted all of his posts and hasn't been back since. I think the original post is quoted in Xcortman's post (#5 above) so you can at least see what the thread was about.
  9. So then I would say that this thread needs to terminate as the OP is no longer here . It was started almost three months ago with no activity . If any one wants to start a new thread on this topic , maybe that would be a good idea.